EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Ole Gunnar Solskjear revealing himself to be nearly on par in the parenting stakes as Charlie Mulgrew and Gerry McCann wasn't something I'd expect from the manager of a side who just won a game 3-1. 

Very, very strange comment to make. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

It is a free kick, yes. He's flicked his hand out and caught his opponent with it. He should have been booked for it, too. 

It is a contact sport, you're correct. Where are you drawing the line here? Are we all allowed to go about elbowing people in the face when we jump for headers because "it's a contact sport"? 

Never in a million years is that a free-kick. Its a contact sport, you're allowed to make contact with your opponent. For it to be a foul you have to actually foul them, that's why they call it a foul.

McTominay has beat Son and is moving away from him. If he accidentally makes contact with him is neither here nor there, as he didn't foul him, so it isn't a foul. 

One of the worst decisions I've ever seen and if that's a foul we might as well just stop watching football. Notice in the build-up to the third goal Pogba does exactly the same thing, and nobody even mentioned it cause its farcical to claim a foul for that.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Ole Gunnar Solskjear revealing himself to be nearly on par in the parenting stakes as Charlie Mulgrew and Gerry McCann wasn't something I'd expect from the manager of a side who just won a game 3-1. 

Very, very strange comment to make. 

Nah that was all just because English is a second language for the two managers.

He meant 'sent to bed without any supper' that sort of thing. But didn't know the correct phrase, and Moaninho reacted to it to deflect from how shite a manager he is as he always does.

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Nah that was all just because English is a second language for the two managers.

He's spent nearly twenty years of his life in England. I'm exceptionally confident he knows there is a difference between saying "no supper" and "my son wouldn't get any food". 

Only thing weirder than Ole's comment is your own meek defence of it and bizarre contorted explanation, tbh. 

wait was... was it not just a joke?

I mean im pretty sure ive heard parents say stuff like "oh i'd belt my son if he ever spoke to me that way" before, i doubt they always all literally mean they're going to inflict corporal punishment on their offspring for their cheek

edit: yeah watched it on the beeb there "and he needs ten other mates to help him up... he's not gonna get food for a few days"  while smiling.

I mean I think he might  be joking rather than outing himself as a monster on a par with josef fritzl tbh

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I think they are a top English club. 26 major trophies. More than most. Also top 4 finishes regularly in the last 10 years or even longer. But the current defence they have are brutal. If they sort that out and keep Kane, Son etc they will be back to top 4.

They’re not a big club. The top/big 4 was a thing during the 00s and now it’s the big 6 for some reason when it should really be the big 5 with City winning stuff, Spurs have somehow roped themselves in despite only winning one trophy this century.

Another VAR balls up, WBA score but it's flagged offside, but it looks very tight on the replay. The only VAR pictures they have shown so far the line on the attacking player was on Kyle Bartley, and not on Diagne who headed it in.

Explanation being given is that because of the camera position (presumably the side in view that blocks off Diagne) they couldn’t get a line drawn on him and had to leave it with the on field decision. Even though the image above shows you clearly that he’s onside.

If that's the issue - I still think they've come up with an excuse - then what's the fucking point in having it? There have been other goals disallowed despite not having definitive technology (exact frames being the main one).