What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

On 26/07/2024 at 09:03, theoriginalhedge said:

The SFA introducing a shambolic registration system 3 weeks before the start of the league cup group games. I think almost every club involved in the league cup have had problems and are still having problems registering players. 

Youth level is even worse.  Word is they are also  going to be introducing a signing fee for each player and anyone registered as a coach . So much for trying to promote grass roots football. 

On 26/07/2024 at 14:27, highlandmac said:

No doubt they'll absolutely crucify any team with players not properly registered according to their barely functioning IT system,too

On 27/07/2024 at 08:39, theoriginalhedge said:

Yep. Cove the first to be punished . Going by the Cove statement, it looks like their new signing fell victim to the changeover in the SFA systems with some information not transferring. 

But true to form, the SFA blame Cove.  

Bans from last season apparently omitted... so clubs must remember, or phone/email to check (and hope to get through/get response in time - especially if doing so late in the week). Especially risky when players moving clubs.

Thornton Hibs gaffer Craig Gilbert hits out at 'nightmare' new computerised SFA administration system (fifetoday.co.uk)

Due to registration backlog EOSL increased trialists limit to 8 for opening week.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Bans from last season apparently omitted... so clubs must remember, or phone/email to check (and hope to get through/get response in time - especially if doing so late in the week). Especially risky when players moving clubs.

Thornton Hibs gaffer Craig Gilbert hits out at 'nightmare' new computerised SFA administration system (fifetoday.co.uk)

Due to registration backlog EOSL increased trialists limit to 8 for opening week.

Right on cue this afternoon:

Partick Thistle went to sub on a striker with 5 minutes left vs Motherwell today. They were told he couldn’t come on as he wasn’t listed on the team sheet. It turns out the team line was screenshoted on an app and the bottom name was cut off.

image.png.42f09603316936091fe87c64f6ee5a3b.png

31 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Radio saying Partick Thistle tried to make a sub but the fourth official wouldn't allow it despite the sub being on the team lines, he hadn't noted that fact.

Fucking hell. :lol:

27 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Doolan raging about that now 😆

Considering he had to play Chalmers through the middle he had a point.

24 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Incredibly tinpot that they’ve missed a Partick Thistle player on the submitted team sheet. Dearie me.

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ironically the potential for this to happen was highlighted to the SPFL on Thursday in a club secretary meeting at Hampden where it was pointed out that if a club names a full compliment of 9 subs, the 9th is printed on a 2nd page on the Comet report as a result of the lines of garbage the Comet system spits out before it prints the teams.

It physically cannot have only missed Thistle's 9th sub though. If both teams had 9 subs then both teams will have had the 9th one on page 2. Doolan said Motherwell had nine subs listed and Thistle had eight. That isn't possible, I assume he's incorrect about Motherwell.

To be fair, as user unfriendly as the Comet reporting system is, the error here is by the refereeing team if they've not looked at page two of the damned report, not by either team or even the SPFL.

Edited by HibeeJibee

14 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Right on cue this afternoon:

Partick Thistle went to sub on a striker with 5 minutes left vs Motherwell today. They were told he couldn’t come on as he wasn’t listed on the team sheet. It turns out the team line was screenshoted on an app and the bottom name was cut off.

image.png.42f09603316936091fe87c64f6ee5a3b.png

Are the SFA trying to kill Scottish football altogether ?  Honestly , I think the lunatics have taken over the asylum. 

10 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Are the SFA trying to kill Scottish football altogether ?  Honestly , I think the lunatics have taken over the asylum. 

Club update – 29th July 2024 | Partick Thistle FC (ptfc.co.uk)

... ...
Concurrently, when both teams confirm their matchday squads, an automated email from the Scottish FA is sent to both clubs and match officials with a PDF copy of a teamsheet, which spreads over two pages and lists the ninth substitute on the second page. In our case this is Ricco Diack, in Motherwell’s case this is number 29, Mark Ferrie.

