League Reconstruction 20/21 season

2 hours ago, Aim Here said:

England has different hospitals, different health systems, different politicians, different footballing authorities and a different government as far as most of these matters are concerned.

It also has the worst Covid19 death rate in Europe, outside of Belgium (Scotland isn't far behind, but it's better), and is not an example to be emulated.

Is it? Got a link? I thought we were 4070 as opposed to 42150  for the whole UK.  With 7.7% of the pop. we should be at about 3200 pro-rata. If I'm comparing apples with apples, we're worse! Nicola gets an easy ride on this, just because she doesn't sound like Boris.

10 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Willy is too simple to even begin to decipher that.

We all know the arse cheeks would pinch all the best U17 - U19 talent for peanuts, throw them in to the colts teams and leave most of them to rot while 1 or 2 may go on to make it at the respective senior team. The better youngsters in their own set up won't be near any Colts team.

Absolutely no way should Colt teams be taking away league places from proper clubs. How they think playing their full time youngsters against part time posties & plumbers is laughable.  It should be one per club in the league if the bigger full time teams want competitive games for spare players then sort out the reserve league. If these clubs were at all concerned about bringing through Scottish players they would stop just importing most of their squads from all over the world. Was hanging fire until the meeting the other day which  Ihad hoped put the Colts back in the bin,  made a donation to the club on that understanding as I have never went to see a Colts game on principle & if they ever appear in the league I would not be back after 25 years of support.

8 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

The seethe in here is hilarious. I doubt many clubs in ours or Particks position would behave differently in the circumstances. 

Have any clubs done this in history? Suggest you fill out your applications for the East of Scotland and West of Scotland leagues respectively.

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

Is it? Got a link? I thought we were 4070 as opposed to 42150  for the whole UK.  With 7.7% of the pop. we should be at about 3200 pro-rata. If I'm comparing apples with apples, we're worse! Nicola gets an easy ride on this, just because she doesn't sound like Boris.

I just went with the latest official Scottish figures here compared with the UK-wide figure from worldometers,which doesn't break things down to Scotland, and then just pro-rated by population.

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

The 4070 figure is the all deaths with covid mentioned on death certificate. Whereas the daily figure Sturgeon reads out is confirmed as cause of death, which is 2400 odds - thats the figure you should compare with the UK 42000 figure. If you go on excess mortality, the gap between Scotland and England widens further.

I don't think that statement is a particularly good read if you are a Hearts or a Thistle fan. It basically boils down to "give us some money and we will go away". Considering the bombast of previous statements, it now looks like they'll fold for a few hundred grand just to save some face. 

To be honest, it might be worth it just to draw a line under the whole thing.

1 minute ago, Sparticus said:

Surely we get to vote for how we respond to this no?

Any proposal for an additional payment to Hearts and Partick would have to be put to the clubs yes.

The only point of getting an injunction would be to stop things starting without us

By getting the timescale accelerated that strategy becomes a lot less relevant

Should Hearts and Patrick be successful the SPFL would have to decide whether it favours reconstruction or compensation and then have to decide the details of the reconstruction or the details of how the compensation will be funded and given that the SPFL is still 42 competing interests that could take a while. At that point an injunction might concentrate minds on the deadline.

Reconstruction or compensation?

How about neither?

23 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Bump.

Sorry to burst your bubble but that doesn't preclude going to court in Scotland. It only means that clubs have to adhere to any CAS judgement that applies to them. 

For fairly obvious reasons it's not legal to create a contract where a party gives up their right under UK law to access the judicial system. 

9 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Have any clubs done this in history? Suggest you fill out your applications for the East of Scotland and West of Scotland leagues respectively.

Shotts Bon Accord took the Central Juniors to court in 1995 after they fined them £500 for postponing a game without permission due to a flu outbreak. They were suspended for a year by the league and eventually had to re-enter at the bottom tier (they were in the top flight).

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Shotts Bon Accord took the Central Juniors to court in 1995 after they fined them £500 for postponing a game without permission due to a flu outbreak. They were suspended for a year by the league and eventually had to re-enter at the bottom tier (they were in the top flight).

Play in maroon, came back stronger. Lessons to be learned!

100% if this gets to court the  injunction will be put in place. 
Simply put, it is a restriction of trade. & until the case is heard then nothing can be started. Simple business law.
Covid may yet prevent an August restart (doubt it now) but if agreement not reached before it goes to court an injunction will have to be issued until case heard/completed. 
Hearts - "we have no wish to disrupt Scottish football"