WoSFL Premier Division thread

what do u mean faithful ayrshire fans

lok take the biggest away support considering 

the distances we travel 

for instance yesterday to new cumnock

i could virtually count the home glens fans using my hands + feet

totally outnumbered by lok fans

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

I'm fed up of you lecturing Talbot fans. To compare us to the OF is a step too far.

Personally, I believe positivity should always be applied, especially in the current situation but this is a fans forum and the people who are commenting are Talbot supporters who pay into the club, usually in a variety of ways. If you're unhappy with what they say then don't read it. There is only so many times you can come out with the trope about being entitled. They're worried about the club...THEIR club.

Sorry big man, forgetting my place there. I'll keep my uninformed thoughts to myself on future.  That's me been telt. 🤐🤐

1 hour ago, Wile E Coyote said:

This is a bit of a myth. It is correct a win mathimatically meant we stayed up but the reality was a few other unlikely results had to go against us as well as a defeat for us to be relegated. All the other results went our way anyway so a defeat would not  have relegated us and we actually finished 5th or 6th bottom

Think it was 2003/2004 Tuckers first season, Gavin Friels hatrick away to Maryhill to stay up. 

23 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

This is a bit of a myth. It is correct a win mathimatically meant we stayed up but the reality was a few other unlikely results had to go against us as well as a defeat for us to be relegated. All the other results went our way anyway so a defeat would not  have relegated us and we actually finished 5th or 6th bottom

Ok, we had to win at Maryhill to make it mathematically impossible to be relegated.

3 hours ago, maicoman said:

Still can not believe it has run for 21 years Can remember Pollok winning it fairly early on Did they win it again a few years later ? Would be good to see all the winners over the years if anyone has the list in front of them

It hasnt? Was the wosl not started in 2019? 

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

The amalgamation of Ayrshire & Central leagues was the best thing to happen to Central clubs as their attendances went up due to faithful away supports of Ayrshire clubs. The favour wasn't returned.

I mean lets face it you’re complaining that people dont want to voluntarily spend their time in Ayrshire? But in all seriousness Ladeside, Beith, Buffs and Talbot are the only 4 Ayrshire teams who travel in significant numbers, i cant speak for the early days of the West Region. 

2 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Must admit Pollock and Clydebank give every premier league treasurer's coffers a good jag when they visit and they're a good loyal bunch who travel In their numbers for sure  .

Lok do seem to use their bus passes well. Even despite their misfortunes over recent years Buffs and Ladeside have two of the most impressive consistent away followings. 

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

It hasnt? Was the wosl not started in 2019? 

I mean lets face it you’re complaining that people dont want to voluntarily spend their time in Ayrshire? But in all seriousness Ladeside, Beith, Buffs and Talbot are the only 4 Ayrshire teams who travel in significant numbers, i cant speak for the early days of the West Region. 

Lok do seem to use their bus passes well. Even despite their misfortunes over recent years Buffs and Ladeside have two of the most impressive consistent away followings. 

Haven’t seen much of an away following from Beith or Kilwinning in recent years.In fact last year down at Beith in the league I was surprised at how poor the turnout was from home fans seeing as they were top of the table and looking good for the league.