Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

15 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not a particularly stupid man (stop sniggering at the back) but I've read that twice and I've still not got a clue what the Hell it's actually going on about. I assume it implies you are voting "no" but there's absolutely no clarity on why or where this number of £3.5m to £4m of lost revenue has been pulled from? Is it the lost gate receipts from games not happening. 

Its a cumulative figure from all 42 clubs, so presumably they're, for some reason, including revenue lost from games at Celtic Park and Ibrox to bump that figure up to scaremonger clubs.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Its a cumulative figure from all 42 clubs, so presumably they're, for some reason, including revenue lost from games at Celtic Park and Ibrox to bump that figure up to scaremonger clubs.

How can it 'scaremonger' clubs when they released the statement after the deadline for voting? :huh:

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

People are saying Inverness voted against the proposal, announced on Sky. Not seen anything official on it yet.

Earliest mention of it I can see on Twitter is Manpreet...

16 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread (or elsewhere), but I had a moment earlier when I wondered what might (inevitably) happen once things are back up and running. Let's say it is October, we are six games into the 'new' season, whatever that might look like. A team shows signs of symptoms and then have to isolate. Then another shows the same. Then another. What I am saying is that it is more than likely the football next season will again be affected by the second or third wave of this and we may have similar scheduling and legal problems as a result.

That's my lockdown thought for the day.

If this happens legal issues will be the least of our problems.There is no way the government will be able to come up with the same finance packages and we will be in a recession so i suspect a number of our clubs would not survive.

26 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Unfuckinbelievable

So as by your post you asked me to name the businesses that have shut down and put thousands out of work due to the virus? 

More like Millions moron. 

Then, and this is beyond belief and makes me wonder where your fuckin head is at, you said that 'this virus killing people is part of life'. and compared it to heart attacks and cancer.

And then you finish by saying that a recession due to the virus, as I had mentioned, is normal?

I'll be dead honest with you, there's far wiser eating grass than you.

Not at that point they never. 

This virus killing people is a part of life. What do you think it is? :lol: Do you live in some parallel universe where folk don't die of viruses? 

I said we were already living through the effects of a recession as you were (once again, wildly) claiming this is the end of the world. 

Back under the bed for you, moron. We'll give you a shout next Thursday at 19:55 when you can come out and bang your pot again. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A cumulative figure of what though? Is it lost gate receipts? Based on what? Celtic and Rangers are almost exclusively filled by season ticket holders anyway and unless they claim that back it's not "lost". Does it include catering receipts, hospitality, other things? It's just plucked from thin air with absolutely no explanation or source.

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

How can it 'scaremonger' clubs when they released the statement after the deadline for voting? :huh:

Strictly 5pm was a request, not a deadline.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Whole of Scottish football waiting on the Shoestealers to decide our fates! 😂

Looks like John Robertson has saved Hearts.

Out of sporting integrity, I assume.

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

People are saying Inverness voted against the proposal, announced on Sky. Not seen anything official on it yet.

From their perspective makes sense to me - more to gain from an expansion of top division.

Edited by btb

Just now, btb said:

From their perspective makes sense to me - more to gain from expansion.

Top flight clubs aren't going to vote to expand the top flight, not in a season when they've all been promised record amounts of cash.