The Dundee United Thread 22/23

No skin in the game really but hoping killie do a job on Dundee United the morra. I don't have any dislike of Dundee Utd as a club and always preferred them to Dundee. For me it's a battle of the managers - I always liked McInnes and just cannot warm to Cantwin.

20 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

No skin in the game really but hoping killie do a job on Dundee United the morra. I don't have any dislike of Dundee Utd as a club and always preferred them to Dundee. For me it's a battle of the managers - I always liked McInnes and just cannot warm to Cantwin.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter 

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

It's hardly beyond the realms of possibility that we beat a Kilmarnock team at home that are as equally shit as we are.

Not saying we will, but... 🤷‍♂️

No idea what will happen elsewhere, but a playoff against Partick would at least be interesting.

It doesn't look like the tickets are flying off the shelves like they did for the County game so a bit of defeatism certainly creeping in.

History would suggest this is not a bad thing. Fed up seeing Utd fans out in big numbers and being let down (arguably on this occasion we may be out in smaller numbers and get let down)

2 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

Wins for us and St J would see us avoid 12th, which seems mental.

How does that work? If what you say happens, then on Sunday United lose to Motherwell and Killie and Ross County draw, United would be relegated and County in the play offs. 

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

How does that work? If what you say happens, then on Sunday United lose to Motherwell and Killie and Ross County draw, United would be relegated and County in the play offs. 

You're correct...I came up with that on Sunday, while hungover. 

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

All perms require us to actually win a game and despite the fact I couldn't have hand picked a better set of post split fixtures I don't think our squad of pea-hearted wage thieves, Hall of Fame level jobbers and children will manage that.

Can't quite work out what's more in character for this gaggle - win against Kilmarnock to prolong lingering hope for a few more days before a final day clusterfuck at Fir Park, or one more defensive masterclass at home that finally confirms death. Probably the latter with an almost comically toxic atmosphere.

4 hours ago, 2426255 said:

don't have any dislike of Dundee Utd as a club and always preferred them to Dundee. 

Disgusting.

4 hours ago, 2426255 said:

I always liked McInnes and just cannot warm to Cantwin.

Unforgivable 

1 hour ago, Gibby82 said:

Can't quite work out what's more in character for this gaggle - win against Kilmarnock to prolong lingering hope for a few more days before a final day clusterfuck at Fir Park, or one more defensive masterclass at home that finally confirms death. Probably the latter with an almost comically toxic atmosphere.

I'd rather go straight down rather than suffer the indignity of watching us lose 5-1 to Thistle 

Time for a massive rethink at Tannadice I reckon.  May I suggest you start by getting rid of Bubblegum Pop like Beautiful Sunday, country music like Country Roads and Disco like Love Is In The Air.  

Why not try some Dance and some Rock like the songs below?

With regards to improving the team’s performances for next season?  That’s easy - just get Ogren to sink another £12M into the club.

I’m simply being a good neighbour so there is no need to thank me for the free advice, instead allow me to thank you for the season of fun you have provided.

Goodnight and thank you!

IMG_2538.jpeg

IMG_2537.jpeg

The worst part about it is, now we're down (we are) you can have every faith that those in charge will make the worst possible choices going into next season.

There's so much deadwood on and off the park that need to be punted.

We need to identify a new manager or head coach + DoF quickly and give them time to identify the (very) few players we want to keep and get to work on a rebuild.

Will we? Probably not.