EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Liverpool manage to score and concede 7 goals in matches in the same season, last team to do that was Arsenal in 2011-12 who beat Blackburn 7-1 and lost 8-2 at Old Trafford.

Arteta getting a fairly easy ride in the media at the moment imo, despite being both several points and league places worse off than when Emery got his jotters last year.

9 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They claim it’s the best league in the world but the Champions, who are decimated by injury and got fucked out of the CL in the last 16 last season by the team who were 6th in Spain at the time are pishing the league again.

The English league is punctuated by terrible defences, garbage goalkeepers, arsehole pundits and fanboy glory hunters that don’t support their local team.

still better than the tinpot shite up here though.

6 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Brexit will drop the standard of the EPL unless the relax the immigration laws for them.

You’ll have 12 or 13 clubs fighting over the likes of McBurnie. Not to mention a league of English managers looking for 6’5” lads to get a flick on.

1990s here we come.

Brexit won't change that much for the top sides, except signing promising kids from elsewhere, and City have already gotten round that rule by already owning 4 clubs elsewhere around the world, Chelsea have strong links with Arnhem, and United may try and restore their links with Royal Antwerp 

Fair point from Jermaine Jenas on MOTD last night on why Refs don’t use the same range of angles available to TV viewers when checking the VAR screen? Callum Wilson’s clear dive against Fulham gives Newcastle a penalty and reduces the opposition to 10 men. The Ref Graham Scott checks the action twice and STILL makes the wrong decision. The continued claim that the EPL is ‘the best league in the world’, is nonsense. It’s become a bit of a joke, with Refereeing and VAR being the punchline at present.

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Fair point from Jermaine Jenas on MOTD last night on why Refs don’t use the same range of angles available to TV viewers when checking the VAR screen? Callum Wilson’s clear dive against Fulham gives Newcastle a penalty and reduces the opposition to 10 men. The Ref Graham Scott checks the action twice and STILL makes the wrong decision. The continued claim that the EPL is ‘the best league in the world’, is nonsense. It’s become a bit of a joke, with Refereeing and VAR being the punchline at present.

I got the impression he was checking for a red card, rather than for the penalty.

Think that's a shocking decision for Sheffield Utd. At grass roots you're told not to go in soft to a challenge or you could get hurt. The boy has got a massive amount of the ball and his momentum has taken him through to the boy (arguably because the other boy has pussied out).

First half subs are the textbook last rites of a managerial reign. Especially when that sub is Oli Burke.
Did i see fleck smiling about it? Is he raging and trying to not show it?

Clear red card and Brighton should now win this (which suits the little accumulator I took).

Think that's a shocking decision for Sheffield Utd. At grass roots you're told not to go in soft to a challenge or you could get hurt. The boy has got a massive amount of the ball and his momentum has taken him through to the boy (arguably because the other boy has pussied out).

He's went in with too much aggresion, though. As i mentioned, I'm biased, but i always saw that as a red card.

7 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Arteta getting a fairly easy ride in the media at the moment imo, despite being both several points and league places worse off than when Emery got his jotters last year.

Emery coming in after wenger put him under a bit more pressure, especially after a few decent games early on had fans chanting about ‘having their Arsenal back’ expectations were raised and the idea that they could compete at the top of the league again came in.

Now it seems that it’s been accepted arsenal are pretty crap  and nobody is expecting any more from them.

Edited by parsforlife

He's went in with to much aggresion, though. As i mentioned, I'm biased, but i always saw that as a red card.
I mean that's what will be said officially but seriously, what a load of shite. The boy has got a massive chunk of the ball in a 50/50. Because the other boy fails to go in as hard he's penalised. If the other boy goes in as hard the ball likely stops dead.

9 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Liverpool manage to score and concede 7 goals in matches in the same season, last team to do that was Arsenal in 2011-12 who beat Blackburn 7-1 and lost 8-2 at Old Trafford.

His media fanboys won't admit that his expensive squad has is regressing and heading towards relegation. Arsenal have spent big money in the last couple of years. Pepe, Tierney and Martinelli were signed under Emery but it was rumoured that he preferred other targets.

Arteta signed Partey, Gabriel and Willian (apparently on big wages). Ceballos's loan was extended too. He also bought Saliba and Runnarson and agreed permanent deals for Soares and Mari. Ozil and Sokratis, like Guendouzi and Torreira, have been frozen out.  Only an experienced and proven manager can sort this mess out.