What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Players grabbing the ball after being tackled. Should be a free kick against you regardless of the original tackle

John McGinn fucking loves doing this.

34 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Beer flinging.

God yes. It's purely for the effect on TV and social media and only harms the actual experience of being there. The people who do it are irredeemable d1ckheads. 

Undoubtably been mentioned already, but these blue tick Twitter accounts that have hundreds of thousands of followers. They seem to think they are some sort of authority on football despite them, more often than not, having the worst takes and banter known to man.

Some of the more annoying examples are the Man U one that was obsessed about Martial and that Ajax boy that has been bodied numerous times for his awful opinions.

3 hours ago, Eednud said:

Goalkeepers punching the ball away when it would be easier to catch it.

My biggest bugbear  a list of things keepers would rather do than actually catch a ball is

Beat, bat, parry, punch, fist, tip, tap, finger, slap, kick, 

I get as much enjoyment  watch a goalkeeper make a flying catch as I do from a goal

• 2 weeks later...

Video advertising boards. Maybe made worse as I have ADHD, but I find it very difficult not to have my attention drawn to them. The standard static ones aren't too bad, I only get distracted by them when they change. The ones with animation or moving text and the double-height ones pioneered by Man City drive me nuts, to the point that if I'm not particularly interested in the game I'll switch it off.

8 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

A grown adult shouting "let's go Scotland let's go" at the women's game tonight like a 12 year old American 

They're coming across loud and clear on the TV. I'm glad the chant hasn't really taken off despite their several attempts.

Edited by The Naitch

"recycling possession" is something I've seen on the Tartan Army and Euros board and I can't tell if it's the usual gimps taking the piss or it's an actual genuine thing people say about football now.

On 16/07/2024 at 00:40, GordonS said:

Video advertising boards. Maybe made worse as I have ADHD, but I find it very difficult not to have my attention drawn to them. The standard static ones aren't too bad, I only get distracted by them when they change. The ones with animation or moving text and the double-height ones pioneered by Man City drive me nuts, to the point that if I'm not particularly interested in the game I'll switch it off.

They're designed to draw attention. Our eyes are drawn by moving things on our periphery (even when we're not conscious of it). It's an evolutionary thing.  Having ADHD (or to be more specific, a highly active limbic system where you're scanning for threat all the time) may make that more conscious, but probably won't make it worse. 

Advertising like this shouldn't be allowed in football. I want to be absorbed in the game, not have my attention pulled away deliberately every 10 seconds. It adds to the stress.

I remember being at Hampden for a Scotland game a while back and one of the electronic advertising boards had gone wonky and was brightly flickering between all the colours of the rainbow. It was distracting from miles back in the stand so I’ve no idea what effect it was having on the players.

The SFA introducing a shambolic registration system 3 weeks before the start of the league cup group games. I think almost every club involved in the league cup have had problems and are still having problems registering players. 

Youth level is even worse.  Word is they are also  going to be introducing a signing fee for each player and anyone registered as a coach . So much for trying to promote grass roots football. 

5 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The SFA introducing a shambolic registration system 3 weeks before the start of the league cup group games. I think almost every club involved in the league cup have had problems and are still having problems registering players. 

Youth level is even worse.  Word is they are also  going to be introducing a signing fee for each player and anyone registered as a coach . So much for trying to promote grass roots football. 

No doubt they'll absolutely crucify any team with players not properly registered according to their barely functioning IT system,too

18 hours ago, highlandmac said:

No doubt they'll absolutely crucify any team with players not properly registered according to their barely functioning IT system,too

Yep. Cove the first to be punished . Going by the Cove statement, it looks like their new signing fell victim to the changeover in the SFA systems with some information not transferring. 

But true to form, the SFA blame Cove.