The George Galloway "Unity Party" thread

Ross.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I remember when George worked for War on Want, before his political career, he wrote an article in the Spectator saying there was no point in helping Bangladeshis after a huge flood, it was their fault for farming on land that was susceptible to flooding. Stupid people! 

At 58%, Bangladesh has the highest amount of arable land for its size of any country in the world.  This is in part due to all the flooding providing nutrients to the soil.

Similarly Java has a lot of good farmland due to all the active volcanoes.

“If I stop shagging birds for even one second, then maybe I’m gay” is definitely the thought process of a guy with a deeply normal attitude towards relationships, sexuality and life in general 

20 minutes ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

"I'm scared of being gay" is some excuse for cheating on yer misuss.

There’s probably a ‘yes I was scared of being gay so that’s why I did that just to make sure I wasn’t’ story somewhere, but it’ll likely never come out because f**k admitting to pumping George. 

3 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

There’s probably a ‘yes I was scared of being gay so that’s why I did that just to make sure I wasn’t’ story somewhere, but it’ll likely never come out because f**k admitting to pumping George. 

Fair comment. Did he admit to kissing Saddam's cigar cutter?

20 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Also I’m not entirely sure I want to google what “rapacious promiscuity” means. 

My first thought was "serial rapist", but that's just not George Galloway at all.

The scene in Crank where Jason Statham has to shag Amy Smart to keep his heart rate up or he dies, except it's George Galloway and his fedora starts turning pink and glittery if he's not hanging out the back of someone.

54eb1fa83fae97e4c968bb227e1f1c59.jpg.62cc047ca9710a6d5c0688c3ffdc9d76.jpg

8 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

He was never elected as a Councillor.  His power base was as a full time Party organiser, the only paid post outside Labour Party HQ in Glasgow.

Not particularly liked by some sections of the TU movement but controlled Dundee Labour Party with few dissenters.

It was before I joined the Labour Party so I suspect those that were dissenting when I spoke to them did so long after he was gone.

3 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

HJbBJpiHaPVGQyAFfTWz_uVDFjs=.gif

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

This might go somewhere towards explaining his recent utterances.

https://newint.org/features/web-exclusive/2016/02/02/george-galloway-londons-next-mayor

Amongst the morass of shite in that interview, a nugget of wisdom from him:

Screenshot_20240507_185138_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7f61c991ec8f26d202e16038bc40acba.jpg

He's talking about Saudi.

Here's a ramble from me on that if anyone is interested:

Spoiler

Mohammed bin Salman has finally now moved away from spreading wahabbism (Saudi version of salafism) around the world. However, enormous damage was done in the roughly 40 years that project lasted and the consequences will continue to be felt for a long while yet.

It's been galling recently hearing US neocons trying to shore up flagging European support for Israel by telling us we must fear "Iranian terrorism". Iran backs parties involved in existing military conflicts and there's much to criticise there but that's a separate discussion. When it comes to "terrorism" in the popular European imagination, we conjure images of public transport and concert venues being bombed or shot up. That had nothing to do with Iran but much to do with Saudi.

Every major west European city centre got a huge Saudi-built mosque in the 1990s. That was the icing on the cake, with the base of the cake - Saudi's footprint in the Global South - having been established prior, in the '70s and '80s. From Boko Haram in Nigeria to the Taliban in Pakistan and later Afghanistan, every salafi jihadist group had began out of Saudi-ran madrasas. Saudi cultural imperialism in Pakistan was a factor in why men of Pakistani heritage, compared to other Muslim backgrounds, were over-represented in UK salafi-jihadism.

Israel is part of this story. It can be read here how the 1973 war they launched destroyed Arab nationalism, paving the path for Saudi salafism: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_propagation_of_Salafism

Today we still have Biden pushing for closer and more formal ties between Israel and Saudi as a pact against Iran. 

Iran's great sin was they didn't want their natural resources exploited by American capital. The Saudi elite were happy to sell out, though, and they used the profits to export their salafism around the world. Including very violently into New York in 2001, a crime done by Saudis yet blamed on Afghans, Iraqis and whoever else.

Looking forward, Saudi is now on the decline in line with the oil prices it has relied on. Bin Salman knows that so has stopped spunking money on exporting salafism. In that respect, he's better than his predecessors although that's of no comfort to the Yemenis he waged war against.

US policy with Saudi has been conducted in the interests of the oil industry and common folk have paid the price all this time.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

Amongst the morass of shite in that interview, a nugget of wisdom from him:

Screenshot_20240507_185138_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7f61c991ec8f26d202e16038bc40acba.jpg

He's talking about Saudi.

Here's a ramble from me on that if anyone is interested:

Hide contents

Mohammed bin Salman has finally now moved away from spreading wahabbism (Saudi version of salafism) around the world. However, enormous damage was done in the roughly 40 years that project lasted and the consequences will continue to be felt for a long while yet.

It's been galling recently hearing US neocons trying to shore up flagging European support for Israel by telling us we must fear "Iranian terrorism". Iran backs parties involved in existing military conflicts and there's much to criticise there but that's a separate discussion. When it comes to "terrorism" in the popular European imagination, we conjure images of public transport and concert venues being bombed or shot up. That had nothing to do with Iran but much to do with Saudi.

Every major west European city centre got a huge Saudi-built mosque in the 1990s. That was the icing on the cake, with the base of the cake - Saudi's footprint in the Global South - having been established prior, in the '70s and '80s. From Boko Haram in Nigeria to the Taliban in Pakistan and later Afghanistan, every salafi jihadist group had began out of Saudi-ran madrasas. Saudi cultural imperialism in Pakistan was a factor in why men of Pakistani heritage, compared to other Muslim backgrounds, were over-represented in UK salafi-jihadism.

Israel is part of this story. It can be read here how the 1973 war they launched destroyed Arab nationalism, paving the path for Saudi salafism: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_propagation_of_Salafism

Today we still have Biden pushing for closer and more formal ties between Israel and Saudi as a pact against Iran. 

Iran's great sin was they didn't want their natural resources exploited by American capital. The Saudi elite were happy to sell out, though, and they used the profits to export their salafism around the world. Including very violently into New York in 2001, a crime done by Saudis yet blamed on Afghans, Iraqis and whoever else.

Looking forward, Saudi is now on the decline in line with the oil prices it has relied on. Bin Salman knows that so has stopped spunking money on exporting salafism. In that respect, he's better than his predecessors although that's of no comfort to the Yemenis he waged war against.

US policy with Saudi has been conducted in the interests of the oil industry and common folk have paid the price all this time.

Totally agree, nowhere near enough has been made of the Saudi family's direct responsibility for the global spread of medieval psychotic Islamic fundimentalism, but I bet George isn't mentioning any of that while he tries to recruit the mainly Sunni Bangladeshi and Pakistani heritage voters of depressed North of England post-industrial towns. It wasn't just mosques, it was primary schools to universities, from cradle to suicide belt.

Edited by welshbairn

All hail the Workers Party of Great Britain - Panesar-Leninist! Down with Gallowayite bourgeois revisionists!

18 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Monty sounds a little stumped by this political stuff.

he didn't have the googlies for it