The US Presidential election prediction thread

ICTChris

Does the election normally drag out as long as this? Ridiculous how long it’s taking to get the full results. The longer it drags out the worse the anger on the streets will get.
It takes longer to process mail-in ballots - most states tightened procedures to ensure that fraud was virtually impossible - it's as if they knew Trump was going to take legal action.

13 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Does the election normally drag out as long as this? Ridiculous how long it’s taking to get the full results. The longer it drags out the worse the anger on the streets will get.

In Bush v Gore in 2000 it took about a month with multiple recounts in Florida. This year there are far more postal votes because of Covid which take much longer to process. Republicans have deliberately tried to slow it down by banning counting of them in some States before election day is over, specifically to create this drama and time for legal manoeuvres. 

P.S. Biggest turnout for a century at least as well, so more time needed to count them.

Edited by welshbairn

i mean everything about it is utterly absurd, but how exactly did Trump win in the first place if there's some widespread conspiracy to stop him from winning this time around?

edit: ah, i guess they'll try to vaguely handwave something about Covid and more postal ballots - point still surely stands that if there was interest in fudging it they'd have found a way to fudge it to stop him getting in a few years ago. Patent nonsense but hey ho.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

16 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

A few states aren't using the electronic voting because of Covid and the mail in ballots are a bit more labour intensive, crazy that they have to match the signature to the signature on the electoral roll

5 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

If the Democrats did indeed fix the whole thing it was nice of them not to take the Senate or a supermajority in the house.

Senate's getting interesting with runoffs in Georgia, could be that Kamala Harris becomes ruler of the Senate on a 50/50 split.

That's Trump up to about 7 or 8 tweets now that have been marked as misleading by Twitter for violating their Civil Integrity Policy yet they constantly shit the bed about actually punting him off the platform for repeated violations of said policy.

Edited by RiG

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

That's Trump up to about 7 or 8 tweets now that have been marked as misleading by Twitter for violating their Civil Integrity Policy yet they constantly shit the bed about actually punting him off the platform for repeated violations of said policy.

It is apparently to do with their ‘public interest guidelines’.  They are saying once he leaves office these guidelines will not apply and he will be banned if he continues as at present.

That will be worse for him than losing the Presidency.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
7 minutes ago, RiG said:

If you and I did it we would get a temporary ban from posting.

I was given a 24 hour ban for calling Douglas Ross a C**T 

40 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

After the last election I wanted to see the margin by which Clinton had won the popular vote. I checked in daily, sometimes a few times a day, and it kept ticking up for literally two weeks.

Right now, California has only counted 74%, New York 84%, Massachusetts 82%, Maine 87%, Maryland 70%, Connecticut 92%, Utah 80%, North Dakota 91%, Mississippi 77%, Illinois 84%, Ohio 90%... even Florida is still only at 96%.

On top of that there will be late arriving mail-in ballots that are postmarked early enough, in the states that allow that.

It is a constant source of amazement to me that the USA actually functions at all.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It is apparently to do with their ‘public interest guidelines’.  They are saying once he leaves office these guidelines will not apply and he will be banned if he continues as at present.

That will be worse for him than losing the Presidency.

Worse for us too. I don’t want to miss the absolute headsgone if/when he loses this.