WoSFL Premier Division thread

3 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Even this early it's looking like Clydebank are overwhelming favourites for the league this season......

Nah. The bottom will fall out of their bottoms as per.

11 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

With it being a nice sunny evening, I treated the wife to a wee night out at Shotts for their game with Clydebank!

Speaking to a few Shotts fans before the game and optimism was certainly low! Concerns about the keeper, the strength of squad and expectations of a heavy defeat and a long hard season!

The game started and it seemed to take Clydebank a wee while to settle and Shotts had more of the ball... without being too effective with it. The long, high diagonal ball seemingly being a preferred tactic. Clydebank scored the opener, slightly against run of play at the time, was good play and nice little finish from close range, but defending that made it just a bit too easy. 

It looked a bit like a case of how many as Clydebank took over the match, but Shotts defenders, rather than defend well to keep the Bankies out just kinda got in the way! Essentially... it's effective defending I guess... 2nd goal game after an hour. Decent shot parried by keeper right back into play and alert Bankies striker reacted far quicker than any Shotts player and flicked the ball in.

Soon after, Shotts got back into it with a goal almost from nothing, decent strike finding bottom corner. Shotts twice in last 5 minutes could have equalised, but one effort was so bad, I wasn't sure if a shot or cross... either way it was mistimed and out. 2nd was just a wild swing in middle of box high and wide.

Bankies hung on for deserved win. Shotts faired slightly better than their support expected, but can see where they have issues! Boy with a long throw could be a decent asset for them, though. Clydebank have a fair bit of pace going forward and once they start to click will be strong.

Not the best match, but a few crunchy challenges, a lot of niggly fouls and a ref that wasn't the most consistent! But it stayed dry and the wife enjoyed her bridie!

Was it either that or a diamond bracelet?

5 hours ago, CS_Dumbarton said:

Personally I think that [whoever's first after two games] is the overwhelming favourite to win the title

Heard paddy Power have paid out already on bankies winning league. 

Mon the papers 

6 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Mentioning Clydebank and The Diamonds on this place, brave man ! 

No like this site someone talking about us🙄🤣

31 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

Good win Talbot , not an easy game , maybe a draw would have been a fair result but cant beat a last min winner.

Need to start playing players in their right positions.

Was a hard watch for first 60 minutes.

Both full backs constantly getting left exposed.

Ross Smith & Tarek Abed made a huge difference when they came on.

Still early in season, couple of games that will have impact on season next weekend. 

Darvel v Gartcairn, for whatever reason (spending not being one of them) Gartcairn have not performed well, Darvel for me were always going to struggle, I think ultimately Mick Oliver jumped at the wrong jump just to get in the west prem.  

At the the other end of the table St Cadocs host Clydebank, slow start for St Cadocs in the league as one of the teams expected to be up there come the end of the season, Clydebank on the other hand are 3 from 3.

Talbot have a tough away trip to Hurlford in a game that they have struggled at times in.  

I would expect JB to start closing the gap at the top.   

19 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Need to start playing players in their right positions.

Was a hard watch for first 60 minutes.

Both full backs constantly getting left exposed.

Ross Smith & Tarek Abed made a huge difference when they came on.

Hopefully that's tucker seeing that, cant fault him though , he changed it and it worked so credit

42 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

Clydebank thoroughly deserved to beat Pollok.Much the better team throughout. 

Not sure if it was a “much” but were the better side.We huffed and puffed and never looked like it.Clydebank will be a strong shout to win the league this season.

Johnstone Burgh clicked today.  If the Burgh can maintain performance levels like that then they will be VERY hard to overlook.

I could wax lyrical about the fine Burgh performance but what may be of more interest to my fellow forum user's will be the length of the grass at Loch Park.   The practice of not cutting the grass before the Burgh descend happened to us twice least season (Blantyre Vics and more notably at Cambuslang Rangers where we basically played in a wheat field).  

The long grass caused numerous problems throughout the game but rather comically (and deservedly) the Burgh coped with it better!  If you are going to deploy the old "long grass" perhaps make sure your team can cope with it first!

Today was my first visit to Loch park, an enjoyable experience at a decent wee facility...just cut your grass folks.  

25 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Not sure if it was a “much” but were the better side.We huffed and puffed and never looked like it.Clydebank will be a strong shout to win the league this season.

Thought the margin was fair tbh. A really hard fought win and 2 form teams. Not many teams will finish above you this season so a great win. Not sure what Maxi was on about in his interview tbh but not terribly bothered. Every game is tough and we need to keep grinding out results where it doesn't come easily

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

This is how I seen it. Dunc's shot from range at 1-0 goes in off the post instead of coming back out and I think we can go and win the game.

No complaints with the result. Better team won but fine margins.  The Clydebank defender was incredibly fortunate to avoid a red card for the hand ball on the line(not that it would have had much impact on the end result).

Clydebank very difficult to play against. Looked a step ahead of what I seen of them last season. 

Edited by Dean Learner

14 minutes ago, Dean Learner said:

This is how I seen it. Dunc's shot from range at 1-0 goes in off the post instead of coming back out and I think we can go and win the game.

No complaints with the result. Better team won but fine margins.  The Clydebank defender was incredibly fortunate to avoid a red card for the hand ball on the line(not that it would have had much impact on the end result).

Clydebank very difficult to play against. Looked a step ahead of what I seen of them last season. 

Pollok were never winning that game today.Not good enough,