WoSFL Premier Division thread

Posted (edited)

image.png.8c62326a747368439bb17cfa85d59bc0.png

image.png.1e96d396e734a2c1305e0605f16626e0.png

St Cadoc's win the illustrious best team outside Ayrshire™ trophy at the first time of asking. Arthurlie & Rob Roy bid farewell to the Premier but interestingly both have cup finals to look forward to. Very good showing from Largs who probably slipped under a few radars as they quietly went about their business.  Considering the start they had to the season finishing as runners up plus two semi finals is a good end result for Talbot.

Coming in you have Johnstone Burgh & The Drum who won't exactly be shy about spending on players plus Shotts BA who will have a decidedly more modest budget.

Edited by GNU_Linux

1 hour ago, Wos-observer said:

For me players will put their own egos first before club politics, the Scottish Junior Cup is the biggest non-league cup in scotland. I may be wrong but I think only 3 Darvel players have won in? There is no way the players down tools for this. 

Some individuals will play for pride or to maintain their own professional standards but they're a busted flush in terms of being a team unit. Get it up them. 

19 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Some individuals will play for pride or to maintain their own professional standards but they're a busted flush in terms of being a team unit. Get it up them. 

I think Arthurlie will beat them.

1 hour ago, Wos-observer said:

I had predicted an Ayrshire top 3 so got it wrong, thought Largs may have came on to get 3rd however just run out of games. I do think they have the makings of a good team, well drilled, top manager and a squad at a decent age. 

I see St Cadocs getting stronger next season, Talbot for me if I was a betting man would be league winners. There are a couple of unknowns for me, Darvel I don't know the direction they are going, JB are obviously big spenders however are they becoming a team with aging players? Gartcairn are also a team looking like spending money however the right players need signed, mcshane's etc...are money driven and for me not winners, Clydebank need to have a very good transfer window, an aging squad that has probably peaked so 5/6 quality players needed. Pollok are another aging squad with the highest number of over 30s in the league, plenty of speculation with money issues etc...so unsure the clubs ability to compete in transfer market. I personally don't think Beith will be able to compete for the league this season, without doubt strain has done an excellent jib. 

1 hour ago, PollokGang said:

5 players over 30. One just retired. I’d be amazed if any more than 2/4 are kept on.

Of the players so far signed up for next season, Faulds will be the oldest at 32/3 followed by Gow at 29/30.

7 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Can Beith go up if they win the play offs or will they still be stopped due to the floodlights?

Beith can't enter the playoffs, no license.

Club Statement

Darvel Football Club are delighted to announce the appointment of a new football management team for 2024/25.

Manager - Michael Oliver
Assistant Managers - Jamie Broadfoot & David Winters

The club received several notes of interest despite the position of manager not having been advertised yet. We enquired about his availability after the game against Irvine Meadow.
On Friday, the club contacted Ashfield to advise them of our intention to offer the position to Michael, and then Michael himself, who was delighted to accept.

David Winters will continue until the end of this season - and beyond.
It is a sign of the respect that Michael and Jamie have for David - and his unwavering commitment to the club and the players - that they wanted him to remain with Darvel Football Club as an integral part of the backroom team. Further appointments to the backroom team will be announced shortly.

Darvel Football Club look forward to working with the new management team next season, with a continued focus on developing the young players in our squad.

Tried like mad to find the post to quote but fed up looking. He won't be happy at me doing so but want to say that @Darvel legend paid out on our charity bet placed at the start of the season and sent more than the agreed £20. The East Ayrshire Churches Homeless Action group are the beneficiaries.

https://eacha.org.uk/

Therefore, I proclaim him to be an all round good egg! Thanks Jim 👏

58 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Tried like mad to find the post to quote but fed up looking. He won't be happy at me doing so but want to say that @Darvel legend paid out on our charity bet placed at the start of the season and sent more than the agreed £20. The East Ayrshire Churches Homeless Action group are the beneficiaries.

Well done DL

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

image.thumb.png.9c20dd8113c927a8663be41b28415a0d.png

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

WelL done pal least the talbot won something this season 👏👏👏