The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

21 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I did predict that nut jobs with guns would turn up at counting centres.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/election-us-latest-live-trump-22942376.amp

If this were any other country the US would be complaining. sending in the "advisors".

FTFY

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I think indoctrinate is the perfect word tbh 

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1324175651515949056?s=19

There's a hard line of nutters I'll give you that! But the vast majority of those who voted for him are indoctrinated? And just coincidentally they are from regions which have been in economic and employment decline for decades (with coincidentally fewer education opportunities and worse outcomes which might explain why they're a bit credulous to a right wing grifter like Trump)? I don't buy it.

I'm generally glad Biden's won but I think it's likely that there's a smarter, less cartoonish trump who will hit the same lines in abandoned constituencies and be right back in. I don't see what's going to be done to fix it because I don't think the Dems are willing to see the problem.

We're going to have to disagree on that one then mate.

I mean right now, I would say the vast majority of those who voted for him are shouting foul play and parroting his nonsense about stopping votes, how and when ballots should be counted,how fraudulent mail in voting is etc. exactly as he conditioned them to think over the past couple of months. Its way beyond credulous imo

It's almost impossible to find a moderate republican on twitter atm (yes I know) pointing out that this is the way it's always been done. 

I mean is it not verging on 50% of repubs think there's some truth in QAnon

Edited by madwullie

Just now, madwullie said:

We're going to have to disagree on that one then mate.

I mean right now, I would say the vast majority of those who voted for him are shouting foul play and parroting his nonsense about stopping votes, how and when ballots should be counted,how fraudulent mail in voting is etc. exactly as he conditioned them to think over the past couple of months. Its way beyond credulous imo

It's almost impossible to find a moderate republican on twitter atm (yes I know) pointing out that this is the way it's always been done. 

Aye, fair enough. I'm maybe being overly generous. I can absolutely understand where the appeal of someone like Trump comes from, he offers an alternative even if he has no intention of helping anyone. But to then go so far that you're protesting voting centres and screaming about stolen elections? I struggle to square that one with anything rational to be fair 

Just now, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Aye, fair enough. I'm maybe being overly generous. I can absolutely understand where the appeal of someone like Trump comes from, he offers an alternative even if he has no intention of helping anyone. But to then go so far that you're protesting voting centres and screaming about stolen elections? I struggle to square that one with anything rational to be fair 

I added a bit about QAnon too. 

I do agree that 2016, a lot of people voted for different reasons, but the fact he's acted like he has the last 4 years and still adds ~5mil onto his vote? Either they've been led up the garden path or they are genuinely awful people

9 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

There's a hard line of nutters I'll give you that! But the vast majority of those who voted for him are indoctrinated?

I think it’s really hard to gauge exactly how many of the Republicans are now hard line or “indoctrinated”.

You have your hard line nutters who are very vocal around it, but I suspect there are a number of Republicans who are equally as indoctrinated into this but are silent about it, possibly they know that the behaviour and direction of Trump is problematic to others and rather than get into arguments around it - they keep quiet and keep supporting. Knowing the size and reach of those people is a lot more difficult to know.

I think it’s really hard to gauge exactly how many of the Republicans are now hard line or “indoctrinated”.
You have your hard line nutters who are very vocal around it, but I suspect there are a number of Republicans who are equally as indoctrinated into this but are silent about it, possibly they know that the behaviour and direction of Trump is problematic to others and rather than get into arguments around it - they keep quiet and keep supporting. Knowing the size and reach of those people is a lot more difficult to know.

You just need to look at how Graham, Cruz etc al behaved before and after the primaries in 2016.

On one hand, could see them all ditching Trumpism as soon as its tainted by defeat. On the other, the last 4 years has emboldened the lunatic fringe in a way the tea party couldn't even do and they may be here to stay.

Only thing that's certain is that reptiles like the above named will get behind anyone they think can help them stay in power.

Fox News has Biden at 264 so if they're saying that I'll take that.

Guardian has him over 7,000 votes ahead in Nevada with nearly 400,000 votes to count. Given that the overwhelming majority of mail-in ballots are Democratic ones it seems more than likely he'll hang on there.

22,000 behind in Georgia with 100,000 left to count.