Conspiracy Theories

32 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Probably something to do with the deep state bollux, anti-NASA, "what aren't they telling us?" stuff that the internet feeds on a daily basis.  Probably some Republican Bible-thumping half wit who thinks the baby Jesus will punish democrat voters was told in a strip bar at 3am that a bloke down the road's next door neighbor's cousin's ex-boyfriend saw a light in the sky and was told by the police to piss off.

Or is that what they want us to think? 

NASA, think it stands for 'never a straight answer'.

21 hours ago, tamthebam said:

so the British armed forces should look like this:

dandare.jpg.d0051578ffb13bb31d5647acbb9e17ac.jpg

but when I see them going up the motorway at 35 mph they look like this: 

lorry.jpg.4da784f0ddbc88540b472fcc8d75ef84.jpg

they're certainly keeping that advanced technology well hidden from public view. 

youve seen right through them,though,Tam

sorry to hear about your upcoming and unfortunate fatal accident😪

1 hour ago, highlandmac said:

and  i bet that joke was in the public domain about 1 second after the explosion

And the other one...

Why do they drink coke? Because they can't get 7Up

Edited by Raidernation

On 30/07/2023 at 07:32, milton75 said:

I think it's fair to say that there's not been conclusive evidence though.

I will say that I like that it's a topic of wide discussion, even if I remain a sceptic. Quite enjoyed this article:

https://washingtonspectator.org/spaceship-of-fools/

I remain open minded. See my previous post re size and age of the universe.  Good article trashing anyone that isn't a sceptic. What amuses me about sceptical articles are their alternative explanations are more often than not hilarious.  See "the navy pilots could have mistaken it for a faraway plane".  Whatever it was, the air traffic controllers sent Fraver and his wingman from their original position  to intercept the object picked up on their (carrier's) radar. They locked their gun camera onto it skimming just above the ocean. Faraway plane?  If it is secret advanced technology then they certainly like to mess with the U.S. Navy.  When Fraver landed the carrier air traffic controllers said they had multiple similar contacts over the preceding weeks. Fraver was angry that they didn't get a heads up from them.

10 hours ago, madmitch said:

I remain open minded. See my previous post re size and age of the universe.  Good article trashing anyone that isn't a sceptic. What amuses me about sceptical articles are their alternative explanations are more often than not hilarious.  See "the navy pilots could have mistaken it for a faraway plane".  Whatever it was, the air traffic controllers sent Fraver and his wingman from their original position  to intercept the object picked up on their (carrier's) radar. They locked their gun camera onto it skimming just above the ocean. Faraway plane?  If it is secret advanced technology then they certainly like to mess with the U.S. Navy.  When Fraver landed the carrier air traffic controllers said they had multiple similar contacts over the preceding weeks. Fraver was angry that they didn't get a heads up from them.

I can tell you for a fact that a “radar target” is not always a radar return or a target. The more processing done on radar signals the more problems we had with false returns, misplaced reflections, incorrect data correlation, etc. The current radar systems in use most often use a mosaic algorithm that tends to generate spurious signals that can behave in a quite convincing manner. It’s really not far from the realm of possibility that the faraway plane theory could mesh with an anomalous target return…but, by the same token, the opposite is equally true.

On 08/08/2023 at 03:48, TxRover said:

I can tell you for a fact that a “radar target” is not always a radar return or a target. The more processing done on radar signals the more problems we had with false returns, misplaced reflections, incorrect data correlation, etc. The current radar systems in use most often use a mosaic algorithm that tends to generate spurious signals that can behave in a quite convincing manner. It’s really not far from the realm of possibility that the faraway plane theory could mesh with an anomalous target return…but, by the same token, the opposite is equally true.

A faraway plane that they locked onto and filmed with their on board gun camera skimming just above the ocean? 

5 hours ago, madmitch said:

A faraway plane that they locked onto and filmed with their on board gun camera skimming just above the ocean? 

Understand that part is different than the radar issue I was addressing. Having used several radar types over 33+ years, I wanted to point out it isn’t as “reliable” as many think. The atmosphere does a lot of somewhat predictable things to electromagnetic waves, including presenting targets tens to hundreds of miles off position in rare instances.

As for the gun camera system, I believe that is at least partially electro-optically steered, so it is possible.

6 hours ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Using this graph to float my conspiracy theory that serial killers were a post war CIA experiment that has now concluded.

20230809_164540.jpg.0c0c7d7ebf6e545ff930434207299891.jpg

I like the idea of an inactive serial killer

"He was going to kill only brunette, left handed women but in the end he couldn't be arsed"

6 hours ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Using this graph to float my conspiracy theory that serial killers were a post war CIA experiment that has now concluded.

Clear correlation with the popularity of rock music there. 

Dubious that there were almost  800 on the go in the early 80s but the increasing popularity of prog though the 70s would certainly explain it. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Clear correlation with the popularity of rock music there. 

Dubious that there were almost  800 on the go in the early 80s but the increasing popularity of prog though the 70s would certainly explain it. 

8 hours ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Margaret Thatcher was first elected to office in 1951. She became Prime Minister in 1979. And she died in 2013.

We're done here.

Matty Healy of The 1975 resigned as a director of Dirty Hit Records (or their legal entity) in April 2023.....

As a professional contract engineer whose Professional Indemnity Insurance is routinely £ 5 or £ 10 million, I'm watching this with popcorn.....

Lots of theories going around online related to the fires in Maui. It is alleged that the fires were started on land that natives refused to sell to developers and that no multimillionaires or billionaires owning property on the island suffered any significant loss or damage. 

On 09/08/2023 at 16:57, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Was just lamenting the demise of the serial-killer to the mrs the other day. Someone needs to reverse the trend because there's bugger all on Netflix worth watching now they've covered all the big names.

20 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Lots of theories going around online related to the fires in Maui. It is alleged that the fires were started on land that natives refused to sell to developers and that no multimillionaires or billionaires owning property on the island suffered any significant loss or damage. 

My Twitter feed is awash with this.

Oprah Winfrey deeply involved apparently.