OFFICIAL HEARTS JUGGERNAUT THREAD 2020-

18 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I honestly still don't think we'd sack him. 

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I think you'll find that your recent prediction history is a pile of pish.

14 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

see ya Robbie

Nostradamus strikes again 

10 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Just continued dominance over your pishy wee team.🤷‍♂️

We’ve gone through this before. If Gary Locke can win four derbies in a season, then a fucking traffic cone could. It means nothing. :lol:

Unsure exactly what else Hearts fans are expecting apart from 3rd. Yeah you've fcked the big lead you had over Aberdeen but aside from 3rd what else can a club like Hearts expect? You're never going to split the OF these days and when you get to a SC against either one of them you lose. 3rd or 4th and in Europe is as good as expected 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Unsure exactly what else Hearts fans are expecting apart from 3rd. Yeah you've fcked the big lead you had over Aberdeen but aside from 3rd what else can a club like Hearts expect? You're never going to split the OF these days and when you get to a SC against either one of them you lose. 3rd or 4th and in Europe is good as expected 

Decent football, probably.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think Budge cares about that, for me this sacking is all about money. She saw people leaving early and knows it'll hit the gate receipts.  Like @Thereisalight.. said, Hearts are pretty much where you'd expect them to be and are fairly assured European football. They aren't getting into the top 2, no amount of managerial bounce will help them achieve that.

I get that the football was honking, you only need to see yesterday's game to know that, but with 7 games left, a closed transfer window, I don't see how a new manager "helps" that situation.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And not losing 20 out of 43 games in a season. It's not about 3rd, he'd lost control and could no longer get a response. Motherwell,  Aberdeen, Killie were all horrible performances and he kept promising a reaction and couldn't.

People looking in from the outside think it's harsh but we were on a downward spiral and it was inevitable once the fans turn like that.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Aye with the players they have they should be getting a tune out of them. Signed that "wonderkid" from Newcastle and the lad has been on the bench more times than on the pitch 

Hes one of many Scottish managers of that generation that requires a (relatively) massive chunk of money to build a squad to try and hide their weaknesses and inability to adapt.

Hearts were always going to underperform under him so their final position relies entirely on them having a far better squad than the teams around them + those teams struggling.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

I don't think Budge cares about that, for me this sacking is all about money. She saw people leaving early and knows it'll hit the gate receipts.  Like @Thereisalight.. said, Hearts are pretty much where you'd expect them to be and are fairly assured European football. They aren't getting into the top 2, no amount of managerial bounce will help them achieve that.

I get that the football was honking, you only need to see yesterday's game to know that, but with 7 games left, a closed transfer window, I don't see how a new manager "helps" that situation.

Who's worried about top 2? We've lost 6 out of 7 with a turgid style of football and blown a  commanding lead for 3rd. We have 3 away wins all season and the manager is disliked by the majority of the support.

She'd be silly not to think of how that effects the financials. We had 16k ST's this season with a waiting list of nearly 4k, absolutely no chance that holds up with Neilson remaining. And it'd drop even further if we don't have group stage football to look forward to after looking likely for so long. 

When fans turn liek they have, you're not coming back from it.