League Reconstruction 20/21 season

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If this really turns out to be a 'no-strings attached' lifeline, I will be the first to commend Ann Budge on such a find.

Indeed. Not such a good look for Mr Doncaster, though.

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Met James Anderson at a charity do once. He was surprisingly humble and unassuming and VERY humorous.

Yes, a nice chap, and one who has made me a metric f**k-ton of money over the years via his Scottish Mortgage investment trust. I'm quite willing to forgive him being a Jambo.

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Explain how you feel that they were gullible when they were correct in that there was something in what was said by Budge?

They claimed that Doncaster was an arsehole for asking for clarification, like were there any conditions re Hearts, how many people was she talking about, and were they ready to receive his call. It would be rude not to. It's not like there's guy in the pub who's got a telly going cheap.

Edited by welshbairn

29 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Did the top tier get round to kicking the 3x14 idea out today, or were they all rolling about naked in a big pile of jambo money?

I was just wondering the same.  Have we heard anything yet?

30 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Now who's gullible, to think that they actually meant that literally. 

To be fair, no professional just takes people a their word on this sort of offer, in this industry especially. I can't help but feel , if reports are true, that Ms Budge did not perform the role of middleman very well. Why would you not set up a meeting/call & introduce said parties to each other. Talk around the details of the offer, the quid pro quo and the likelihood of it coming off? If kept reasonably quiet, and it seems the gentleman in question is happy with that, then was that not the way to proceed?

She can't seriously believe the SPFL were not going to take a cautious approach to this.

As for Sportsound pundits - most of them won't know the difference between a mortgage and a loan, so why the BBC even asks for their opinion is beyond me. Once you enter this arena you would be better asking a business correspondent to join the panel for an episode to at least attempt to add some weight to the debate. 

Edited by SouthLanarkshireWhite

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They claimed that Doncaster was an arsehole for asking for clarification, like were there any conditions re Hearts, how many people was she talking about, and were they ready to receive his call. It would be rude not to. It's not like there's guy in the pub who's got a telly going cheap.

You couldn't turn that down!

1 hour ago, Ric said:

As a successful businesswoman, successful businesswoman Ann Budge didn't play a particularly successful bluff with her "secret philanthropist".

I'm glad you have formed an orderly queue to thank Anne Budge for bringing this man and his money to the table. You should probably ask yourself how Ann Budge can attract this money to Scottish Football, but Docaster on his ridiculous salary fails miserably.   It's almost like over and above the tribal hatred there is a fair bit of misogyny going on among some of you.

25 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I'm glad you have formed an orderly queue to thank Anne Budge for bringing this man and his money to the table. You should probably ask yourself how Ann Budge can attract this money to Scottish Football, but Docaster on his ridiculous salary fails miserably.   It's almost like over and above the tribal hatred there is a fair bit of misogyny going on among some of you.

She should be thanked for nothing. Successful businesswoman Ann Budge has nothing to do with it.

I hope the accusation of misogyny is not being labelled at me btw. I've been quite clear successful businesswoman Ann Budge should be pilloried for her actions, not the fact she has a vagina.

Edited by Ric

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

She should be thanked for nothing. Successful businesswoman Ann Budge has nothing to do with it.

I hope the accusation of misogyny is not being labelled at me btw. I've been quite clear successful businesswoman Ann Budge should be pilloried for her actions, not he fact she has a vagina.

Leveins away

1 minute ago, pansjambo said:

Leveins away

Come now, successful businesswoman Ann Budge was quite clear that you Hearts fans should show respect to the man, and that she is very sad at his departure.

11 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I don’t dislike Budge because she’s a woman.  I dislike her because she’s a cúnt.

I hope that helps clarify things for you.

16 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

I think you will find that there are a fair few - myself among them - who have said that this guy bringing cash to the table is a fantastic charitable gesture - lets hope it does the trick.

However I find it more difficult to throw myself down and pray at Ann Budges alter, as she has emerged as one of Scottish footballs more dislikable figures over the last couple of months - not based on her being a woman, but due to her views over lower leagues and the threat of taking the entire league to court and potential ruin simply because she has mismanaged the cash / personnel.

We will never know, but it has occurred to me (and others) that the timing of Budge publicising Andersons offer is.................convenient...................however, if it saves lower league clubs then I will let that one pass.

And, for the record i am no mysogynist - I thought Wallace Mercer was a c**t and to the best of my knowledge he was a guy.