COVID-19 In Scottish Football

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s the cut-off for titles/relegations etc on PPG ?

I don't think there is one. It would go to a vote. I doubt it will get to that stage though as games will just get played behind closed doors again.

12 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Power mad ginger b*tch putting the boot into us again ahead of anybody else. I've two vaccinations and the booster and should be able to attend games. I see no spike in hospitalisations, quite the reverse. Just evil!

Now I'm no one of they immunologists, but maybe you should direct the greeting at the c***s who haven't been jabbed or boosted 

Does make most sense to me to postpone the games after tomorrow night. Can either slot them in for midweeks or extend the season by a few weeks.

Would give clubs and the SPFL a couple extra weeks to figure things out. Bit of a break for clubs being hit by outbreaks and less chance of further outbreaks you'd think.

1 minute ago, JamieThomas said:

Now I'm no one of they immunologists, but maybe you should direct the greeting at the c***s who haven't been jabbed or boosted 

This isn't America. It's a very low % of the population that hasn't.

13 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Power mad ginger b*tch putting the boot into us again ahead of anybody else. I've two vaccinations and the booster and should be able to attend games. I see no spike in hospitalisations, quite the reverse. Just evil!

It applies to all sports to be fair. If what you see saying is correct and we see no increase in hospitalisation, then post winter break we will all be back in grounds. If the opposite is true, then it will be the right decision.

I think we should just bring in the winter break as soon as the midweek games are out of the way. Would give club, players and authorities time to catch up. 

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don't think there is one. It would go to a vote. I doubt it will get to that stage though as games will just get played behind closed doors again.

Be very interesting to see how this all unfolds. A record of about turns and the reasons given why, will be worth the popcorn alone.

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Does make most sense to me to postpone the games after tomorrow night. Can either slot them in for midweeks or extend the season by a few weeks.

Would give clubs and the SPFL a couple extra weeks to figure things out. Bit of a break for clubs being hit by outbreaks and less chance of further outbreaks you'd think.

But what’s the point? The restrictions will almost certainly be extended, so what do we do when that happens? We’ll still have to play these fixtures behind closed doors.

All we’d achieve by postponing these fixtures would be to deprive ourselves of watching games during the festive period and cause a fixture backlog further down the line.

Looks like there will be no Rangers fans inside Celtic Park after all. 

In all seriousness though agree with @G51 the most likely scenario is that we end up playing out most of the season with limited or no capacity so postponing fixtures is only going to end up with us playing league games into June or beyond

Wrong. The Welsh government banned attendances at football from 27th Dec yesterday. And there was only ONE Premier League game played last Saturday as Premier League clubs called off due to Covid positives and being unable to field a team. The science says close the Premier down but the Buffoon doesn't want to upset his parasites.