World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

5 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Must say: that closing double-header has hallmark of another debacle in Georgia/glorious failure versus the top seed finish 😄!

Helpful to have Faroes last in March triple-header.

September triple-header looks tough especially Austria up last.

Austria do travel to Israel in game 2 of the September triple header though so that should be a much trickier game than Moldova at home for us. 

Haud the bus.

Qatar are "joining" Group A.

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/2020/december/world-cup-hosts-qatar-to-join-european-qualifying-group-a

World Cup hosts Qatar will join European qualifying Group A, UEFA has announced.

Qatar will play their ‘home’ matches in Europe and, as hosts, have already qualified for the 2022 tournament, so their results will not count towards qualification.

“UEFA has invited the Qatar national team, the reigning champions of Asia, to prepare for the FIFA World Cup 2022,” the European governing body said.

“Qatar will join Group A, alongside Portugal, Serbia, Republic of Ireland, Luxembourg and Azerbaijan.”

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The glorious failure narrative isn't applicable any more - we turned up, played a theoretically much better team off the park, took a big setback and still managed to win.

So this won’t happen?

68CFB877-AA32-4136-A22B-F0E02BD2F109.png

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Why not! They’re as European as Israel.

Also playing in next year's Copa America and Gold Cup 😄.

Confusingly they already have Asian Cup qualifiers v India in March, and v Oman in June, which clash.

Must have some influential friends.

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Also playing in next year's Copa America and Gold Cup 😄.

Confusingly they already have Asian Cup qualifiers v India in March, and v Oman in June, which clash.

Must have some influential friends.

If the brown envelope is big enough, then anything is possible.

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I thought the whole point of having five team groups was to allow the Nations League finalists "gaps" to play their remaining the remaining NL fixtures? How does that work if the gap has been filled with Qatar friendlies?

NL finalists are in groups B-E.

49 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

Thanks for that.   I thought that would happen because again the bookies have overpriced Israel based on a backward looking projection.  I'll continue punting them earn profit.   Which Is why I said this.  

And again we have posters like yourself determined to say "We're better than Israel" without any evidence to back it up.   

The last time we played Israel - in our 2nd most important game for years - we got beat.    It wasn't a very important game for Israel, there was no fans and they were missing one of there very best players and we lost.   

The time before we visited Israel we were horsed 2-1 going on 6-1.    

Over the last few years we've played Israel 5 times and has 1 victory by virtue of a McGregor save in injury time.    2 draws and 2 defeats.  

The likes of  Solomon, Cohen, Zahavi, Dasa would walk into the Scotland team.    

Game 1 is at Home to Austria and Game 2 is in Israel.    What's the harder game?  

Impressed that you quoted me to say 'without any evidence to back it up' and deleted the part where I gave the evidence of why I think we're better than them.

We finished above them in both nations league groups, knocked them out the playoffs, didn't finish 5th behind North Macedonia in Euro qualifying and are ranked a pot higher and dozens of places above them in the world rankings.

49 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

Sometimes the better team doesn't win a mini-league.    Slovakia were the worst team in our nations league group but the highest ranked.   I'm asking you about our games v Israel.  

We're playing them in 5 months time.   Are you happy to have a £10 bet I'll take Israel you'll take Scotland draw no bet.    Plus I want the bet to be between us so nothing of the charity pish.   

You're missing my point.  Israel being a tough match-up for us doesn't make them a better team, sometimes teams are just bad match-ups.   Over the course of the group I'm 100% confident we'll finish above them.

But sure, I'll take the bet.  I don't need the draw though.

Just now, Andrew Driver said:

Perhaps you'd like an other bet given your 100% confidence level.   

Would you give me 10/1 that Israel will finish above Scotland?  

He accepted original bet offered. You should honour that instead of offering another.

Edited by BingMcCrosby