League Reconstruction 20/21 season

40 minutes ago, Ric said:

Not sure why that has the Best of British tag on it, with that stupid bulldog, as the track is from the Czech born Dvorak's "Symphony for the New World", which, as the name suggests was composed in, and dedicated to, the United States. I get it was used in a Hovis advert but it's as relevant as suggesting anyone who used Maxell cassettes were anti-Semites.

Dunno about any of that Ric, far to deep for me on a Friday night, but after a few beers, the Hovis tune was floating round my head as I read his reminiscing.....

25 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Dunno about any of that Ric, far to deep for me on a Friday night, but after a few beers, the Hovis tune was floating round my head as I read his reminiscing.....

Not knocking you for it, more commenting on the video having the jingoistic British garb around it when it's not even in the slightest British.

If you missed the reference btw, the old Maxell tape advert from the 80s (the classic one where he gets blown back in his seat) had Ride of the Valkyries playing. Composed by Wagner, a well known anti-Semite (in fact reportedly Hitler's favourite composer).

3 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

Most reasonable people think it's unfair. Your own manager thinks it's unfair. Members of the SPFL board that facilitated the decision think it's unfair.

We could possibly have finished the league. We'll never know because a decision was taken to end it far too early. Through a vote that may or may not be legal.

Given the press is now full of stuff about possible crowds in August when we were told October at the very earliest, it's clear that things change quickly. Holding off a decision to give us as much chance of finishing the league would have been sensible, while at the same time fully exploring other more sensible options like reconstruction.

Instead, here we are. And some still think the SPFL have handled this in a competent way after years of slagging off the SPFL.

When was the decision taken to end the Premiership?  How long would you have left it, would you have restarted on 1st August?

1 hour ago, Ric said:

John Cleese said that London was no longer English because it didn't have enough white English people living there, and qualified that later by suggesting it was proven by their remain vote. He then went on to claim that Britain should leave the EU because people should believe in their country - quickly followed by him fucking off to a Caribbean island for tax purposes.

He seemed to be either unwilling or incapable of understanding why people found issue with either statement. So many he's right, stupid people don't realise how stupid they are.

Edit: Don't forget his constant tirades at Scotland. From the temerity of us having jobs in England to the sheer gall that we didn't just hand over complete control of Doune castle to them so they could film Holy Grail.

Hey, I didn't say that I agree with anything hes said other than his explanation of stupid people and my application of it to Ms Budges posts!

Just now, mishtergrolsch said:

Hey, I didn't say that I agree with anything hes said other than his explanation of stupid people and my application of it to Ms Budges posts!

Yeah, sorry, too quick to hate on the myopic old Brexit goat. Wasn't aiming any ire towards you. :)

I think the big question now is...

Will this thread over take the BRALT?

I think it’s got a shot. It’s got the right levels of consistency and seethe.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

It does seem like a very illogical hatred.

It reminds me of Chris Sutton branding Dunfermline cheats for ‘lying down’ to Rangers but he overlooked the fact that Celtic missed a penalty during their match at Kilmarnock.

Sutton and his team mates also accused Gordon Marshall of “Trying too hard “ in goals....

Edited by flood

3 hours ago, Ric said:

Wait until they find out they lost to us 6-2 earlier in the season. That would really rip their knitting.. :o

I missed that game thank goodness, but I was at the  6-0 game at love Street a couple of seasons later which was nice.  Finished 2nd that year as well.

1 minute ago, Mr. X said:

I missed that game thank goodness, but I was at the  6-0 game at love Street a couple of seasons later which was nice.  Finished 2nd that year as well.

Just think if you hadn't "lain down" to us that day you might have won the league, regardless of the Dundee result. This seems to get sidestepped by all the nonsense conspiracy theories about the final game.

14 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

That showed 'em.

Oh wait, should you not have been rattling yourselves for choking at Dens?

Fucking hell. Are folk still arguing with Pet Jeden's alias? It's utterly pointless as he's:

a) Monumentally thick; and

b) Is aware of a) but is posting the same shite over and over again because he knows he has no logical argument and is probably just spamming now. 

10 hours ago, Ric said:

Not sure why that has the Best of British tag on it, with that stupid bulldog, as the track is from the Czech born Dvorak's "Symphony for the New World", which, as the name suggests was composed in, and dedicated to, the United States. I get it was used in a Hovis advert but it's as relevant as suggesting anyone who used Maxell cassettes were anti-Semites.

Wait until they find out they lost to us 6-2 earlier in the season. That would really rip their knitting.. :o

Actually had we beaten them by only a single goal Celtic and Hearts would have ended on level points AND goal difference. Celtic would have won the league on GOALS SCORED and therefore the 5-0 scoreline would really have pished in their cornflakes.

13 hours ago, 8GamesToGo said:

So much wrong with that post. See that "shite new stand" comment for example. Ignoring the fact it's a perfectly fine stand, it's much more than a stand, shite or not. It represents the securing of Tynecastle as our home after around 20 years of uncertainty starting with the Pieman. So yeah, it's a very big deal. I couldn't give a shit who owns our club, but a rich fan with the best interests of the club at heart (which Budge is) has to be top of the list. Certainly preferable to the 3 eejits who came before her.

She vastly overpaid her brother in law to build a stand thats currently half finished and doesn't even allow major income from hospitality suites because its half finished.

How did she pay for it? Through the fans money, and begging off some rich Hearts fans.

She's really kind like that you see. She gets a great idea, finds out much it costs, and then gets everyone else to pay for it incase it goes wrong. 

Interesting how you didn't bother trying to defend the absolute farce she's made of hiring people to run on field matters though. A succession of poor decision after poor decision. You're literally exactly where you started (Championship/Robbie Neilson) because she's clueless. 6 years she's owned Hearts, and you've done absolutely nothing except rack up a massive wage bill, half build a stand, and get yourself relegated. Great stuff.