The Dundee United Thread 22/23

3 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Just for fun, had a wee google - Mellon has Tranmere 2nd in the league 🙄

He must be playing shite, defensive, negative garbage football while holding back a talented plucky squad just waiting to storm the league with a young dynamic Analyst in charge.

9 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Watt certainly is able to play left with 3 up top - McNulty for all he is played on the right, not so much. Problem is we only have one real wide player and he came on as a wing-back, so... 🤷‍♂️

Honestly though, does anyone seen any improvement on the fitba Mellon had us playing?

Only difference from last year is in defence. Getting rid of Connolly and Reynolds has cut out the comedy own goals, defensive howlers and needless penalties. In possession and going forward, its turgid.

90 minutes against the worst defence in the league and their keeper doesn't have to make a save.

Just now, Arabdownunder said:

Only difference from last year is in defence. Getting rid of Connolly and Reynolds has cut out the comedy own goals, defensive howlers and needless penalties. In possession and going forward, its turgid.

90 minutes against the worst defence in the league and their keeper doesn't have to make a save.

Couldn’t agree more. I was on the Connolly and Reynolds are shite bandwagon from the very start so Mulgrew was a key signing. Midfield forward is the problem.

I put this in the big relegation thread, but worth repeating here. I still have the absolute fear that we could get dragged into the shit. We were pretty poor last night, and have been for a while.

If St Johnstone beat us on Saturday, we are in serious trouble. Oddly though, if we win, I’d say we are probably only one win away from being over the safety line.

It’s fucking mental

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I put this in the big relegation thread, but worth repeating here. I still have the absolute fear that we could get dragged into the shit. We were pretty poor last night, and have been for a while.

If St Johnstone beat us on Saturday, we are in serious trouble. Oddly though, if we win, I’d say we are probably only one win away from being over the safety line.

It’s fucking mental

We probably won't go down but it has the potential to get a little messy. 

Can you imagine a Utd v Arbroath game next season (in the top league of course) and the post match interview comparison between Courts and Campbell. 

Lol.

50 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It’s fucking mental

I've got the absolute dread about Saturday. 

The game against them can literally make or break Uniteds season in my mind now. 

We need to take 6 points from St Johnstone and Motherwell at the start of the month. Home to The Rangers and then up to Aberdeen, current form can't see us getting much out of the last 2 matches. 

Edited by ArabianKnight

55 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Is the current shite any better?

Fair enough if you think so, but it's just as eye bleeding to me.

At least under Mellon you knew what the plan was - even if you didn't like it.  I've no idea what Courts' game plan is - it is not discernible from watching, albeit it is similarly painful on the eyes.

21 minutes ago, Finn Seemann said:

At least under Mellon you knew what the plan was - even if you didn't like it.  I've no idea what Courts' game plan is - it is not discernible from watching, albeit it is similarly painful on the eyes.

Mellon, on multiple occasions, said his style of play was attacking, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Courts looks like a failure, but let's not like act like Mellon, a man so incompetent the players had to tear down the tactical plan and redo it themselves for one of the games last season, was any better.

42 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Mellon, on multiple occasions, said his style of play was attacking, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Courts looks like a failure, but let's not like act like Mellon, a man so incompetent the players had to tear down the tactical plan and redo it themselves for one of the games last season, was any better.

Agreed he might have said attacking, but what he was doing was plain for all to see. 

If the players are watching I'd suggest that they 'tear down the tactical plan' again and pronto...

9 minutes ago, Finn Seemann said:

Agreed he might have said attacking, but what he was doing was plain for all to see. 

If the players are watching I'd suggest that they 'tear down the tactical plan' again and pronto...

Yeah, he tried to go an entire season shitfesting every single game and cared not a jot that the entertainment on offer was less than non-existent. A team full of defenders and forwards and a tactical plan which involved everyone running about as much as possible in the vain hope that at some point someone would deflect a loose ball into the net. The absolute worst football I have ever witnessed from any team, including Hamilton and St Johnstone. A fucking abomination.

Courts' team are at least trying to pass the ball, albeit not particularly successfully at present.