League Reconstruction 20/21 season

51 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

There's a strong Brexit/Trump parallel there. Reflects the mentality of society's thickest. If anything bad happens, it's a conspiracy or a lie. It's scarily easy to get people onside if you only ever tell them what they want to hear, and allow them to blame their problems on other people.

Except they got their Russian interference out of the way early with Romanov.

7 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

She’s at it. The extra 5 million is for her retirement fund for her grandchildren.

I heard it was to give to her brother, you know.. for all that extra stand work.

Guest 8GamesToGo
6 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

She’s at it. The extra 5 million is for her retirement fund for her grandchildren.

Do you genuinely think Ann Budge came up with the compensation figure? It's a lawyer created starting point.

She said 3m, but that was before it was a 27-game league starting in October. In fact, when that figure was put out the Championship wasn't even confirmed as going ahead at all. Quite a few teams benefited financially from the vote to end the league early. Get them to pay. 

Guest 8GamesToGo
3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

She bought the club, got you promoted, made the fans pay for multiple mid table finishes and a shite new stand, then left you exactly where she got you (Championship), intends to take the money she put in out the FOH fund, and leave you with a massive wage bill that's in no way sustainable for a second tier side. 

The fans have put more money into the club than Budge, who's sole role has been to consistently hire folk to waste it, yet here you are fighting her corner as if she's the messiah.

So much wrong with that post. See that "shite new stand" comment for example. Ignoring the fact it's a perfectly fine stand, it's much more than a stand, shite or not. It represents the securing of Tynecastle as our home after around 20 years of uncertainty starting with the Pieman. So yeah, it's a very big deal. I couldn't give a shit who owns our club, but a rich fan with the best interests of the club at heart (which Budge is) has to be top of the list. Certainly preferable to the 3 eejits who came before her.

What's the St Johnstone equivalent of "mansplaining". I think I know my club better than you.

Guest 8GamesToGo
2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Bitter........not much lololIMG-20200509-WA0000.jpeg

Did your mum help you with that? It's lovely. One for the fridge. The lockdown really has brought the crafters out.

6 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Can you imagine how much of a laugh this would have been with big vlad at the helm?

If Ann Budge owned a K19-class nuclear submarine, we'd already have Leslie Deans and the JKB moonhowlers demanding ICBM strikes on Mount Florida, and she'd probably be considering it.

8 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

So yeah, it's a very big deal. I couldn't give a shit who owns our club, but a rich fan with the best interests of the club at heart (which Budge is) has to be top of the list. Certainly preferable to the 3 eejits who came before her.

Didn't Ann Budge subcontract out the mysteriously overbudget main stand to her Hibby brother or brother-in-law? When she's juggling the best interests of her family and the best interests of the club, which one wins?

post-4522-0-69746200-1401622266.gif

30 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Most reasonable people think it's unfair. Your own manager thinks it's unfair. Members of the SPFL board that facilitated the decision think it's unfair.

We could possibly have finished the league. We'll never know because a decision was taken to end it far too early. Through a vote that may or may not be legal.

Given the press is now full of stuff about possible crowds in August when we were told October at the very earliest, it's clear that things change quickly. Holding off a decision to give us as much chance of finishing the league would have been sensible, while at the same time fully exploring other more sensible options like reconstruction.

Instead, here we are. And some still think the SPFL have handled this in a competent way after years of slagging off the SPFL.

809041485_tenor(3).gif.86096b7b456b43d5ed95942485baf61e.gif

We could not play the league as the Scottish Government had said no. They only allowed us to contact train at the end of June and only last Thursday allowed us to play friendlies. You do know that they are the ones that say you can or cannot play, yes?

We've had this dance before many times.over the past few weeks and you offer no tangable way of having the games played other than "we could have engaged with Government" they did. "Other countries did it" irrelevant we are not governed by them etc. etc.

Couldn't give two shits if he thinks that or not. He was manager of Tranmere Rovers at the time who were relegated by PPG.

Again your final point is another dance we've all had with you again, and again and again. For some reason you have tunnel vision and selective reading. Because you think that we LL love the SPFL. The SPFL and by definition THE CLUBS THEMSELVES have made a decision, when ALL the facts have been considered that were known AT THE TIME , that may have been the least worst case scenario does NOT make us slavish pro SPFL zealots. This mantra of your reeks of the same pish as identity politics which gets right on my Chabs! It is a situation full of shades of grey, there is very little that is black and white.

I do not believe that any of us, but I wouldn't call those that do if there is any wrong, that think the SPFL got every single thing here correct. They have made errors, but looking at the Sky contract issues v payback for non completion, UEFA non leadership and deadline for Euro competitors, etc  they have made the least worst case scenario.

81% voted for it (only reason it was close was because of the voting structure). Clubs rejected reconstruction because the details were crap. Your fellow Jambos on JKB think that if there is a payout and clubs have to share it, that bills of £300000 per club will finish clubs. That is less than the amount bottom 6 clubs would have lost under the last reconstruction plan. I'll make no further comment on that.

Edited by Tannadeechee

Quite a few teams benefited financially from the vote to end the league early. Get them to pay. 

Can you explain what you mean by that?

And also, if it can be reasonably argued that relegation would result in Hearts income being reduced by £X, do you honestly think that compensation given (in addition to the parachute payment) should be £X?

They weren’t picked out of a hat at random to be ‘expelled’. The chances of Hearts not being relegated had the season played to a conclusion were, at best, 50:50.

So surely 50% of £X would be a fair compensation?