During the course of the game, Kris Doolan attempted to put substitute Ricco Diack onto the field of play. The Fourth Official informed the Partick Thistle technical area that Ricco was not a listed substitute, when in fact he was. Our manager was forced to change his substitute as the fourth official would not allow Ricco to enter the field of play.

On the 84th minute, after when we had intended to substitute Ricco Diack into the game, Motherwell substituted Mark Ferrie, listed on the automated PDF at the exact same text line on the automated team sheet, into the match.

Following the conclusion of the game, members of our team staff, including Kris Doolan and Paul McDonald approached the match officials calmly seeking clarification around the situation. The introduction of the COMET system has been a testing time for clubs across the country so we could sympathise with the match officials if they had been affected by a similar issue from the change in technology in the Scottish game. The Fourth Official confirmed he had used a screenshot from the automated PDF as a reference for teamlines and also admitted that he had noted Motherwell’s ninth substitute in his notepad. We find it impossible to believe that a screenshot can contain Motherwell’s ninth substitute and not ours with both players listed on the exact same text line.
... ...

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bbmgyyaa4si14k84zozy

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Club update – 29th July 2024 | Partick Thistle FC (ptfc.co.uk)

... ...
Concurrently, when both teams confirm their matchday squads, an automated email from the Scottish FA is sent to both clubs and match officials with a PDF copy of a teamsheet, which spreads over two pages and lists the ninth substitute on the second page. In our case this is Ricco Diack, in Motherwell’s case this is number 29, Mark Ferrie.

During the course of the game, Kris Doolan attempted to put substitute Ricco Diack onto the field of play. The Fourth Official informed the Partick Thistle technical area that Ricco was not a listed substitute, when in fact he was. Our manager was forced to change his substitute as the fourth official would not allow Ricco to enter the field of play.

On the 84th minute, after when we had intended to substitute Ricco Diack into the game, Motherwell substituted Mark Ferrie, listed on the automated PDF at the exact same text line on the automated team sheet, into the match.

Following the conclusion of the game, members of our team staff, including Kris Doolan and Paul McDonald approached the match officials calmly seeking clarification around the situation. The introduction of the COMET system has been a testing time for clubs across the country so we could sympathise with the match officials if they had been affected by a similar issue from the change in technology in the Scottish game. The Fourth Official confirmed he had used a screenshot from the automated PDF as a reference for teamlines and also admitted that he had noted Motherwell’s ninth substitute in his notepad. We find it impossible to believe that a screenshot can contain Motherwell’s ninth substitute and not ours with both players listed on the exact same text line.
... ...

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bbmgyyaa4si14k84zozy

Beyond belief

One that has come more and more prominent in recent years - bag policies in grounds. My English team Blackburn Rovers have a friendly away at Stockport tomorrow, and Rovers have issued a statement specifying a list of what can and cannot be brought into the ground, and in what permitted receptacles. Bags larger than A4 forbidden, even if they can be compressed into those dimensions. Bag gauge on hand if needed. No food or drink at all. All this for an after work friendly ffs. (Conversely, had Rovers been hosts, no limit on standard rucksack size, and bring whatever food you want...)

I remember I was in Edinburgh a few summers ago and had a look at a pre season friendly at Easter Road. Blanket no bag policy in place (still?), and the cost of dumping it in a locker in town for three hours was more expensive than admission. I declined.

7 minutes ago, southernrover said:

One that has come more and more prominent in recent years - bag policies in grounds. My English team Blackburn Rovers have a friendly away at Stockport tomorrow, and Rovers have issued a statement specifying a list of what can and cannot be brought into the ground, and in what permitted receptacles. Bags larger than A4 forbidden, even if they can be compressed into those dimensions. Bag gauge on hand if needed. No food or drink at all. All this for an after work friendly ffs. (Conversely, had Rovers been hosts, no limit on standard rucksack size, and bring whatever food you want...)

