The official President Biden thread.

Brother Blades

12 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
14 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

The amount of people who seem to think that This Land Is Your Land is some kind of patriotic anthem is quite something. She didn’t sing the third verse which gives the song context.

Similar misunderstanding has happened with Born in the USA by Springsteen.

We may yet live to see the Sex Pistols' God Save the Queen being turned into a jolly patriotic singalong at the Proms.

The Hendrix version of TSSB was not only a musical masterpiece but a political statement supporting the stance that opposition to the Vietnam war was the real patriotic viewpoint - and he did it, as always, in great threads.

Jimi Hendrix onstage at Woodstock 1969  

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

3 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye, he's an absolute fraud, and the people crying tears of joy are the most deluded people in human history

I like John Pilger, but I don't get what he's saying here;

Is he lamenting the current state of US foreign policy?

Is he lamenting the Obama/Biden administration interference back in 2015?

No matter what it seems tenuous at best to directly link a 2020 air-strike with Biden directly.

I'm no expert in middle-east politics other than, honouring an alliance that backs one corrupt regime v another corrupt regime via a proxy war between two (and more) corrupt groups, very rarely ends well, or with a result that I assume anyone thinks is a success.  (George Dubya mission accomplished pish aside).

I will be interested to see if the House and Senate resurrect the resolution to remove military assistance, and if Biden would sign it (Senator Biden voted for the resolution in 2019, Trump vetoed).

18 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

I like John Pilger, but I don't get what he's saying here;

Is he lamenting the current state of US foreign policy?

Is he lamenting the Obama/Biden administration interference back in 2015?

No matter what it seems tenuous at best to directly link a 2020 air-strike with Biden directly.

I'm no expert in middle-east politics other than, honouring an alliance that backs one corrupt regime v another corrupt regime via a proxy war between two (and more) corrupt groups, very rarely ends well, or with a result that I assume anyone thinks is a success.  (George Dubya mission accomplished pish aside).

I will be interested to see if the House and Senate resurrect the resolution to remove military assistance, and if Biden would sign it (Senator Biden voted for the resolution in 2019, Trump vetoed).

He's saying despite all the window dressing of reset and a more humanitarian outlook US foreign policy will not fundamentally change at all.  Biden is a nailed on imperialist war monger, always has been and will continue to be so.  He recently paused arms sales to Saudi, brilliant, but has not a word to say about Saudi committing genocide right now, and being responsible for the biggest humanitarian crisis on the planet. He won't break off diplomatic relations, indeed, like all US presidents, he will verbally suck them off and roll out the red carpet when these medieval monsters come to visit, and wouldn't dream of countenancing sanctions.

36 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

He can't shut it. That's where all the satanic paedophiles are going when they are arrested. # QAnon

Along with the wildfire starting jews with there lasers

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/article/marjorie-taylor-greene-qanon-wildfires-space-laser-rothschild-execute.html?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by doulikefish

13 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Suggesting, or even implying, that Greene is the Republican equivalent of AOC is fucking disgraceful.

Shite, sub-par journalism.

'Cry Me a River': Sanders Hits Back as Billionaire Investor Whines About Potential Tax Hikes Amid GameStop Fiasco
"Oh look, another billionaire is mad that he might have to pay more taxes while children in America go hungry and veterans sleep on the street."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/01/29/cry-me-river-sanders-hits-back-billionaire-investor-whines-about-potential-tax-hikes

Right on, brother.

On 29/01/2021 at 12:27, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

He's saying despite all the window dressing of reset and a more humanitarian outlook US foreign policy will not fundamentally change at all.  Biden is a nailed on imperialist war monger, always has been and will continue to be so.  He recently paused arms sales to Saudi, brilliant, but has not a word to say about Saudi committing genocide right now, and being responsible for the biggest humanitarian crisis on the planet. He won't break off diplomatic relations, indeed, like all US presidents, he will verbally suck them off and roll out the red carpet when these medieval monsters come to visit, and wouldn't dream of countenancing sanctions.

Ah, I get it.  

Was there any expectation that US foreign policy would be radically different?

As I said in my post, if the US passes the removal of military assistance to Saudi Arabia, that would be a step in the right direction (and a pretty powerful statement).  I wouldn't expect any outright 'public' condemnation of an 'ally' (almost no matter how grievous that ally is) as that would likely have knock on effects (and would also undermine your own countries rationale for being involved in the first place).  That is where diplomacy kicks in, and background pressure is applied.

Don't get me wrong, Saudi Arabia is shyt-stain that stinks up the entire region (and is responsible for supplying and sponsoring many of the terrorist organisations that 'we' are supposedly fighting).  But that having been said, it is an important power broker in the ever shifting allegiances of the middle east, so needs to be taken notice of.

I'll be honest and say, that I don't know that if the US extricated itself from the shyt-show, if that would help or harm?

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep