Do you ever stop to think...

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I didn't pay much attention at the time, but I seem to remember that Kilt got hounded on here as well.

And there was that horrible incident which Div had to deal with but don't think that was a regular poster.

Aye Kilt was a regular when I first joined; I think he used to go on about ‘the clique’.

He seemed to make a mistake that many on social media make about sharing too much personal information and folk used that.

That said, I despair of things like Facebook where folk seem happy to share the most intimate details of their lives without even hiding behind an anonymous avatar.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He seemed to make a mistake that many on social media make about sharing too much personal information and folk used that.

Aye, the personal information like he searched flight manifests to see what ones people he met on the Internet were on so he could swoon them with maltesers and flowers. 

Crackpot. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Aye, the personal information like he searched flight manifests to see what ones people he met on the Internet were on so he could swoon them with maltesers and flowers. 

Crackpot. 

That is genuine stalker cum killer behaviour. Not even joking. 

35 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Crackpot. 

Ahhhhhhh what a lovely thing to do, so sweet of him 😳

Kilt behaved pretty strangely on here it's true.  I think a lot of that is generational, he was a bit older and didn't quite get the accepted ways of acting on the internet.  However, he didn't do himself many favours with some of the stuff he did.

I hope I'm not breaking any confidences here but a poster who was very prominent at the time once told me that the thing that nixed it for Kilt was that he went through a period of posting loads abouthis divorce and pining for his (soon to be ex) wife and how he was making an effort with it but at the same time came to the Fives and other meet ups and behaved in a way that was distrinctly unmarried fashion.  People saw this and got a bit pissed off with it and thus started the Kilt wars.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Has there ever been genuine bullying on here.  Weeper Dee got a hard time because of his post about his old man and Grimbo got hounded.  These could arguably be classed as such I suppose.

Some folk on here have said the coloured circles are bullying 

On 26/05/2020 at 18:17, DA Baracus said:

...how you behave on here affects others?

Some folk might be having a tough time, and of course you don't know (how could you?), but does anyone ever think that perhaps they've been a bit of a tosser, even if you haven't upset anyone?

Not on here (that i am aware of) but sometimes in real life i can be a bit harsh on folk without realising the effect it’s having on them. 

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I didn't pay much attention at the time, but I seem to remember that Kilt got hounded on here as well.

And there was that horrible incident which Div had to deal with but don't think that was a regular poster.

Kilt was becoming a less frequent a poster when i joined and then changed his name to An Siannach or something and eventually disappeared. He did exhibit some monumentally OFTW behaviour towards the female posters on here. His later pattern of posting would basically involve him doing something mentally creepy, getting pulled up for it, then having a full on meltdown then rinse/repeat. I think it would be reasonable to describe him as pretty eccentric. 

Most of the more spectacular houndings on here have been well-merited. Indeed i can't think of anyone more deserving than Grimbo, whose constant attention-seeking made Misc football even worse than the Supras-HB days. Basically a Man City version of the god-awful Rab. Also WaffenThinmint - genuinely the creepiest and angriest poster in all of P&B history. He would literally treat even the most minor slight as if you'd shat in his cornflakes. An utterly mental case, but a fun one because he was so easy to set off. 

On the other side of the coin, i felt the WeeperDee stuff with his Dad was a bit OTT. 

I think the biggest thing P&B has changed my opinion on, is how I view other teams, mainly down to the behaviour of their fans on here It might just be one or two bad apples, but beating them and being able to come on here and giving them the 'GIRFUY' treatment, adds a bit more meaning to a game I guess.

So I would like to think that the same thing would happen to an opposition fan, going by comments made by me on here. I don't think anything I have said has seriously affected anyone's mental state (I sincerely hope not) but if it has added a bit more meaning to a game for someone to get a 1up, then that's great.

On 26/05/2020 at 19:47, MixuFruit said:

If I get green dots I'll say anything to anyone

Racist bigot.

On 26/05/2020 at 19:54, 101 said:

If I was to choose any poster to be pilling up on me (not euph) it would be you.

You factored in height, but you’ve given no consideration to width. Schoolboy error. He’s like a garage door. 

On 26/05/2020 at 20:05, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Mystifying post from Oaksoft, there. Clearly not read the thread, but feels bullied regardless.

You’re mystifying. 

On 26/05/2020 at 20:17, ICTChris said:

The internet has always been a strange method of communicating and you find big differences between how people are on here to how they are in real life.

When I was a teenager in the late 90s I used to use chatrooms to talk about music to other people across the U.K. eventually quite a few of us who used a specific room ended up meeting up. They were based in England and I happened to be in roughly the right part of the country so went to the pub to meet them. There was one guy who came and in the room he was a bit cutting, scornful and nasty. He was changeable though and could be alright, people put it down to him being a bit arrogant and a lot of people liked him. When I met him he was just a completely bland person, not even the stereotypical “fat Barry from Slough” type troll, he was a human blamange. Total nothingness. It was disappointing that all the bullshit he came out with was just that, bullshit.

This was in the early days of the internet and we’ve seen this affect multiplied across a huge slice of the population now. We also live in a society where expressing emotions and “being your true self” is seen as the highest thing you can do, I think this leads to people trying to show off and build a character for themselves, as well as contributing to people sending others terrible abuse online.

Underneath it all though, it’s just words on a screen. They can’t hurt you. Ignoring it is easy.

That’s far, FAR too fucking long man. Sakes...

I like to think I’m always considerate of people’s feelings but most folk need to get a grip.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think the biggest thing P&B has changed my opinion on, is how I view other teams, mainly down to the behaviour of their fans on here It might just be one or two bad apples, but beating them and being able to come on here and giving them the 'GIRFUY' treatment, adds a bit more meaning to a game I guess.

So I would like to think that the same thing would happen to an opposition fan, going by comments made by me on here. I don't think anything I have said has seriously affected anyone's mental state (I sincerely hope not) but if it has added a bit more meaning to a game for someone to get a 1up, then that's great.

I now associate Morton with ainsley Harriot and vice versa.

30 minutes ago, Disabled Colin said:

The best thing about forums is they're an even playing field and posters can't judge you for your illnesses or afflictions.   

You clearly haven't ventured into the Old Firm or Junior forums.....

12 minutes ago, Disabled Colin said:

I don't support either just my team (Alloa) and the national team (Scotland).   Do you like football?  Where is Ehime?  Guessing Irleland?  

I used to, not so much these days.

Ehime is in Japan btw.

27 minutes ago, Disabled Colin said:

I watched the James May programme from the north Island Hokkaido and the locals played a game that essentially was professional snowball fighting.  Was fun to watch but my wheelchair's terrible in the snow!  

Campaign for the away tie to be played at Perth ice rink with Eve Muirhead as your ball prepper (so to speak).  Then gie them laldy  😉

28 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I think there’s plenty of posters who hide behind their abhorrent opinions by playing the victim. 

I wouldn’t be nice to Tories, racists or homophobes in real life, so I don’t feel guilty having a go on here.

I read a post from a prominent ‘victim card,’ calling Diane Abbott an extremist recently. I can easily justify calling them a c**t for that for instance, it’s moronic. 

There has been occasion where I sometimes think I’ve maybe been a bit harsh  but then they invariably post something ridiculous, or I remember the time they assaulted a homeless person in front of their young child and I feel vindicated. 

I just can’t tolerate idiots. 

You probably are friends with some of the above in real life.