Growing A Beard

3 hours ago, Raidernation said:

After 55 years I finally gave in (didn’t shave when I did my 28 days rehab and just tidied it up afterwards) this is what I have

That's nae a beard. That's bumfluff. 

16 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I’ve not shaved since lockdown started. Will let it grow and see what mess I can create. I’ll get it fixed professionally before going back to work, whenever that may be.

48CFBCDD-B890-43B6-8480-C8EBC739D587.jpeg

I thought you said in a prior post that you had a beard anyway?

16 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I’ve not shaved since lockdown started. Will let it grow and see what mess I can create. I’ll get it fixed professionally before going back to work, whenever that may be.

Mrs mathematics must be pleased about you morphing into Charles Manson. Right up her street.

I started the lockdown beard - I'd never persisted in doing it past that itchy stage before, but it's coming on leaps and bounds now.

Given that I've already got hair down to my arse anyway, it's giving me an ageing Viking look which I can live with, although as time passes I'm beginning to notice an alarming resemblance to Marco Hietala from the band Nightwish.

Picture of Marco Hietala

I had a beard for many years. It came off when trendy types started "wearing" them just in case i got wrongly judged as a hipster. Now and then i run into someone i met when i had a beard and they won't recognise me clean shaven. That didn't happen the other way round when i grew the beard. 

8 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

Beards are nothing but PPE for ugliness.

As a beard wearer, I could not agree more. I've always had bad skin and feel really self-conscious when folk can see it. Feel much more confident with a beard. I never have a wet shave, most I do is trim it so that it looks like it has a few days' worth of stubble.

55 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Now, I'm not saying you personally are someone who should be avoided at all costs but that is the epitome of the facial hair sported by numerous offenders that all meet in the DANGER centre of a Venn diagram. 

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Got to agree with Dele, that’s a shocker. Unfortunate in that you don’t grow much at the sides (unless you’re bizarrely trimming there?) but that needs whipped off.

14 minutes ago, Dele said:

Now, I'm not saying you personally are someone who should be avoided at all costs but that is the epitome of the facial hair sported by numerous offenders that all meet in the DANGER centre of a Venn diagram. 

That’s the plan.

11 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Got to agree with Dele, that’s a shocker. Unfortunate in that you don’t grow much at the sides (unless you’re bizarrely trimming there?) but that needs whipped off.

I was just up out of bed, the sides had all flattened. No trimming till lockdown is lifted.

Heres mine. Colour scheme unfortunately starting to show too many winters but I shall be retaining this until I have shaved my head, and had a chance to see if a barber can turn it into something that looks decent. 20200516_104147.jpeg