League Reconstruction 20/21 season

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Aye, but voiding the season and this pish are not the only two options.

There is no justification for league reconstruction.  None, zero, nada.  Ann Budge should have been told to fùck off rather than pandered to.

I couldn't care less about Hearts, for me it's all about the other teams that have lost out this season. 

30 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

14-14-16 - I can't imagine the third tier voting for games at Peterhead, Elgin, Cove and Brora - not when teams are skint!

Only way I can see it going through is if it's permanent as being team 44 is easier to avoid than team 42 and slightly better prize money percentages are shifted in their direction. 

I would hope that my club, and several others, will vote against any temporary nonsense. That said I think that ship has sailed and it's now more permanent and the argument is over the number of teams in the structure.

I am wary of reconstruction being forced through because of the "pram emptied, toys everywhere" approach of some clubs, but I am still favour a bigger league and it's unlikely to happen any other way.

The more I think of the 14/14/14(16) options, though, the more I think that the lowest of those should in some way be regionalised (and presumably expanded to suit). Considering clubs will be taking a hammering financially I can't see Stranraer vs Peterhead, for example, being viable now - and you could argue it wasn't before.

Edited by Ric

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

There's an outstanding third option, to be fair, so it's hardly the straight shootout that Kheredine's putting forward there.

You mean let's just try to play the remaining fixtures in the autumn? tbf if any team has arranged nearly all their contracts to expire at once, then hell mend them, eh?

(And in the meantime SPFL can just hold on to that outstanding £7m - because it's too difficult to advance/loan). 

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

You mean let's just try to play the remaining fixtures in the autumn? tbf if any team has arranged nearly all their contracts to expire at once, then hell mend them, eh?

I'm surprised there are any straws left considering how hard you've been clinging onto them.

10 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

(And in the meantime SPFL can just hold on to that outstanding £7m - because it's too difficult to advance/loan). 

No... The 'call the leagues now' option. Avoids the contracts issue very neatly.

4 hours ago, Zing. said:

14-14-16 or 14-14-14.

Am i being dim or should the preferred option not be the same one as the one with the most chance of getting most votes, by definition? 

It would be more illuminating to know who it's preferred by. 

My preferred option :

hqdefault.jpg.0fd0d5880831d7e7c1b54ca6c42d5810.jpg

So is this right?

26 games before the split, not like current set up which is 33.

Based on this season, the split would be 3 weeks after the winter break (mid Feb)

And there would then be 14 games in the split instead of the current 5.

Imagine being safely in 7th spot,  you basically have 14 meaningless games - i.e one third of the fixtures being effectively pointless.

What is the point????

8 minutes ago, Green Day said:

So is this right?

Based on this season, the split would be 3 weeks after the winter break (mid Feb)

Imagine being safely in 7th spot,  you basically have 14 meaningless games - i.e one third of the fixtures being effectively pointless.

What is the point????

Yeah, this is why a 14 team league is always going to be worse than 12. Any split will come far too early and it's unworkable without one.

27 minutes ago, Ric said:

I'm surprised there are any straws left considering how hard you've been clinging onto them.

No straws. No clutching. No danger of reconstruction. Needed an injured party being prepared to pursue SPFL (and individuals) through the courts until 2021.

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Yeah, this is why a 14 team league is always going to be worse than 12. Any split will come far too early and it's unworkable without one.

A: You give the team that finishes 8th (in a proper split) or 7th (in a shan, lopsided split) a first round play-off spot for European qualification in the top flight or promotion from the second and third tiers. Best of the bottom half plays (for example) 4th or 5th in the first round, with better placed teams entering at the following stage.

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Correct, could do x3 but that’s horrible

24 minutes ago, Green Day said:

So is this right?

What is the point????

The point is Hearts are bottom.

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

A: You give the team that finishes 8th (in a proper split) or 7th (in a shan, lopsided split) a first round play-off spot for European qualification in the top flight or promotion from the second and third tiers. Best of the bottom half plays (for example) 4th or 5th in the first round, with better placed teams entering at the following stage.

A team finishing 7th or 8th out of 14 should not be getting a shot at a promotion playoff.