Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

In 2012, a team had been kicked out of the league. There would only be 11 teams in the SPL if nothing changed. Adding another team was a necessity.

In 2020, regardless of what option goes ahead, the requisite number of clubs will fill out the leagues. The only thing adding extra teams will do is complicate the issue.

Maybe not. Sevco might do what Rangers did (i.e. die).

That would be exceptional.

6 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

No, we were Premier/First Division/Second Division/Third etc until 2013.

And the lion branding is supposed to be based on the lion rampant and the old SFL logo (So I am definitely being slightly petty! It's more the design of the lion that irks me if honest) but the top flight in Scotland had used:

SPL-logo.jpg

For the previous 14 year.

Yup, and the league names make a bit of sense in England because there's still two league bodies.

Since the merger of the SPL and the SFL in Scotland we just have one league body, so the crappy naming we copied makes zero sense and is cringey nonsense that shows zero creativity and leadership.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Maybe not. Sevco might do what Rangers did (i.e. die).

That would be exceptional.

Well then I'd have no argument. That would be exceptional.

It's also a big maybe and has got f**k all to do with my actual point. As it currently stands, this is a complete non-issue that reconstruction would flare up into a big issue.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

On 09/04/2020 at 16:35, Dele said:

Everything I said still rings true.  

Unfuckinbelievable

So as by your post you asked me to name the businesses that have shut down and put thousands out of work due to the virus? 

More like Millions moron. 

Then, and this is beyond belief and makes me wonder where your fuckin head is at, you said that 'this virus killing people is part of life'. and compared it to heart attacks and cancer.

And then you finish by saying that a recession due to the virus, as I had mentioned, is normal?

I'll be dead honest with you, there's far wiser eating grass than you.

Apologies if this has been mentioned earlier in the thread (or elsewhere), but I had a moment earlier when I wondered what might (inevitably) happen once things are back up and running. Let's say it is October, we are six games into the 'new' season, whatever that might look like. A team shows signs of symptoms and then have to isolate. Then another shows the same. Then another. What I am saying is that it is more than likely the football next season will again be affected by the second or third wave of this and we may have similar scheduling and legal problems as a result.

That's my lockdown thought for the day.

5 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Dundee's official statement:

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-24/

I'm not a particularly stupid man (stop sniggering at the back) but I've read that twice and I've still not got a clue what the Hell it's actually going on about. I assume it implies you are voting "no" but there's absolutely no clarity on why or where this number of £3.5m to £4m of lost revenue has been pulled from? Is it the lost gate receipts from games not happening. I'm genuinely unsure about most of that statement. It's a terrible mess of words.

5 minutes ago, charger29 said:

League 1 and 2 have passed it apparently. Looks like it will come down to Inverness.

Ross County the decider in the top flight, no indication they've done anything.