Mighty Montrose FC Thread

On 01/03/2024 at 17:55, charliewheelen said:

Hi all. I had interviewed your very own Stewart Petrie last month and had the lightbulb moment that I may be depriving you of an hour's chat with your gaffer by not sharing it on this forum. It was mostly a chronological run through of his story so far, and I can see why he's the SPFL's second longest serving manager, what a gentleman! If you're interested give it a wee listen here!

*Sorry it only occurred to me several weeks later to let you guys here in on it. If I had been thinking faster on my feet I would have got you all involved with a supporter Q&A throughout the interview, which worked a charm with Stuart Hunter down at Bo'ness United. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed having Stewart on and I'll be up at in Angus soon as a token of gratitude. All the best for the playoff run in!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1gDeH07VjQNEyTQcmYxezV?si=yfSiHJPFTseDBHDAGVkQ6A

Really enjoyed that.... Cheers!

2 hours ago, charliewheelen said:

You'll have enjoyed that one I'm sure! What a character and a gentleman Stewart is. Podcast looks superb mate, love the style and format. From one podcaster to another hope all continues well! 👍

Thanks mate. Graham here I help out here and there with the pods usually quitongo corner cover the championship, hopefully have more free time next season.

Davie done the interview and he did say how lovely a bloke Stewart was to speak to.Also on the back of him mentioning his grampa grew up and was a Montrose fan Stewart arranged a couple of tickets for a game a couple weeks back where they both got the tour of ground by Stuart himself on a busy match day. Real class act and they had a great day. 

22 hours ago, grazza said:

Thanks mate. Graham here I help out here and there with the pods usually quitongo corner cover the championship, hopefully have more free time next season.

Davie done the interview and he did say how lovely a bloke Stewart was to speak to.Also on the back of him mentioning his grampa grew up and was a Montrose fan Stewart arranged a couple of tickets for a game a couple weeks back where they both got the tour of ground by Stuart himself on a busy match day. Real class act and they had a great day. 

That's incredible 😅 never wanted a team to go up through the playoffs more!

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Luke Graham got a chance of being a starter for us next season? How is he doing for you lads? How is he as a player?

Coped with Megginson and Burrell fairly easily yesterday if that's any clue. Very fine player IMO, lot of intellegence with his positioning/tackling and we were a more vulnerable side when he was out. Possibly a bit raw for the Prem though TBH I don't watch much of it.

Edited by Scorge

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Luke Graham got a chance of being a starter for us next season? How is he doing for you lads? How is he as a player?

I like the lad he is doing brilliant with us big and strong and very composed on the ball.I hope he makes it with you lot but if he doesn't he will be a good player for someone.

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's impressed me in the games he's played against us this season. Not as much as Sam Fisher did for the scum last season but still looks very promising.

9 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

I presume then that Batchelor will be gone in the summer, shame it didn’t work out.

Yeah would think so anyway unless he goes out on loan.

I was going to ask you guys about your opinions on Cammy Ballantyne. I think the lad is best suited to getting the ball on the deck, which is what we’ve done recently. I think he needs good players around him to play well, as he wants to play quick 1 touch football. St Johnstone fans don’t think he is anywhere near good enough for their 1st team so I’m interested to hear your opinions on him.

3 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

I was going to ask you guys about your opinions on Cammy Ballantyne. I think the lad is best suited to getting the ball on the deck, which is what we’ve done recently. I think he needs good players around him to play well, as he wants to play quick 1 touch football. St Johnstone fans don’t think he is anywhere near good enough for their 1st team so I’m interested to hear your opinions on him.

He was excellent for Montrose I think we had him 3 or 4 times maybe it was on loan which speaks for itself how highly SP rated him. I was gutted we never went for him again and he ended with you lads but money talks and I've heard your paying the lad pretty well for this loan spell till the end of the season.

9 minutes ago, mo83 said:

He was excellent for Montrose I think we had him 3 or 4 times maybe it was on loan which speaks for itself how highly SP rated him. I was gutted we never went for him again and he ended with you lads but money talks and I've heard your paying the lad pretty well for this loan spell till the end of the season.

Thanks for the reply it’s very appreciated, I think he is a boy who gives 110%, is a very tidy and talented player. Although when it’s a long ball end to end game I always think he is anonymous.

39 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Thanks for the reply it’s very appreciated, I think he is a boy who gives 110%, is a very tidy and talented player. Although when it’s a long ball end to end game I always think he is anonymous.

Yeah he is the sort of player who likes to the ball to his feet he is not big enough for the long ball game.Very good player and can take a goal i hope he goes on the have a great career at whatever club.

Really concerned about recent injuries. It feels like in this vital final quarter of the season, we’re reaching into the tool kit and missing what we’re needing to get the job done. Teams with bigger squads are clearly at an advantage. Hoping SP and Ross can find a way to win with whoever is available. No dead cert. easy games. Even with Edinburgh City relegated, they still have pride to play for. I am really pleased we salvaged a point on Saturday but if we target third, which I reckon is realistically as high as we can aim for, then we must stop dropping points to lower placed teams. I reckon Alloa are our main rivals for now but there’s still a long way to go. I believe we are capable of beating any team in this league but we will need to be more clinical and ruthless in how we go about winning.

Edited by Brummo