A look at the accounts of Dundee, Dundee Utd, Partick, Ross County and ICT over the past 4 or 5 years should allow a fairly accurate picture of the cost of relegation from the premier league to be calculated.

And I bet it’s not double the £3m/£5m/£8m or whatever Hearts think they are entitled to.

35 minutes ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Budge has been in charge 6 years. In that time she literally saved the club (do you think that maybe buys her some time with some fans?), helped facilitate FoH that brings in around 130k a month to the club, secured Tynecastle as our stadium by redeveloping it after years of uncertainty around the ground, won the most competitive championship probably ever in one year despite budgeting for two, and got into Europe at the first attempt despite budgeting for top 6 only, and before Neilson left was heading for a second 3rd in a row minimum that almost never happens.

Seems like the Hearts fans are happy with the state of the club, over ownership etc, and are willing to keep the cash flowing into the club ,very admirable. At the outset I'd guess most other clubs may have tried the legal route to save their skins, but to possibly see some clubs go to the wall is a shame. Just accept whatever £ is offered and get on with things. Players on ridiculous contracts, who's to blame for that mess ?

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What I will never, ever understand, is the pathological hatred Hearts fans have for St Mirren "allowing" Celtic to beat them and allow Celtic to win the league instead of Hearts. Celtic could have won 50-0 that day and Hearts would still have won the league if they had not themselves allowed Dundee to beat them. Hearts only needed to avoid defeat at Dens. The reason that Hearts didn't win the league is Hearts fault and no one else. A bit like their relegation this season. 

It does seem like a very illogical hatred.

It reminds me of Chris Sutton branding Dunfermline cheats for ‘lying down’ to Rangers but he overlooked the fact that Celtic missed a penalty during their match at Kilmarnock.

54 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Not sure why that has the Best of British tag on it, with that stupid bulldog, as the track is from the Czech born Dvorak's "Symphony for the New World", which, as the name suggests was composed in, and dedicated to, the United States. I get it was used in a Hovis advert but it's as relevant as suggesting anyone who used Maxell cassettes were anti-Semites.

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

What I will never, ever understand, is the pathological hatred Hearts fans have for St Mirren "allowing" Celtic to beat them and allow Celtic to win the league instead of Hearts. Celtic could have won 50-0 that day and Hearts would still have won the league if they had not themselves allowed Dundee to beat them. Hearts only needed to avoid defeat at Dens. The reason that Hearts didn't win the league is Hearts fault and no one else. A bit like their relegation this season. 

Wait until they find out they lost to us 6-2 earlier in the season. That would really rip their knitting.. :o

Edited by Ric

1 hour ago, Tannadeechee said:

809041485_tenor(3).gif.86096b7b456b43d5ed95942485baf61e.gif

We could not play the league as the Scottish Government had said no. They only allowed us to contact train at the end of June and only last Thursday allowed us to play friendlies. You do know that they are the ones that say you can or cannot play, yes?

We've had this dance before many times.over the past few weeks and you offer no tangable way of having the games played other than "we could have engaged with Government" they did. "Other countries did it" irrelevant we are not governed by them etc. etc.

Couldn't give two shits if he thinks that or not. He was manager of Tranmere Rovers at the time who were relegated by PPG.

Again your final point is another dance we've all had with you again, and again and again. For some reason you have tunnel vision and selective reading. Because you think that we LL love the SPFL. The SPFL and by definition THE CLUBS THEMSELVES have made a decision, when ALL the facts have been considered that were known AT THE TIME , that may have been the least worst case scenario does NOT make us slavish pro SPFL zealots. This mantra of your reeks of the same pish as identity politics which gets right on my Chabs! It is a situation full of shades of grey, there is very little that is black and white.

I do not believe that any of us, but I wouldn't call those that do if there is any wrong, that think the SPFL got every single thing here correct. They have made errors, but looking at the Sky contract issues v payback for non completion, UEFA non leadership and deadline for Euro competitors, etc  they have made the least worst case scenario.

81% voted for it (only reason it was close was because of the voting structure). Clubs rejected reconstruction because the details were crap. Your fellow Jambos on JKB think that if there is a payout and clubs have to share it, that bills of £300000 per club will finish clubs. That is less than the amount bottom 6 clubs would have lost under the last reconstruction plan. I'll make no further comment on that.

Just leave him be. You've highlighted the problem and you can't reason with stupid. 

As John Cleese said -

"The problem with people like this is that they are so stupid they have no idea how stupid they are.

In order to know how good you are at something, it requires exactly the same skills as it does to be good at that thing in the first place, which means — and this is terribly funny — that if you are absolutely no good at something at all, then you lack exactly the skills you need to know that you are absolutely no good at it."

52 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

John Cleese said -

"The problem with people like this is that they are so stupid they have no idea how stupid they are.

John Cleese said that London was no longer English because it didn't have enough white English people living there, and qualified that later by suggesting it was proven by their remain vote. He then went on to claim that Britain should leave the EU because people should believe in their country - quickly followed by him fucking off to a Caribbean island for tax purposes.

He seemed to be either unwilling or incapable of understanding why people found issue with either statement. So maybe he's right, stupid people don't realise how stupid they are.

Edit: Don't forget his constant tirades at Scotland. From the temerity of us having jobs in England to the sheer gall that we didn't just hand over complete control of Doune castle to them so they could film Holy Grail.

Edited by Ric

48 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Now you are trying to re-write history 

Hearts were cheated and it was all the work of the Snakes From Paisley.  Everyone knows this is the truth, and to suggest that Hearts were in any way responsible just makes you look silly.