WoSFL Premier Division thread

41 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Cumbernauld Colts are only three places below them and we saw them off... with a performance I'd rather we'd kept for the league.

Good luck to Rob Roy-it will be very tough but you have saved form for this competition.Be fantastic to see EK taken down a peg or two 

17 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Nobody in authority has ever stated that, I don't know why folk keep trying to insist it is.  

Once again, The play-off is to decide what tier 6, LL area licenced champion club can be promoted, nothing else.

Stop dancing on the head of a pin. The people who made up the rules I'm sure didn't envisage 2 seasons in a row where no club from West could enter a play off. In the scenario I mention - Johnstone Burgh, with their new money, racing through the league and winning unlicensed- then that would be the 3rd year. All for the want of what - retaining the supposed purity of league champions coming up. If its good enough for a 2nd or even 3rd placed Lowland League club being nominated to compete in HL/LL play off then it should be good enough for a West team in 3 way play off. Stop with the making up daft arguments against it. 

18 hours ago, Clubberlang said:

In between all the bot fans whining like babies congratulations to Beith going back to back champions not an easy feat. They have been one of the top teams in Scottish football outside the spfl now for the last 10-12 yrs. well run club.

I'm not sure anyone's whining unnecessarily - but absolutely. Beith have deserved the flag again. Well done. Hard to keep that team together esp by paying buttons 

5 hours ago, Casper Wilson said:

That's already been done to death on here, and the fact that it's Clydebank at the moment won't change it.

Although to be honest, most of the non-bankies on here look at this and would be glad to see the back of your lot.

The biggest load of whinging, self-entitled egoists that ever disgraced football.

Oh put a fucking sock in it

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Good luck to Rob Roy-it will be very tough but you have saved form for this competition.Be fantastic to see EK taken down a peg or two 

Be nice to see Rabs get something to show for the season

14 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Be nice to see Rabs get something to show for the season

Agree-every piece of silverware is so hotly contested nowadays that to win anything takes a huge effort so it would be quite an achievement for Rob Roy 

29 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Stop dancing on the head of a pin. The people who made up the rules I'm sure didn't envisage 2 seasons in a row where no club from West could enter a play off. 

They quite clearly did envision a scenario where one or more leagues may not be able to put forward a licenced champion gives that there has been many years where the play-off wasn’t contested between EoS and SoS and that when the play-off came in there were very few licensed tier 6 clubs

5 hours ago, andy25 said:

Would you be saying that if Talbot finish runner up?

100% yes ... it doesn't matter who it is m8 , its the progression of teams im interested in seeing , if its not Clydebank in any given season then the progression of a team who have been better than us to win the league would hopefully make winning it the following season that little bit more achievable.

20 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

They quite clearly did envision a scenario where one or more leagues may not be able to put forward a licenced champion gives that there has been many years where the play-off wasn’t contested between EoS and SoS and that when the play-off came in there were very few licensed tier 6 clubs

How many times has East not been represented in play off or just been auto-promoted ?

5 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

How many times has East not been represented in play off or just been auto-promoted ?

3 times not represented, 3 times their champion has gone up without needing to win a play-off.

5 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

2014-15: No East

2015-16: No East

2016-17: No East

2017-18: Threave v. Kelty Play-off

2018-19: Bonnyrigg promoted

2019-20*: COVID shutdown. EoS were able to declare a champion that was accepted by the Lowland League going to 17 teams. If South could have worked out something with a licenced champion they probably would have been accepted as team 18.

2020-21*: COVID: No champion declared

2021-22: Darvel v. Tranent v. SCW Play-off

2022-23: Linlithgow Rose promoted

2023-24: Broxburn v. Creetown/Dalbeattie

Twice there's been an uncontested play-off with promotion.

4 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

18-19 Stranraer Reserves won South (Bonnyrigg through from East) 

16-17 Lothian Thistle (Hutchie Vale) won East (Edusport through from South)

15-16 Leith Athletic won East, St Cuthbert Wanderers won South. Both unlicensed

14-15 LTHV won East, Wigtown and Bladnoch won South. Both unlicensed

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

2019-20*: COVID shutdown. EoS were able to declare a champion that was accepted by the Lowland League going to 17 teams. If South could have worked out something with a licenced champion they probably would have been accepted as team 18.

Beat me to it! 

26 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Bonkers. 

Doesn't change a thing. Wrong then, wrong now

3 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Bonkers. 

If you take away 2014-15 and 2015-16 as the Lowland was open to applications and the COVID years. Then the Lucky Loser Play-offs would have looked like this

2016-17: 1st v. 5th

2017-18: 1st v. 1st

2018-19: 1st v. 9th

2021-22: 1st v. 1st v. 1st

2022-23: 1st v. 2nd v. 2nd

2023-24: 1st v. 1st v. 2nd

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If you take away 2014-15 and 2015-16 as the Lowland was open to applications and the COVID years. Then the Lucky Loser Play-offs would have looked like this

2016-17: 1st v. 5th

2017-18: 1st v. 1st

2018-19: 1st v. 9th

2021-22: 1st v. 1st v. 1st

2022-23: 1st v. 2nd v. 2nd

2023-24: 1st v. 1st v. 2nd

So real outlier there is SOS. Rest seems absolutely fine to me. Keep calling it lucky loser ... I'll call it highest placed licenced club. Works for me

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I'm not sure anyone's whining unnecessarily - but absolutely. Beith have deserved the flag again. Well done. Hard to keep that team together esp by paying buttons 

Your manager is class in his comments .Maybe you should try and copy him a wee bit . Trying to be nice but wee digs at the same time grow up Bill and to think you're part of the bankies hierarchy. 

21 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Bonkers. 

FFS - dry your eyes.

Clydebank seemed to be well in position to win the league, but fell away,latterly ( happy for you to correct me if I am wrong.

Only right that licensed teams who win their respective Regional top leagues should be promoted. As that is not in the current rules, play-offs for winning licensed teams will have to do.

For a scenario that a region can/wants to pick a licensed team, who could have finished 3rd, 5th or 8th to be included in the play-offs is, as you put it - bonkers!