WoSFL Premier Division thread

What do we reckon about tomorrow? Have Hurlford any chance on taking points off Moff's millionaires? Will Oliver's Army get their first points at Shotts? Will Cumnock and Pollok both equally stink out Townhead Park?

• Beith Juniors – Gartcairn   3-0
  • Benburb – Glenafton Athletic  - 1-1
  • Cumnock Juniors – Pollok   3-1
  • Drumchapel United – Troon  2-1
  • Hurlford United – Clydebank 0-2
  • Shotts Bon Accord – Darvel  - 0-0

34 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Pollok supporter that took unwell yesterday is OK:

Club statement

What was it Paul? a stroke, did he fall and hit his head,  do you know?

The Pollok twitter doesn't say anything how's he's doing yet but someone named the lad as Gordon.
Sounds as if both physios from each team responded straight away to help, well done on their quick response 

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 minutes ago, Parkranger said:

Took one for the team.

Absolute sick comment

Someone might have died and your comment as well as red dots from you and Shanner,  sickening.
I do not wish ill of any supporter of any team and hope everyone else feels the same way, obviously you and Shanner don't care

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Pollok supporter that took unwell yesterday is OK:

Club statement

Really pleased to hear that the supporter is ok and didn't require hospital treatment. It must have been a scary incident for him and those around them. 

I do have a question if someone knows the answer. We had an incident earlier this season (and a couple of times in previous seasons) where supporters have taken unwell on the terracing and the game continued. What is the right protocol because it seems not to be consistent. I think if both physio's are caring for someone then it should be stopped/abandoned but there needs to be constancy imo. 

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Absolute sick comment

Someone might have died and your comment as well as red dots from you and Shanner,  sickening.
I do not wish ill of any supporter of any team and hope everyone else feels the same way, obviously you and Shanner don't care

Agree with first statement but you're the one trying to name the fella on an online forum

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Did the incident happen after the 80th minute? I thought the result stood in those cases?

We reckon there were probably at least 10 plus minutes left anyway taking into account the time left,stoppage time and water breaks.

I don’t think there is a specific cut off time in the WOSFL rules.

Just now, Lokloyal said:

We reckon there were probably at least 10 plus minutes left anyway taking into account the time left,stoppage time and water breaks.

I don’t think there is a specific cut off time in the WOSFL rules.

Were they stopping the game for water breaks? Our ref at Hurlford didnt stop once. Tbf he lost control. 

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

What was it Paul? a stroke, did he fall and hit his head,  do you know?

The Pollok twitter doesn't say anything how's he's doing yet but someone named the lad as Gordon.
Sounds as if both physios from each team responded straight away to help, well done on their quick response 

what a strange wee ghoul you are. 

The game was being stopped for water breaks

From the start of the clock, there was prob around 83 mins played, however in that time we had a stoppage for water, a stoppage when the gentleman took ill first time then the game re started and stopped quickly after. So easily 10 mins still to be played.

The main concern from what I could see was the gentleman came round but took ill quickly after which was obviously even more concern.

The assistant ref was heavily involved in caring for the person so that may also have had an impact on the decision to abandon the game.

Going by some officials around the club house as the players walked off, I am pretty sure Cumnock will expect the result to stand as 3 points seemed very important to them. 

15 minutes ago, superpollok said:

The game was being stopped for water breaks

From the start of the clock, there was prob around 83 mins played, however in that time we had a stoppage for water, a stoppage when the gentleman took ill first time then the game re started and stopped quickly after. So easily 10 mins still to be played.

The main concern from what I could see was the gentleman came round but took ill quickly after which was obviously even more concern.

The assistant ref was heavily involved in caring for the person so that may also have had an impact on the decision to abandon the game.

Going by some officials around the club house as the players walked off, I am pretty sure Cumnock will expect the result to stand as 3 points seemed very important to them. 

The three points certainly seemed more important to them than the health of the gentleman who collapsed.

Credit to the Cumnock and Pollok physios though, as well as the assistant referee who came onto the terracing to help.

As for the result, I’m not sure how it can possibly stand with there being a goal between the sides and likely 10-15 minutes of football still to play.

Edited by mtln

30 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Were they stopping the game for water breaks? Our ref at Hurlford didnt stop once. Tbf he lost control. 

Yes, once at 25 minutes and one about 70 minutes

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Did the incident happen after the 80th minute? I thought the result stood in those cases?

Match will be replayed.

Last season Threave were leading 3-2 at Lanark, when a young Lanark player was injured and game stopped. This was in 92nd minute. Match was replayed and result was 2-2. Threave missed out on promotion by those 2 points.

Replay inevitable.

Edited by An Absolute Imposter