The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

Well my £20 on Trump getting 210-239 is currently hanging in there....
Trump can only win one of Georgia, North Carolina and Pennsylvania for me to win.  Am I deluded or do I have a chance? [emoji38]
Decent chance of Biden taking pennsylvania and Georgia. Trump will hold NC.

We're going to have to disagree on that one then mate.
I mean right now, I would say the vast majority of those who voted for him are shouting foul play and parroting his nonsense about stopping votes, how and when ballots should be counted,how fraudulent mail in voting is etc. exactly as he conditioned them to think over the past couple of months. Its way beyond credulous imo
It's almost impossible to find a moderate republican on twitter atm (yes I know) pointing out that this is the way it's always been done. 
I mean is it not verging on 50% of repubs think there's some truth in QAnon

I wouldn’t say it’s about the vast majority being indoctrinated especially if you’re basing it off Twitter which ultimately is a niche reflection of the Republican base. There is definitely a hardcore group of psychos fully signed up but if it was the vast majority then the hysteria about a second American Civil War would have some validity.

There’s obviously a myriad of conflicting impulses behind voting for someone like Trump or a concept like Brexit but I think for a lot of people it’s just taking a gamble on your already shitty lives and knowing even if it doesn’t work out you’re making the people who you hate’s lives worse.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I wouldn’t say it’s about the vast majority being indoctrinated especially if you’re basing it off Twitter which ultimately is a niche reflection of the Republican base. There is definitely a hardcore group of psychos fully signed up but if it was the vast majority then the hysteria about a second American Civil War would have some validity.

There’s obviously a myriad of conflicting impulses behind voting for someone like Trump or a concept like Brexit but I think for a lot of people it’s just taking a gamble on your already shitty lives and knowing even if it doesn’t work out you’re making the people who you hate’s lives worse.

Then there was the time when life in the Weimar Republic was crap so people voted for change.  After all, how much worse could it get?

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why isn't Trump being done for inciting terrorism?

Who's going to 'do' him?

He's broken the law multiple times over the past four years. No-one holds him to account.

The Dems have had an absolute shocker here and Biden scraping a narrow victory isn't going to paper over the cracks.

The fact that Trump has increased his vote share by around 4 million and with hispanics, women and blacks is incredible and pretty damning for the Democrats. 

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I dont understand the American viral video obsession of driving a car whilst not concentrating on driving a car.

FREEDOM!

You wouldn't understand you limp dicked* commie!

This is 'MERICA!

Yours, yeehar!

aDONis

*penis themed insult does not assume that you are a male.  You could be a bint/bird/chick/honey for all I know.

Edited by aDONisSheep

5 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

The Dems have had an absolute shocker here and Biden scraping a narrow victory isn't going to paper over the cracks.

The fact that Trump has increased his vote share by around 4 million and with hispanics, women and blacks is incredible and pretty damning for the Democrats. 

I seem to recall reading that Trump increased his voting share in all demographics except white men :unsure2:

Edited by RiG

6 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

That's if you assume the count hasn't been rigged by Trump supporting counters. Which based on the behaviour of the average Trump supporter, shouldn't be a shock to anybody.