EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Decent game but Newcastle are still awful. Gifted a two goal lead against 10 men and they still almost blew it.  Willock scoring another crucial goal for them. I wouldn't put all the blame at Bruce's door in that some of their players are just not very good.

Edited by jagfox BLM

I'd have a lot more respect for the pundits if they would just come out and own the mess they've foisted on us with their advocacy of the VAR. 

Reduce error and remove controversy: what an utter failure it's been. They can moan that the problem is the implementation of VAR all they want, but we all knew that it would end up micromanaging the game. All these dodgy armpit offsides, if they weren't already, would end up being checked anyway due to complaints about consistency. 

Get rid of it. 

It’s not so much VAR but the offside rule, there is no need for it to be so close. The point of the rule is to stop players standing in front of the keeper all game but now it’s at the point that it’s not even possible for players to know or make sure they aren’t offside anymore.

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't understand why they're even checking this. 

I think if holding had stuck a leg at the ball, and/or had been closer to the keeper it would have been offside.  VAR check is fine,  but it should only have been brief.

Just now, parsforlife said:

I think if holding had stuck a leg at the ball, and/or had been closer to the keeper it would have been offside.  VAR check is fine,  but it should only have been brief.

Maybe they thought they'd drag it out for the drama. 

I agree with Neville (on the “big six” proposal for Europe), I know he’s happy to criticise the team if they play badly, I am not sure I have heard him criticise the clubs management in this sense before.  

Edited by Jambomo

Does that challenge from wood not need scrutinised more?  2 foot, off floor, nowhere near ball.   The ‘had to go for it’ excuse has disappeared from every other area of the pitch, but if you’re trying to score it still seems enough, not sure why.