I remember I was in Edinburgh a few summers ago and had a look at a pre season friendly at Easter Road. Blanket no bag policy in place (still?), and the cost of dumping it in a locker in town for three hours was more expensive than admission. I declined.

Blame the wee bams with their pyros. 

13 hours ago, velo army said:

Blame the wee bams with their pyros. 

More the big bams that used slightly bigger explosives in Manchester.

It's been a fairly standard requirement for gigs since then, it's not too much a surprise that some  football grounds have copied it.

Not like policies of this kind would actually stop terrorist attacks but it's seen to be doing something

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Any mention of ‘shithousery’ makes my toes curl. Something about the word that just makes me tense up.

I once heard Chris Sutton shorten it to "housery" and use it repeatedly. That was much worse 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Any mention of ‘shithousery’ makes my toes curl. Something about the word that just makes me tense up.

I see someone else has listened to the latest episode of Football Weekly (and if you haven't, don't listen to the section on Newcastle-Southampton)

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I see someone else has listened to the latest episode of Football Weekly (and if you haven't, don't listen to the section on Newcastle-Southampton)

Haha, I did wonder if anybody would pick up on what the trigger for that post might have been. Listened this morning and just couldn’t bear it anymore.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Along with calling someone a 'shithouse'.  It appears to be a northern Nigel thing. I don't even know what a shithouse is.  One of those old outside toilets people had about 4000 years ago?

I class it along with 'cockwomble' as possibly the worst insults ever conceived. 

Edited by TheScarf

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Along with calling someone a 'shithouse'.  It appears to be a northern Nigel thing. I don't even know what a shitohouse is.  One of those old outside toilets people had about 4000 years ago?

I class it along with 'cockwomble' as possibly the worst insult ever conceived. 

I am a bit more forgiving when I hear ‘shithouse(ry)’ in a northern twang, for some reason. It’s still bad, but it is at its most insufferable when said by a middle-class southerner. Probably my own prejudice.

It is second only, for my money, to hearing folk with strong southern English accents say “yer da”, which always makes me cringe and laugh in almost equal measure. Just sounds utterly farcical. 

Just now, DrewDon said:

I am a bit more forgiving when I hear ‘shithouse(ry)’ in a northern twang, for some reason. It’s still bad, but it is at its most insufferable when said by a middle-class southerner. Probably my own prejudice.

It is second only, for my money, to hearing folk with strong southern English accents say “yer da”, which always makes me cringe and laugh in almost equal measure. Just sounds utterly farcical. 

I've seen 'ye da' on Twitter several times from Nigels and I nearly paralyse myself cringing every time.  Stick to the Morris Dancing and being racist, lads.

On 20/08/2024 at 13:35, TheScarf said:

Along with calling someone a 'shithouse'.  It appears to be a northern Nigel thing. I don't even know what a shithouse is.  One of those old outside toilets people had about 4000 years ago?

I class it along with 'cockwomble' as possibly the worst insults ever conceived. 

Nah, shithouse is a totally separate beast from your "cockwombles" and your "wankmuffins" of this world.

The latter is 1000x worse (and a LOT more middle-class).

Steve_Wilkos of Stockton-on-Tees.

Folk on Twitter replying to the official club account's line up announcement, particularly about why a certain player has been dropped or is missing, as if the admin is going to respond to them all individually or go and disrupt the manager's pre-match activities to seek the rationale. 

I dunno if it's bots or whatever but social media seems to be like 90% inane, barely relevant commentary. Like you see a Facebook post about something really specific in a TV show or that and someone takes the time to post a comment that just says "best show 💪" or some shite

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dunno if it's bots or whatever but social media seems to be like 90% inane, barely relevant commentary. Like you see a Facebook post about something really specific in a TV show or that and someone takes the time to post a comment that just says "best show 💪" or some shite

You and @throbber are like peas in a pod.