WoSFL Premier Division thread

21 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

If that's true two is not enough. I would have 4 at least. Two in August, at least one in September and one in October

I assume they are talking about a round of midweek fixtures for ALL clubs, not just the ones with floodlights.

22 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I assume they are talking about a round of midweek fixtures for ALL clubs, not just the ones with floodlights.

As it stands there will be 10/16 clubs with floodlights next season (+KRR if they move) so a full round of midweek fixtures can be scheduled for Sep/Oct.

2 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

Afaik the thinking is to play two rounds early on so everyone plays one at home and one away.

Rob Roy 0  - Irvine Meadow 1

Terrible game, even worse referee.

Thought he called the penalty wrong and as he was letting some hefty tackles go I was sure he was on the brink of losing control of the game in the second half. Luckily the substitutions took the sting out of the game but overall it was a poor effort and Irvine deserved the win even if Roy almost did steal a point at the end.

lok 1 up early through rumsby     2-1 down ten mins   later

2-2 through christie    3-2 down at ht with a troon pen

early equaliser through forde 3-3

4-3 up through docherty

5-3 in injury time through sub s mccann

only 3 games left in our season   away to darvel

home to camby  away to largs

Beith aren't showing any signs of stopping - that was a good victory away at Meadow Park tonight.

Am I right in thinking if Beith win the league they don't enter the playoffs due to being unlicensed? So it's 3 relegated and 3 promoted from the league below?

And if Darvel or Talbot win the league and the playoff, how many teams are relegated from the Premier League?

Just now, energyzone said:

Beith aren't showing any signs of stopping - that was a good victory away at Meadow Park tonight.

Am I right in thinking if Beith win the league they don't enter the playoffs due to being unlicensed? So it's 3 relegated and 3 promoted from the league below?

And if Darvel or Talbot win the league and the playoff, how many teams are relegated from the Premier League?

Correct.

If a licensed team wins the WoSFL Premier Division and the promotion play-off, then this season one less team would be relegated from each league.

6 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Beith are keeping delivering-incredible consistency in a very tough league 

Very scrappy game tonight and the dynamics slightly changed in terms of darvel putting pressure on us to collect points tonight,  darvel are by far the best team In our league squad wise and we can only keep trying to do our best under the radar.

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

20 clear of Talbot.

Beith come out of Monday night's game undefeated and it's into three home games.

Think Beith must be getting ready to pick up the champagne.

Can’t see Beith losing it from here 

2 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Can’t see Beith losing it from here 

Darvel are still the strongest squad by far and it's there's to claim in terms of ability and class of squad  , I Just hope we can continue to do our best a game at a time and to get our rewards as every game is so bloody tough. 

Was a good game last night with a good travelling support.

Thought we competed well and could’ve nicked an equaliser in stoppage time with the O’Donnell free kick but for a cracking save from the Beith goalie.

Always love watching a game at meadow park under the lights. 

1 hour ago, .Stuart. said:

Was a good game last night with a good travelling support.

Thought we competed well and could’ve nicked an equaliser in stoppage time with the O’Donnell free kick but for a cracking save from the Beith goalie.

Always love watching a game at meadow park under the lights. 

First time I've been at meadow Park under the lights and it just makes a very good venue all the better,  a proper football ground at our level and always enjoy a wee day down at irvine  .

Think Beith will win it from here. What a season for them.

As for the lack of a licence, wonder if they will be regretting that?

The irony would be Chris Strain winning the league and Buffs getting relegated in 3rd bottom spot.

3 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Think Beith will win it from here. What a season for them.

As for the lack of a licence, wonder if they will be regretting that?

The irony would be Chris Strain winning the league and Buffs getting relegated in 3rd bottom spot.

I’m not so sure it’s done and dusted yet. Talbot on Monday and then still to play Darvel. Granted, it’s in their hands but a couple of hurdles still to negotiate.