George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

IMG_3959.thumb.jpg.fab61ed5d37d31c0ae302823c70d87fb.jpg

This thick janitor boomer, who has started a ‘virtual bar’ on Facebook and amassed 50,000+ followers so far, has clearly let the fifteen minutes of fame go to his head.
Check the state of the page in the last hour or so [emoji23]

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

This countries obsession with all things USA never ceases to amaze me.

Racist police murders and brutality in South America, Africa, Asia - which happen on a daily basis - doesn’t make the news and there’s no outrage.

Police brutality in USA and it’s all over the British news and everyone here is up in arms. Why? Is it more tragic if it happens in America than these other foreign places?

The same reason more people care about terrorist attacks in Europe than similar attacks in the Middle East or Asia or wherever - it's far easier to relate to and many British people have visited the United States and/or are heavily familiar with it through television etc. 

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I committed nearly 20 years of my life to trying to change things and had very few lasting successes.  I trust those who are politically active now will have more joy.  The alternative is to do nothing.

Hopefully @Mr. Alli will explain why he red dotted this.  (If he’s red dotting me rather than the post fair enough, otherwise I’d really like to hear it).

Racist police murders and brutality in South America, Africa, Asia - which happen on a daily basis - doesn’t make the news and there’s no outrage.

Police brutality in USA and it’s all over the British news and everyone here is up in arms. Why? Is it more tragic if it happens in America than these other foreign places?

Because its pushed in peoples faces via popular news portals, unlike South Africa and other countries which we choose to be blissfully ignorant to.

Just now, Empty It said:
7 minutes ago, Lex said:

Because its pushed in peoples faces via popular news portals, unlike South Africa and other countries which we choose to be blissfully ignorant to.

That’s a big part of it.  Another part is that we expect better from an affluent Western democracy.

33 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

IMG_3959.jpg

This thick janitor boomer, who has started a ‘virtual bar’ on Facebook and amassed 50,000+ followers so far, has clearly let the fifteen minutes of fame go to his head.

The guy is a janny, big deal and no reason to mock.  50,000 followers explains why you're envious.

Not everyone is going to agree  with you, it doesn't make you any better than anyone else.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

The guy is a janny, big deal and no reason to mock.  50,000 followers explains why you're envious.

Not everyone is going to agree  with you, it doesn't make you any better than anyone else.

Is every one of your posts shite?

Every one of your posts is shite.

Edited by Granny Danger

Just now, accies1874 said:

Bennett's performance in this thread really is something else. He's trying to be some kind of harmonious peacekeeper but coming across as a tedious contrarian.

You need to check your predictive text mate.

5 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Don't know about the series? It was famous/infamous recently for having poisonous drinking water.

The stuff about the poisoned drinking water is on Michael Mcintyre’s 11/9 documentary on Netflix maybe that’s what he means.

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

Bennett's performance in this thread really is something else. He's trying to be some kind of harmonious peacekeeper but coming across as a tedious contrarian.

Attacking someone in the hope of getting a few likes from the clique,  doesn't really say much about you as a person. 

It's absolutely criminal what's been allowed to happen to Flint; without meaning to invite GIFs of Robert Lindsay, it should be a real wake-up call about Capitalism, but it doesn't seem to have been. It's an incredibly clear case of the health and lives of American citizens being expendable if it impinges on the right of corporations and politicians to extend their pool of wealth. It's been done elsewhere in the world, but they've now established it's OK to do it at home too.

Any time Barack Obama opens his mouth, there should be people reminding him of the time he went to a town being poisoned by its own water supply and did nothing but crack wise about it for the press.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Is every one of your posts shite?

Every one of your posts is shite.

As long as you don't challenge me to fisticuffs then fair enough, at your age it's best not to get too agitated. 

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Attacking someone in the hope of getting a few likes from the clique,  doesn't really say much about you as a person. 

Considering you've dropped back to constantly lying about this forum and its users bullying you, it's surely about time you fucked off.

The stuff about the poisoned drinking water is on Michael Mcintyre’s 11/9 documentary on Netflix maybe that’s what he means.
That seems like a dark subject for a Michael McIntyre documentary.

His documentaries are usually banter filled road trips with the likes of Romesh for Comic Relief.

Just now, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Considering you've dropped back to constantly lying about this forum and its users bullying you, it's surely about time you fucked off.

No need to be so aggressive, the gang like bullying on here does need to be called out.

Right now a lot of people are struggling day to day, think about it David. 

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

I say, that building is getting jolly close..

p06spcrj.jpg

Edited by Shandon Par

17 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'm not mocking him because he is a janitor. I'm mocking him because he has supposedly banned any political posts, then expressed what many people may deem to be a racist viewpoint, deleted any opposing opinions and hidden the amount of negative reactions. But you just carry on.

Edited by The Real Saints