Serbia V Scotland - EURO 2020 Playoff Final ( Thursday 12th November)

greenockraver

On 09/10/2020 at 01:11, Craigieboy86 said:

Armstrong ,Christie and Tierney will avalible scotland squad after 14 day finihs for Covid-19

Scotland should call up Griffith, McCrorie (McCrorie keeper brother ) and  Nesbit

Scotland squad 

Keeper

R.McCrorie 

Marshall

McLaughlin

Defender

Findlay

Tierney

Cooper

Gallagher

O'Donnell

Palmer

Taylor

Robertson

Porteous

Midfielder

Christie

Armstrong 

R.McCrorie

McTominay

McGinn

Jack

McGregor

Fraser

J.Forrest

Striker

Griffith

McBurnie

Shankland

Nesbit

Dykes

Line up face Serbia (3-5-2)

Marshall

Tierney Cooper Gallagher

Palmer McGregor Jack McGinn Robertson

Griffith Dykes

Subs

R McCrorie (Gk)

Findlay

R.McCrorie

Christie

Fraser

Forrest

Nesbit

McBurnie

Porteous

Taylor

O'Donnell

McLaughlin (Gk)

Shankland

Armstrong

McTominay

Christie or Armstrong instead of Griffiths

Can't see anything than an utter pumping for us here.
Dont agree, although not confident here at all. I think the fact we continually leak goals is the main issue. Nothing to suggest we'll get taken apart though, 2-0 serbia would be my bet.

There's a reason all these teams are in this playoff scenario. Each team will have their respective fatal flaws and just being general sh!tebags in the big games

10 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

theres nae way any real scotland supporter dislikes james mcfadden surely . 

Him saying that Scotland fans only dislike McBurnie due to the fact he has an English accent firmly put McFadden in the roaster category for me.

He was a decent footballer who gave us a moment or two that will last with fans of Scotland forever, but that doesn't justify him giving us what will inevitably be 20+ year of spouting absolute shite.

11 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

In the pre-match build-up to the Israel game, was it not McFadden who got tore into the Scotland fans for giving McBurnie stick, as we were only doing it because of his English accent?

My opinion of him dropped a wee bit there.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

In the pre-match build-up to the Israel game, was it not McFadden who got tore into the Scotland fans for giving McBurnie stick, as we were only doing it because of his English accent?

My opinion of him dropped a wee bit there.

didny watch it . those pundit bits are always shite.

enjoyed his time as an international some of the best performances ever from a Scotland player.  (link up play with fletcher to bamboozle the dutch defence in 2003 being a particular highlight). 

Edited by greenockraver

4 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Him saying that Scotland fans only dislike McBurnie due to the fact he has an English accent firmly put McFadden in the roaster category for me.

He was a decent footballer who gave us a moment or two that will last with fans of Scotland forever, but that doesn't justify him giving us what will inevitably be 20+ year of spouting absolute shite.

And it’s a real shame that his shining highlight was utterly ruined by Peter Martin’s insufferable and unprofessional commentary.  Not really, McFadden’s fault, that, but his punditry career is sentence after sentence of idiocy.  That said, the fact he isn’t coaching the national team is good for all concerned.

Would be interesting how you define "real scotland supporter"

If its blindly accepting the opinion of someone because they scored a few goals over a decade ago, I'm obviously not an ultra like you.

Croatia were not out though
Brilliant result

I remember it being talked about as a turning point in our fortunes. Seven years later we are still waiting for a result as good as that [emoji28]

McBurnie hasn’t helped himself but there is definitely an element of “he’s no even Scottish” in the dislike towards him. Not so much on here but you see it on almost every other social media.
It's the same as calling someone you don't like a fat/ginger/speccy c**t. You don't actually have a problem with their weight/hair/vision but you can't be arsed or aren't capable of elucidating your thoughts.

"McBurnie should be nowhere near a Scotland shirt."
"Why?"
"Er, those socks and his funny accent!"