Sportscene watch

Two incidents in tonight's Sportscene. The Sima goal which comes off a part of his body which could be his arm. Not a mention. If that had happened on Saturday it would have been dissected to the Nth degree. Similarly the penalty overturned by the VAR for Aberdeen. It is a shit decision and again no mention of the decision possibly being wrong. Same comment from above if it had happened at the Old Firm match.

What would happen if every player tried to 'strip' another player - come on ref, it's a coming together and the other ref & var said I could do it 😈 Offside where your nasal hair is offside, handball should be hand to ball, like it used to be. Can I do some var games please and are they well paid ?

19 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Two incidents in tonight's Sportscene. The Sima goal which comes off a part of his body which could be his arm. Not a mention. If that had happened on Saturday it would have been dissected to the Nth degree. Similarly the penalty overturned by the VAR for Aberdeen. It is a shit decision and again no mention of the decision possibly being wrong. Same comment from above if it had happened at the Old Firm match.

It could’ve been his arm, but it was his shoulder. I am assuming this is why it wasn’t dissected.

4 hours ago, AJF said:

It could’ve been his arm, but it was his shoulder. I am assuming this is why it wasn’t dissected.

Never mind dissected, it was never even discussed.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Never mind dissected, it was never even discussed.

See below

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Why would you need to discuss something when it clearly hits his shoulder?

Tbf i imagine they discuss it when editing the show and discovered there was nothing to it.

Do agree its strange if they never talked about the Aberdeen non-penalty, or Shankland incident though. 

Both clearly wrong.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise who his big team is?

It's a pretty objective call though. They've made a valid point - why should it be discussed when even subjectively it can't be argued that it is handball?

23 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's a pretty objective call though. They've made a valid point - why should it be discussed when even subjectively it can't be argued that it is handball?

Genuinely, it looks like handball to me.

It's certainly not clear cut.

31 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Genuinely, it looks like handball to me.

It's certainly not clear cut.

I'd be curious as to where you believe the ball has struck Sima, particularly from the footage in the tweet linked a few posts ago. It looks like a nailed on shoulder to me. Not even upper arm.

Edited by AJF

39 minutes ago, AJF said:

You're right of course, because it's Rangers against a team that isn't Celtic. 

On 03/01/2024 at 00:28, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

That was right in front of us.  That clown Dickinson claimed it was a coming together

And yet unforgivably Hearts have not seen fit to issue a statement about this or the Forrest penalty against Ross County.

#BudgeOut