Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

...........and that is fair on teams that are not currently sitting in 1st and 2nd place but can still get promoted because...........

Partick can still be promoted through the playoffs. The absolute dugshit from 2nd to 10th in the championship should be allocated final placing a via a tombola.

I remember Dundee getting promoted by default when Rangers died.  An extraordinary circumstance, like the current situation is.  ICT would be in the same position as Dundee in 2012 in this instance.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I remember Dundee getting promoted by default when Rangers died.  An extraordinary circumstance, like the current situation is.  ICT would be in the same position as Dundee in 2012 in this instance.

Funny if ICT died and we took your place.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

In 2012, a team had been kicked out of the league. There would only be 11 teams in the SPL if nothing changed. Adding another team was a necessity.

In 2020, regardless of what option goes ahead, the requisite number of clubs will fill out the leagues. The only thing adding extra teams will do is complicate the issue.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Funny if ICT died and we took your place.

There's infinitely more chance of Dundee going bust than The Caley m6.  That's always been the case, and always will be.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

In 2012, a team had been kicked out of the entire league. There would only be 11 teams in the SPL if nothing changed. Adding another team was a necessity.

In 2020, regardless of what option goes ahead, the requisite number of clubs will fill out the leagues. The only thing adding extra teams will to is complicate the issue.

I wasn't comparing the situations like for like, you know this, I was saying they are both extraordinary circumstances.  One which Dundee were the beneficiaries of before.  

The collective tears and snotter from the Dundee fans on the potential of ICT being promoted along with United is ironic to say the least.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I wasn't comparing the situations like for like, you know this, I was saying they are both extraordinary circumstances.  One which Dundee were the beneficiaries of before.  

So we should just benefit teams for the sake of benefitting them because one team deservedly died and a few teams benefitted off of that? My point is that restructuring the leagues doesn't fix anything that any other 'solution' wouldn't, it only complicates the issue. Especially if it's just for one season.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

For the record, I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I'd be fine with United getting promotion and Hearts getting relegated, hence why I winced at the story that we might be tabling our own resolution. I'm mad we're not getting a play-off spot more than anything personally. I think reconstruction is a bloody farce though, as I've previously addressed.

1 hour ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Yeah a one week break won’t cause too many issues I don’t think. Clubs have free weeks throughout the season if knocked out of cup competitions so one extra free week wouldn’t be an issue.

Interesting point there if you're splitting the season so early, you could end up with teams with free weeks very close together if they are already out the cup. That being said, it would be extra midweek matches you would need to fulfill the extra match days. 

A 14 team League is an abomination of an idea, and the worst of all worlds. 

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

17.01 this evening.

There was an article that said the decision wouldn't be known until 'early next week'. Must have all hands on deck counting the votes IMO.

4 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

There was an article that said the decision wouldn't be known until 'early next week'. Must have all hands on deck fiddling the votes IMO.

FTFY

There was an article that said the decision wouldn't be known until 'early next week'. Must have all hands on deck counting the votes IMO.

I don’t think an official announcement will be made until Monday but I’d imagine it will filter out this evening what way teams have voted so we should know around 5 ish perhaps??

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think an official announcement will be made until Monday but I’d imagine it will filter out this evening what way teams have voted so we should know around 5 ish perhaps??

Most are making it official through club statements anyway tbf.