Mighty Montrose FC Thread

Hi Mo fans

I'm coming up with my son and father in law tomorrow, likely arriving about 1ish to go for food and make a day of it for the wee man. 

Any recommendations on good places to eat? 

42 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Hi Mo fans

I'm coming up with my son and father in law tomorrow, likely arriving about 1ish to go for food and make a day of it for the wee man. 

Roo's Leap is probably the best restaurant in town... and it's not far from Links Park.

You may have to book a table though.

On 21/03/2024 at 12:05, Brummo said:

Apologies, I only mentioned Falkirk as they are the big fish at the moment. I have no idea how often your loan players feature. I simply made the point that if you already have a comparatively big squad, augmenting it with loan players is clearly not as necessary as it is for a team like ourselves, who with smaller squads can in the course of the season find ourselves really stretched through players picking up injuries.

The reality is that our over reliance on loan players, who did not return to us after New Year left our squad very depleted last season and I think was a major factor in our poor finish  in comparison with previous years.

If the loan player system is to work for us, we need the benefit to the sending club to be fairly balanced with the benefit to ourselves.

Without our loaned players we wouldn't be able to fill the bench.

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

Hi Mo fans

As mentioned Roos leap be decent for grub can't go wrong their.

We have Belhaven pub called the Picture House which does food too(pub grub)and I'd imagine their would be a fair few Falkirk fans their, especially the one's getting the train that's the first pub you will come across.

Useful page ahead of Falkirk match.

Well it would be useful if it displayed properly on a phone!

e.t.a. inexplicably the page did display correctly when I clicked on the link, which it had not done previously.

https://montrosefc.co.uk/2024/03/27/next-up-26/

Main information for Falkirk supporters:

AWAY supporters should enter the stadium from the turnstiles located at the East end of Links Park Stadium adjacent to Union Street/Union Row. Online and Season Tickets will be scanned on entry.

Please note, as part of the Club’s stadium safety certificate, all spectators entering Links Park Stadium may be subject to a search and a “soft” ticket and bag checking area will be in operation at both Home and Away access points of the stadium prior to accessing the turnstiles. Turnstiles will open 1 hour prior to kick-off time and will remain open until 15 minutes after the match commences.

SUPPORTER SEATING

HOME – Seating in the Brian Keith Stand is available to all fans on a first come basis. Sections C & D are reserved for Hospitality guests and Directors only. Sections E & F are allocated to Home fans and media/scouts only.

AWAY – Section A of the Brian Keith Stand is reserved for Away fans only on a first come basis and accessible via the Away turnstiles. Wrist Bands will be issued to those accessing the Away section.

Stewards will be on hand to assist you find these sections if required.

STADIUM CATERING

Catering facilities (Home & Away) will be open 1 hour prior to kick-off and will accept both card and cash payments.

Edited by Brummo
added information

8 hours ago, VillaKnollBoy said:

Aye, enter via Wellington Street and then you get into the main stand from there.

Anywhere along the Mid Links, from the Academy to the Tennis Courts,  should be fine for parking, depending on when you arrive. 

4 hours ago, Brummo said:

Mid Links usually very chocka on match days. Is Whinfield Road not a better option for away fans?

There's also car parking near the skatepark on Traill Drive for people who like a walk and some fresh sea air!

https://maps.app.goo.gl/THyUJJbfDJ4xbRWs6

Thanks both of you, parking should be fine if we leave decent time.

5 hours ago, Brummo said:

Useful page ahead of Falkirk match.

Well it would be useful if it displayed properly on a phone!

e.t.a. inexplicably the page did display correctly when I clicked on the link, which it had not done previously.

https://montrosefc.co.uk/2024/03/27/next-up-26/

Main information for Falkirk supporters:

AWAY supporters should enter the stadium from the turnstiles located at the East end of Links Park Stadium adjacent to Union Street/Union Row. Online and Season Tickets will be scanned on entry.

Please note, as part of the Club’s stadium safety certificate, all spectators entering Links Park Stadium may be subject to a search and a “soft” ticket and bag checking area will be in operation at both Home and Away access points of the stadium prior to accessing the turnstiles. Turnstiles will open 1 hour prior to kick-off time and will remain open until 15 minutes after the match commences.

