COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 minute ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Hey Frank ChickensDumb and other krankies, go do one will you. Carved up by Sturgeon and sitting on her platter like prize winners. You are not a football fan, you are cultists and sheep.

Wait till we see the photos of Sturgeon and her cronies sitting at the football stuffing their faces with pie, one rule for them another rule for us.

26 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Now I'm no one of they immunologists, but maybe you should direct the greeting at the c***s who haven't been jabbed or boosted 

Load of shite. unvaccinated are a small % of the population and this spike is directly to do with omicron and vaccines no longer working.

And if jabbed and boosted was fine why not continue with vaccine passports?

26 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Now I'm no one of they immunologists, but maybe you should direct the greeting at the c***s who haven't been jabbed or boosted 

Why on earth would someone direct any anger at people who have not been jabbed or boosted, in this scenario? Certainly for larger stadia, vaccine passports were introduced for these events to... protect us? Now we are being told we need added restrictions which essentially proves that the introduction of vaccine passports was useless.

Just now, K.T said:

Was there any mention of clubs being compensated? 

That's the only way I can imagine clubs following the decision.

Utter joke this is, I and so many others have done as much as we individually can to help the situation as best we can, and still we are punished first.

Just now, ropy said:

Wait till we see the photos of Sturgeon and her cronies sitting at the football stuffing their faces with pie, one rule for them another rule for us.

Don't you know that Delta Omicron is an anagram of media control. Bloody Sturgeon couldn't even resist leaving that little gag in there to taunt brave warriors like Snifter. But he's wise to it, he's figured it out. Just him an Shankland against the sheep world. 

43 minutes ago, G51 said:

But what’s the point?

Limiting the chances of players catching covid, mainly.

43 minutes ago, G51 said:

The restrictions will almost certainly be extended, so what do we do when that happens? We’ll still have to play these fixtures behind closed doors.

All we’d achieve by postponing these fixtures would be to deprive ourselves of watching games during the festive period and cause a fixture backlog further down the line.

We don't have a Euros or World Cup to worry about next summer, so I'm not sure why the season can't be pushed a week or two and a couple extra games slotted into free midweeks? No idea what the plan is for next season with the Qatar WC being in December so that might not be possible.

Edit: Just remembered we have Nations League games in June, still got some free midweeks though and extra week at the end of May (2 if we scrapped the playoffs, which would only please Dundee).

Edited by LiviLion

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Why on earth would someone direct any anger at people who have not been jabbed or boosted, in this scenario? Certainly for larger stadia, vaccine passports were introduced for these events to... protect us? Now we are being told we need added restrictions which essentially proves that the introduction of vaccine passports was useless.

Vaccine passports are useless as they are never checked. I've yet to be asked for proof of vaccination at any event that has apparently got them in place. 

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Utter joke this is, I and so many others have done as much as we individually can to help the situation as best we can, and still we are punished first.

Clubs will follow the decision because they have no choice. If we tried to get into a fight with the government we’d lose pretty decisively.

I’d agree that this is going to piss people off who were borderline on getting the vaccine. The deal was, pretty explicitly, if you took the vaccine you’d get your social life back. If the government backtrack on that, why would people trust you next time?

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Dens going from close to a sell out for the derby to only 500 season ticket holders is some loss for the club. And I’m sure there will be many worse than us since it seemed a few were on the brink last time.

it’s a kick in the balls for the fans for sure. Triple vaccinated does seem like it didn’t make a difference. 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

Vaccine passports are useless as they are never checked. I've yet to be asked for proof of vaccination at any event that has apparently got them in place. 

I have once, and even then it was a momentary glance.

My main point was that the introduction of vaccine passports was supposed to let us attend these events safely (essentially causing a divide and promoting the ridiculous opinion that unvaccinated people are a danger to vaccinated people). Now they are saying we cannot attend these events even with a vaccine passport which just highlights how ridiculous it was in the first place.

1 minute ago, K.T said:

Dens going from close to a sell out for the derby to only 500 season ticket holders is some loss for the club. And I’m sure there will be many worse than us since it seemed a few were on the brink last time.

it’s a kick in the balls for the fans for sure. Triple vaccinated does seem like it didn’t make a difference. 

Spiteful is what it is. She doesnt care or probably even know that thousands have bought tickets for these fixtures. I'm Nicola and I do what I like ken.

Just now, AJF said:

I have once, and even then it was a momentary glance.

My main point was that the introduction of vaccine passports was supposed to let us attend these events safely (essentially causing a divide and promoting the ridiculous opinion that unvaccinated people are a danger to vaccinated people). Now they are saying we cannot attend these events even with a vaccine passport which just highlights how ridiculous it was in the first place.

I think vaccine passports were always a little flawed. 

But btoh you and G51 are wilfully ignoring the actual reality in front of us. 

2 jabs mostly killed delta in vaccinated people. So life comes back. Then omicron comes along and 2 jabs does little, so life goes away again. It sucks, but it's hardly the fault of any domestic government. 

A lot of people seem to forget that part of the reason death rates aren't particularly high is because 170k people with vulnerabilities are already dead.  Magically bring them back and things would be fairly awful again no doubt.