George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

29 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

So not a single post?  Fair enough, I’ll leave it there.

It's probably best you did. You seem intent on derailing a thread because your post was awarded a red dot. 

31 minutes ago, bennett said:

Control and contain the situation,  a full blown  riot, a lot of confusion.... not helped by the screeching hysterical journalist. I'm guessing that they were released a few minutes later once everything  checked out?

Going by the size and shape of a few of those officers, I'm guessing a few of them are usually desk bound.

Oh, well that makes it all okay then. If only you were doing the White House briefings this would all have calmed down in a jiffy.

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Oh, well that makes it all okay then. If only you were doing the White House briefings this would all have calmed down in a jiffy.

Some cheap point scoring,  lovely. 

36 minutes ago, Gerald Elbowdent said:

Is this bennet guy from the last few pages always so desperate to play the edgy troll for attention? Worth using the ignore poster function on him?

Yes.

Also, yes.

I see the right wing lot have started bringing up Lee Rigby and that awful Emily Jones case in some sort of whatabouterry/equivilence argument. Not just a small amount of folk making these arguments either, It's reinforcing that there are a dangerous amount of utter, utter thickos about. I'm not even sure why they feel they have to be opposed to the BLM movement, they've chosen to see it as more soft lefty virtue signalling and i don't really get it.  Probably comes from right wing shock jock opinion leaders feeling they have to be opposed to everything to keep themselves relevant, which then makes their followers adopt the same viewpoints. 

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

I see the right wing lot have started bringing up Lee Rigby and that awful Emily Jones case in some sort of whatabouterry/equivilence argument. Not just a small amount of folk making these arguments either, It's reinforcing that there are a dangerous amount of utter, utter thickos about. I'm not even sure why they feel they have to be opposed to the BLM movement, they've chosen to see it as more soft lefty virtue signalling and i don't really get it.  Probably comes from right wing shock jock opinion leaders feeling they have to be opposed to everything to keep themselves relevant, which then makes their followers adopt the same viewpoints. 

Actual head-in-hands moment when I realised there are people going around who think that the point of Black Lives Matter is that black people's lives are more valuable than the lives of white people.

I don't know how you can end up with such a complete lack of comprehension skills and still function in everyday life.

4 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

It's simpler than that I think

Aye right enough. It's the same with the Lee Rigby thing. Terrorism is quite clearly already illegal, and his killers were given life in prison, so when you ask these folk what exactly it is they would be protesting it quickly becomes apparent what they actually mean. 

9 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Was he our of breath after jumping on the most recent bandwagon?

Given the fact he was a black man in Edinburgh, I’m not sure we could accuse him of jumping on the bandwagon when it comes to such matters. It was a pretty big sign though so you’re probably partly correct. 

Not surprised Yer Da is throwing out lazy comparisons with Lee Rigby, it's also pride month so he's clearly overstreched fighting battles on two fronts.

Pride is my absolute favourite event for outing bigots. Some of the qualifications folk offer up for it being alright to be a homosexual are fucking amazing. A true window into the mind of the wrong un

ETA You can reply to this however you want just dinnae dae it in ma face pal awright

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:
Not surprised Yer Da is throwing out lazy comparisons with Lee Rigby, it's also pride month so he's clearly overstreched fighting battles on two fronts.

Pride is my absolute favourite event for outing bigots. Some of the qualifications folk offer up for it being alright to be a homosexual are fucking amazing. A true window into the mind of the wrong un

*adds union jack avatar to profile

When's straight pride month then ?

1 hour ago, Fratelli said:

It's because they are racist.