SUPPORTER SEATING

HOME – Seating in the Brian Keith Stand is available to all fans on a first come basis. Sections C & D are reserved for Hospitality guests and Directors only. Sections E & F are allocated to Home fans and media/scouts only.

AWAY – Section A of the Brian Keith Stand is reserved for Away fans only on a first come basis and accessible via the Away turnstiles. Wrist Bands will be issued to those accessing the Away section.

Stewards will be on hand to assist you find these sections if required.

STADIUM CATERING

Catering facilities (Home & Away) will be open 1 hour prior to kick-off and will accept both card and cash payments.

Any disabled parking for away fans?

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Any disabled parking for away fans?

What it says on website. Try giving them a call tomorrow morning. If no luck, then message me and I will try to help.

SUPPORTERS WITH ACCESSIBLE NEEDS

Any supporter who requires an accessible parking space, a wheelchair space or a seat which involves minimal steps should contact office@montrosefc.co.uk or phone 01674 673200 during office hours and a member of club staff will be pleased to help.

Our startling lack of pace was exposed brutally today, especially with the centre back pairing of Quinn and Dillon we didn’t stand a chance. Personally I’m not convinced with Gill, there’s been a couple of goals past few weeks he could’ve done much better on so hopefully we bring in another gk this summer to make that position more competitive again. I think we need a CB that has a bit of pace for these type of games so we don’t just fold and obviously a new CM is needed.

From a Montrose fan's perspective, for me this evening was down there with the 0-9 roasting I witnessed at Easter Road back in the early noughties! Don't get me wrong, Falkirk were decent but I never thought we would fold like we did in the second half. Losing two goals within five minutes of the restart was a horror show. While it wouldn't be fair to lay the blame solely on Cammy Gill, he did not have a good game. At least Hester did score a decent goal following a sublime pass from Machado. If he hadn't, we would be on negative goal difference. A meagre crumb of comfort really.

A sore one.

18 minutes ago, Brummo said:

From a Montrose fan's perspective, for me this evening was down there with the 0-9 roasting I witnessed at Easter Road back in the early noughties! Don't get me wrong, Falkirk were decent but I never thought we would fold like we did in the second half. Losing two goals within five minutes of the restart was a horror show. While it wouldn't be fair to lay the blame solely on Cammy Gill, he did not have a good game. At least Hester did score a decent goal following a sublime pass from Machado. If he hadn't, we would be on negative goal difference. A meagre crumb of comfort really.

A sore one.

Yip. It was worse than I feared.

Bairn here - I just want to thank Montrose for their tolerance at the end of the game to allow a joyful celebration by fans on the pitch. There are plenty of other clubs that would have been difficult about it (especially after a result like that). It made things a lot more fun for the 2000+ who came up. I hope the income from the crowd helps your club next year and I wish you well in the playoffs (f**k that b*****d Hartley and stop them qualifying please). All the best.

3 hours ago, Brummo said:

A sore one.

The pass for the Montrose goal was inch perfect, I was all for blaming the defence at first viewing but it was a great pass and a brilliantly timed run an excellent finish. 

45 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Bairn here - I just want to thank Montrose for their tolerance at the end of the game to allow a joyful celebration by fans on the pitch. There are plenty of other clubs that would have been difficult about it (especially after a result like that). It made things a lot more fun for the 2000+ who came up. I hope the income from the crowd helps your club next year and I wish you well in the playoffs (f**k that b*****d Hartley and stop them qualifying please). All the best.

Quite. Montrose were patient and gracious hosts - thank you to them.

I get the feeling that their team is coming to the end of its life though, and the replacements they have as things stand are not up to the standard they will require to maintain their current position in the league.

Awrabest until next time.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

8 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Quite. Montrose were patient and gracious hosts - thank you to them.

I get the feeling that their team is coming to the end of its life though, and the replacements they have as things stand are not up to the standard they will require to maintain their current position in the league.

Awrabest until next time.

Yeah, that's my fear.

Dillon is in his 40s. Steeves, Webster, Masson and Watson all played in the Brora game in 2015.

Wholesale changes are required and I just hope SP has something up his sleeve.

Touch of class with guard of honour and genuine congratulations received from Montrose fans and staff. A well run club that I hope manages the play offs and a crack at the championship 

Edited by Higgenarse