3 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

1/3 of clubs not satisfied with the board (Doncaster)

don’t think we’re any further forward clubs becoming entrenched 

Scottish Football brain dead 🧠

Its still only the losers that are really complaining.The other yes voters maybe actually do support the SPFL but just want it dont properly.

Its as much over as it can be for now.

Full SPFL statement:

SPFL clubs have voted to reject a resolution by Hearts, Rangers and Stranraer to hold an independent inquiry into last month’s directors written resolution.

The resolution today required at least 75% of votes in each of the three voting sections (Ladbrokes Premiership / Championship / League 1 & 2) to succeed. However, less than one third of all clubs voted in favour.

All 42 clubs cast their ballots, with 13 in favour, 27 against and two abstentions.

In the Ladbrokes Premiership, where nine clubs would have been required to vote in favour, a total of four clubs (33%) supported the resolution, with eight clubs (67%) opposing it.

In the Ladbrokes Championship, where eight clubs would have been required to vote in favour, a total of one club (10%) supported the resolution, with nine clubs (90%) opposing it.

In Ladbrokes Leagues One and Two, where 15 clubs would have been required to vote in favour, a total of eight clubs (40%) supported the resolution, with ten clubs (50%) opposing it and two clubs (10%) abstaining.

Speaking shortly after today’s EGM, which was held via video conference with clubs casting their ballots electronically, SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan urged all clubs to respect the democratic process and unite behind efforts to restart football as soon as could be done safely.

He said: “The last few weeks have been bruising ones for many people in our game. Far too many words have been spoken and written which have sown anger and division amongst clubs. That is a matter of the deepest regret to very many people in our game, myself included.

“I know those who proposed this resolution will be disappointed, but I trust that everyone involved, on both sides of this argument, will now respect the clear, democratic and decisive result we have seen today and allow our game to move forward together. The overwhelming majority of clubs voted to oppose this resolution and it’s now incumbent on all clubs to put their differences aside, otherwise we will all suffer together.

“I have taken careful note of the concerns expressed by the minority of clubs which voted in favour and when we are back to playing football in a safe environment, I will bring clubs together to discuss the lessons learned.

“Every single one of us understands that the Covid-19 pandemic has brought huge challenges for our game, which we must overcome soon if we are to save all 42 clubs and restart the sport we all love.

“That is a daunting prospect in its own right – one of the gravest our sport has faced and it’s no exaggeration to say that it threatens the very existence of many of the SPFL’s clubs if we get it wrong.

“If Scottish football is to survive this, we simply must unite and use the enormous talents, resources and creativity at our collective disposal to rescue our game.

“Time is short. In reality, we must do everything humanly possible to get games back up and running by the end of July.

“We simply cannot afford the distraction of further infighting or legal challenges.

“I’m sure we can all agree that the quicker we get back to playing football, the better.”

9 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

So 13 clubs are?

Rangers- motive unknown
ICT- we must be promoted
Hearts- we can’t be relegated
Stranraer- we can’t be relegated
Partick- we can’t be relegated
Livingston- we need Hearts and Rangers fans
Aberdeen- to stop the schism
Stenhousemuir- to stop the schism

That’s 8 of the 13. None of whom have a valid reason. Who are the other 5?

Falkirk for definite but don't know the other 4

Just now, Speroni*1 said:

“I know those who proposed this resolution will be disappointed, but I trust that everyone involved, on both sides of this argument, will now respect the clear, democratic and decisive result we have seen today and allow our game to move forward together. The overwhelming majority of clubs voted to oppose this resolution and it’s now incumbent on all clubs to put their differences aside, otherwise we will all suffer together.

Lol. Imagining the smugness he felt about staying this.

Just now, Aim Here said:

In that case, won't the 1 Champ vote be Hearts?

Premiership hasn't finished officially (if I'm not just being whooshed). So Hearts haven't been relegated?

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

This is the only bit I've got a problem with, season tickets not going well?
Something has to give, what is more important to clubs?

St Johnstone arent selling season tickets until the state of play next season is clarified.

I've no idea why you're trying to drive some bizarre narrative St Johnstone are choosing the TV deal over fans when fans might not even be allowed to go to Saints games next season.

Just now, The Real Saints said:

No, the Premiership hasn't been officially confirmed as finished yet.

Just now, parsforlife said:

Premiership season hasn’t officially ended so hearts still there.

Just now, GiGi said:

Premiership hasn't finished officially (if I'm not just being whooshed). So Hearts haven't been relegated?

So, just to confirm:

13 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

So 13 clubs are?

Rangers- motive unknown
ICT- we must be promoted
Hearts- we can’t be relegated
Stranraer- we can’t be relegated
Partick- we can’t be relegated
Livingston- we need Hearts and Rangers fans
Aberdeen- to stop the schism
Stenhousemuir- to stop the schism

That’s 8 of the 13. None of whom have a valid reason. Who are the other 5?

Rangers motive is pretty clear

26 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Motion defeated . 13 For 27 against and 2 abstentions 

Yeah, but when are we having an independent investigation into the vote on the independent investigation?  There should probably be a vote on it.

Well at least that's explained now. Per the Record:

IMG_20200512_153938.jpg.ce202d7b6c95d00e0893f265618c5ec9.jpg

You would have to assume United voted as a Championship side then, even though they've been declared champions, as they've not been formally promoted yet.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee