Your YouTube guilty pleasures

The train driver’s view of the ride from Bergen to Oslo is a pretty chîlled out watch if you have seven hours to spare. No dialogue apart from the conductor saying « next stop, Kjallstropping » every 45 minutes or so.

Rescue and Restore is amazing , watching the guy sandblasting old rusty toys is very soothing for some reason.

Just One More Watch - Scottish guy in Australia who focuses mainly on affordable watches and some high specced Chinese bargains.

Also recently been watching some Bill Hader era Saturday Night Live

Vinny Vedecci , Steffon and as Lindsay Buckingham in the What Up With That sketches are all worth a look.

Edited by saint dave

2 minutes ago, Duszek said:

The train driver’s view of the ride from Bergen to Oslo is a pretty chîlled out watch if you have seven hours to spare. No dialogue apart from the conductor saying « next stop, Kjallstropping » every 45 minutes or so.

Saving that for the next family Christmas. Reindeer films on BBC4 are good for one time only.

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, Duszek said:

I've done part of that line in real life (between Bergen and Myrdal) and if you ever get the chance it's well worth doing.  The line between Myrdal and Flåm is (I think) the highest in the world and it's spectacular. 

39 minutes ago, Del79 said:

Recently visited a few times

Cinemasins

Distracted nerd movie breakdowns

Rob Gavagan

Hilariocity Reviews

Love Cinemasins and Honest Trailers but don't know if I'd class them as my guilty pleasures.

I'd say a guilty pleasure is videos of things getting crushed by a hydraulic press, could honestly watch them all day.

14 minutes ago, Duszek said:

these are pretty good, but if you want proper a proper "slow travel" experience, navigate across canada using google streetmaps - it'll take you a while (so I'm told by a very dull friend)

One thing I've missed badly since moving away from Inverness is the music/pub scene from the likes of Hootenannys, Johnny Foxes and the Waterfront. Not that there will be much of that going on just now. 

Fortunately I can get a fix from catching up with these guys - great band, great musicians.

3 hours ago, Markka said:

Mines are:

Old gameshows/quiz shows
80s and 90s Finnish punk music
Jim Cornette
70s sitcoms too awful/controversial to be televised nowadays

My brother, who is probably less strange than me, does however watch speedrunning videos. Including folk talking about the history of speedruns and the like.

I also partake in some Jim Cornette

Others are:

Dr Rahim Gonstead Chiropractor

Agadmator's Chess Channel

First We Feast (specifically for the "Hot Ones" interviews

Games Done Quick (for old games I used to play)

Despite never having done a sudoku in my life, I've found myself watching the Youtube channel "Cracking the Cryptic" - where a Sudoku champion completes weird and difficult sudoku live. The best thing about them is him effusing over the puzzles ... "Oh this is gorgeous logic" and so on. 

I cannot believe how gripped I was by that. Fantastic stuff.

The wean will occasionally show me some nonsense like this. Are the youngsters still making those Rekt videos?

Edit: he just caught me posting this and has forgotten that he’s the one who showed me this shit to begin with  😄

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

Abandoned buildings, shopping malls and theme parks are my go to videos.

Sometimes like to waste some time by clicking on the suggested videos, some of which seem to have the most tenuous of links to what you are watching. I can't even remember the route that ended up with me watching BA Robertson last weekend, but that then led me on to this...

14 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Abandoned buildings, shopping malls and theme parks are my go to videos.

Sometimes like to waste some time by clicking on the suggested videos, some of which seem to have the most tenuous of links to what you are watching. I can't even remember the route that ended up with me watching BA Robertson last weekend, but that then led me on to this...

At least after 40 years I know what happened to Maggie.

She ended up in River City looking like Craig and Charlie's long lost big sister