EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

15 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Great result for WBA. Wonder what will emerge from the Pep tombola of excuses this time.

City are missing David Silva very badly. Gundogan does not have the skill or consistency to be his replacement .

Silva left for Real Sociedad and they are now top of La Liga. The wizard is working his magic again. What a player!

City are missing David Silva very badly. Gundogan does not have the skill or consistency to be his replacement .
Silva left for Real Sociedad and they are now top of La Liga. The wizard is working his magic again. What a player!
I take it he wanted to go, rather than being gently pushed out the door?

The nature of that kind of player doesn't need youth, and can be absolutely crucial well into his mid 30s. I'm thinking of pirlo and Scholes as other fine examples.

25 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I take it he wanted to go, rather than being gently pushed out the door?

The nature of that kind of player doesn't need youth, and can be absolutely crucial well into his mid 30s. I'm thinking of pirlo and Scholes as other fine examples.

Silva chose to leave City. He wants to finish his career at Las Palmas (his home club on Gran Canaria) but they are not in La Liga.

Real Sociedad's great start to the season shows that he has made another shrewd choice.

His form after lockdown last season showed that he can play at the top level for a few more years.