EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

28 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Oli Burke was a straight swap for Callum Robinson.

Wilder wasted £23.5 million on the inexperienced Rhian Brewster who is still stuck on the bench. Incredibly, he also spent £19 million on Aaron Ramsdale. 

Ramsdale, Mcburnie, Brewster, Burke

Relegation signings

14 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Who can Sheffield Utd get as manager. It will need to be someone desperate for a job because it is a side that is almost certainly going down.

I suppose Nigel Pearson is available.

They could offer a pound more than West Brom did to Allardyce.

31 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Who can Sheffield Utd get as manager. It will need to be someone desperate for a job because it is a side that is almost certainly going down.

Mick McCarthy's available

36 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Yes and the other candidates touted by the media for the West Brom job,  e.g. Eddie Howe and Mark Hughes.

It will be hard to attract someone decent with one only point and a mediocre squad. 

Word on the street (or at least 5 live speaking to local reporters) is that they're sticking with wilder, as he would be best suited to get them promoted again.

That might be the best option.

Sometimes gambling on a new manager and new players halfway through can be a very costly decision, and one that night set them plummet.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Word on the street (or at least 5 live speaking to local reporters) is that they're sticking with wilder, as he would be best suited to get them promoted again.

I'd definitely say that would be the best way for them to go. 

Guest TheJTS98
5 hours ago, pandarilla said:

That might be the best option.

Sometimes gambling on a new manager and new players halfway through can be a very costly decision, and one that night set them plummet.

Makes sense. Lessons learned, don't throw good money after bad by changing the coach with a big payout and having to fund a futile January transfer splurge for the new guy.

Probably looking at a Burnley-ish model of taking it on the chin and coming back in a year or two. They've got a coach there who has shown he can do the job, so why take an expensive punt on someone else at this stage?

Edited by TheJTS98

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Has every single MU away game followed the same pattern?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, accies1874 said:
Has every single MU away game followed the same pattern?

All except 1 or 2 I think.

They've come from behind to win in every away PL game so far. Brighton, Newcastle, Everton, Southampton, West Ham and Sheff Utd. 

For me, the bottom 3 looks a stick on to be Fulham, WBA, and Sheffield United. Regardless of West Brom brining in Big Sam, they have a Championship level squad and will go down as a result.

I think Burnley will eventually pull clear. Brighton could be there or thereabouts but have a better squad than the current bottom 3 and should have enough to stay up. It would be hilarious if Arsenal get dragged right into it but I expect they'll get their act together at some point.