George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Hopefully @Mr. Alli will explain why he red dotted this.  (If he’s red dotting me rather than the post fair enough, otherwise I’d really like to hear it).

I red dotted it as I've no idea what you did or didn't do in your seat for 20 years but I do know that ever since I have been a member here you've done little else but belittle the people of the city, the people you apparently claim you spent twenty hard years labour trying to help. 

10 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Don't know about the series? It was famous/infamous recently for having poisonous drinking water.

Screenshot_20200602_123727.thumb.jpg.241e02ae453e519aafa5da1c80ba7cfe.jpg

That’s a big part of it.  Another part is that we expect better from an affluent Western democracy.
Surely at this point now nobody expects better from America, nothing that happens there seems to suprise, even electing a egotistical racist with no political history to run their backwards country.

19 minutes ago, Empty It said:
26 minutes ago, Lex said:
This countries obsession with all things USA never ceases to amaze me.

Racist police murders and brutality in South America, Africa, Asia - which happen on a daily basis - doesn’t make the news and there’s no outrage.

Police brutality in USA and it’s all over the British news and everyone here is up in arms. Why? Is it more tragic if it happens in America than these other foreign places?

Because its pushed in peoples faces via popular news portals, unlike South Africa and other countries which we choose to be blissfully ignorant to are full of brown people killing each other so it doesn't really matter.

FTFY

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I red dotted it as I've no idea what you did or didn't do in your seat for 20 years but I do know that ever since I have been a member here you've done little else but belittle the people of the city, the people you apparently claim you spent twenty hard years labour trying to help. 

Maybe you can point to some of these posts.  Any one would do.

Or you can admit you’re talking nonsense.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

No need to be so aggressive, the gang like bullying on here does need to be called out.

Right now a lot of people are struggling day to day, think about it David. 

Yes, you're clearly going through something right now, but I've been here long enough to know when the banhammer's coming, and shitposting for attention on every thread about how terribly bullied you are when somebody picks you up on the passive-aggressive nonsense you enjoy trolling with, is textbook. Posters have done it before, they'll do it again, mods get sick of reading it and will f**k you off in the end. I won't be reading any more of it, regardless.

When it happens, please find something else that you enjoy doing more, for your own health if nothing else.

35 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Brexit will throw into sharp focus the lack of lerts.  That and the problems of attracting workers to the care sector.

I'm mildly optimistic that if the DUP continue to press the line that the current deal is "The best of both worlds" for NI, Brexit may not be the complete disaster it's shaping up to be.

55 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

IMG_3959.jpg

This thick janitor boomer

Definitely not mocking his occupation there. Does mocking his occupation and calling him thick make you feel better about yourself. 

Be a better person and rise above this nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I'm not mocking him because he is a janitor. 

9 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

That seems like a dark subject for a Michael McIntyre documentary.

His documentaries are usually banter filled road trips with the likes of Romesh for Comic Relief.

How embarrassing for me, we were talking about McIntyre in the twitter thread in my defence.

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:
23 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
That’s a big part of it.  Another part is that we expect better from an affluent Western democracy.

Surely at this point now nobody expects better from America, nothing that happens there seems to suprise, even electing a egotistical racist with no political history to run their backwards country.

He was elected by less than 50% of those who voted, that suggests the majority don’t deserve it.  Maybe even some of the minority who were gullible enough to believe him don’t deserve it.

If something similar was happening in, say, Canada or Western Europe I think we would be equally outraged and engaged.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Yes, you're clearly going through something right now, but I've been here long enough to know when the banhammer's coming, and shitposting for attention on every thread about how terribly bullied you are when somebody picks you up on the passive-aggressive nonsense you enjoy trolling with, is textbook. Posters have done it before, they'll do it again, mods get sick of reading it and will f**k you off in the end. I won't be reading any more of it, regardless.When it happens, please find something else that you enjoy doing more, for your own health if nothing else.

Just another example of trying to get likes from the clique, quite sad really from someone of your age. 

Just now, bennett said:

Definitely not mocking his occupation there. Does mocking his occupation and calling him thick make you feel better about yourself. 

Be a better person and rise above this nonsense. 

He's a janitor. It's literally the name of his virtual bar and the primary reason he has become a success story.  It isn't a mockery whatsoever. Being thick and racist though? Not my favourite traits.

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe you can point to some of these posts.  Any one would do.

Or you can admit you’re talking nonsense.

You regularly belittle both schemes and folk in it. You have been pulled up numerous times by a plethora of posters and in fact, you're often referred to as 'the failed councillor' on the forum, in part due to your choice of words about those you are now claiming to have tried oh so very hard to help to no avail. 

If you want to now deny you've ever done it because you're suddenly trying to push a hard working, caring persona then you bash on. The majority of the board have seen your tirades over the years. 

20 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Lee Rigby trending on twitter, three guesses why.

Britain really is full of absolute morons. 

I don’t particularly like this “full of” chat, as if these comments are in the majority. Most people tweeting about LR are explaining exactly why there was no need for mass demonstration after his murder.