Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

8 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

OK. Thanks. I usually listen in but didn't hear it advertised nor was it promoted just prior to start time. Only heard a promo for Get It On at 6pm. I must be tuned in to FM and not MW. Will want to listen to it this week,

I don't think it was broadcast live, think it was just the podcast actually. 

Rangers will call it bullying, the other side will call it legitimate lobbying, and it will go on and on with nothing being done to set up next season.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Rangers will call it bullying, the other side will call it legitimate lobbying, and it will go on and on with nothing being done to set up next season.

That's how I read it. I'm still uneasy at the SPFL calling it "lobbying" because to me that word has connotations, however if there is any club that can start a fight in an empty room it's Rangers.

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

That's how I read it. I'm still uneasy at the SPFL calling it "lobbying" because to me that word has connotations, however if there is any club that can start a fight in an empty room it's Rangers.

The "lobbying" will have been mainly club blazers phoning each other, and the SPFL officials offering much the same clarification as Doncaster gave on Sportsound. Hopefully somebody has a record of Rangers' efforts to sway the wavering against giving Celtic the title..

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

The "lobbying" will have been mainly club blazers phoning each other, and the SPFL officials offering much the same clarification as Doncaster gave on Sportsound. Hopefully somebody has a record of Rangers' efforts to sway the wavering against giving Celtic the title..

It was MacLennan that said it (I think, honestly can't remember) but the choice of word is interesting to me. Advising, fine, lobbying is something different. I've already had quite a long exchange about this with someone else so don't really fancy repeating it, but to me lobbying goes well beyond advising.

4 hours ago, Romeo said:

What are you looking forward to most from this EXPLOSIVE extensive dossier of incriminating evidence and will your club get a mention?

I am looking forward to their being absolutely no evidence of anything whatsoever, and Sevco being made to look even bigger arses than they already are (much as I would like to see the back of Doncaster) 

For Rangers "bullying" allegations to have any weight they'd need to have proof of someone at the SPFL going full Suge Knight. I'd be surprised (but thoroughly entertained) if that was the case though.

Colour me surprised if it's not some weak, dog-whistle vagueness that will get the collective brain trusts of FF/RM/Kickback in a froth but absolutely no one else.

22 minutes ago, Ric said:

It was MacLennan that said it (I think, honestly can't remember) but the choice of word is interesting to me. Advising, fine, lobbying is something different. I've already had quite a long exchange about this with someone else so don't really fancy repeating it, but to me lobbying goes well beyond advising.

It would be a bit weird if SPFL officials didn't advocate for the proposal their board recommended.

Just now, welshbairn said:

It would be a bit weird if SPFL officials didn't advocate for the proposal their board recommended.

Again, lobbying is not the same as advising. If you want I can point you to where I've discussed this before.

In short I have no issue with the SPFL either advising or even recommending, that isn't lobbying though.

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

Again, lobbying is not the same as advising. If you want I can point you to where I've discussed this before.

In short I have no issue with the SPFL either advising or even recommending, that isn't lobbying though.

It is really.

6 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

It is really.

All depends on whether you are working with the etymological or the de-facto meaning.

For example, in the political spectrum, lobbying has far more connotations to it than simply advising or recommending. That's why I have a concern that the word is being used.

4 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That last post will be the whole argument. Close thread/

Yeah, as I said, that's what is going to happen. The SPFL will say that's fine, Rangers will say that's bullying and as Del Amitri once sang .. "Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all. The needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before..."

Edited by Ric

32 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

I am looking forward to their being absolutely no evidence of anything whatsoever, and Sevco being made to look even bigger arses than they already are (much as I would like to see the back of Doncaster) 

It's the biggest moral dilemma since killing baby Hitler.