EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

What did he say?
Nothing too bad, just his attitude screamed of sour grapes. "You know what you get against an Allardyce side, they sit in and look to score their ONE chance". I only tuned in near the end so assumed Liverpool battered them and just failed to score. West Brom had more shots on target than them ffs.

Klopp now greetin' about them sitting in as well. Why are big sides always shocked when wee sides do this?

I think they've started interviewing Robertson a bit more recently as they've realised his post match comments can be a bit spicy at times.  Since that post-Barcelona interview in 2019.

On the Burnley disallowed goal?  Why didn't VAR step in?  It was clearly a perfectly legal goal.

39 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Every time I've seen this Williams boy he looks like he won a Liverpool contract in a raffle.

Is that the young boy they spent an absolute fortune on? 

29 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Curtis Jones doesn’t look great either.

I think he looks half decent against teams that are willing to give him space. Camp in front of him he's a gormless string bean. Will end up at West Brom or their ilk soon enough. 

16 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Andy Robertson's a sore loser*, eh?

He's a greeting faced c**t. Him and Alexander Arnold. 

12 hours ago, David W said:

Mourinho parking the bus has backfired again, just like v Crystal Palace.

Now Kane does a ridiculous dive and gets away without a booking.

And blaming his own players for his shortcomings already.  This usually happens in year three, much quicker this time.  The biggest fraud in football getting found out quicker this time, pleasing.

13 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Two ridiculous decisions against Burnley today.

Never a penalty for Leeds.

Definitely a penalty for Burnley.

I can understand the first one but the second one was just unforgivable - Mee was clearly fouled - yet the ref gave the foul against him.

Utter nonsense.

The one where Bamford was wiped out by the keeper after getting to the ball first?

14 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I can understand the first one but the second one was just unforgivable - Mee was clearly fouled - yet the ref gave the foul against him.

Utter nonsense.

I don’t get the controversy on this.  Ball is there for the keeper to claim,  he gets to it and is impeaded by mee who got nowhere near the ball.   Sure he should still hold it but ref is right to give the foul.

I don’t get the controversy on this.  Ball is there for the keeper to claim,  he gets to it and is impeaded by mee who got nowhere near the ball.   Sure he should still hold it but ref is right to give the foul.
Nope. MotD called it, if a defender had gone up for the header and cleaned out Mee to get there, it would have been a penalty. Just because it was the keeper, doesn't allow him to knee a player in the back before he even touched the ball

The one where Bamford was wiped out by the keeper after getting to the ball first?

So you agree it wasn’t a penalty. That’s right, Bamford got to the ball first. So did anyone else play the ball prior to the collision? Yes, Nick Pope did, so no penalty.

You have fallen for the old line of “got to the ball first” which is a perfectly good reason to award a penalty provided the player committing the offence doesn’t play that ball because he was beaten to it.
In this case, Pope legitimately made contact with the ball after Bamford, so no offence was committed, so no penalty. It’s not even a grey area. VAR have given themselves a grey area to protect decisions made by their referees......”not a clear and obvious” error. That was used to full effect in Leeds favour yesterday.

If the laws had been applied based on factual evidence, the result would have been 0-1 to Burnley.

Simply getting the ball initially doesn't give free reign to take a guy down after you've done so. If he'd gone down under that initial challenge then fair enough, but he didn't. He still had a shot at getting the ball after the initial challenge and was taken down. That's a foul.

Title odds :- Liverpool Evens, Manchester City 13/8 Manchester United 10/1 , Chelsea 17/1 , Spurs 19/1 and Leicester 33/1,. Everton at 50/1.

Every team looks capable of dropping points just now.
The bookies obviously agree but despite the current tightness, only two of those teams are proven capable of finding the neccessary consistency. The same two are proven capable of going on a proper run and putting daylight behind them, but one of the two is a year further removed from showing it, so its Liverpools title again for me Jeff. By quite a comfortsble margin in the end...... Jeff

40 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So you agree it wasn’t a penalty. That’s right, Bamford got to the ball first. So did anyone else play the ball prior to the collision? Yes, Nick Pope did, so no penalty.

You have fallen for the old line of “got to the ball first” which is a perfectly good reason to award a penalty provided the player committing the offence doesn’t play that ball because he was beaten to it.
In this case, Pope legitimately made contact with the ball after Bamford, so no offence was committed, so no penalty. It’s not even a grey area. VAR have given themselves a grey area to protect decisions made by their referees......”not a clear and obvious” error. That was used to full effect in Leeds favour yesterday.

If the laws had been applied based on factual evidence, the result would have been 0-1 to Burnley.

He absolutely wiped Bamford out. Its a penalty.