World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

If the brown envelope is big enough, then anything is possible.

I've just been reading about their Gold Cup entry. It involves 16 teams... 12 were to qualify by CONCACAF Nations League plus 4 by playoffs.

It seems Qatar then made an offer too good to refuse. As a result playoffs of 4 x SFs and 4 x Finals were redrawn into 6 x SFs and 3 x Finals.

These have gone from needing 1 win each to qualify to needing 2 wins - and only 2 can prevail:

Haiti
Trinidad & Tobago
Bermuda
Cuba

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_CONCACAF_Gold_Cup_qualification#Original_format

So we start in March with:

Austria (H), Israel (A), Faroes (H)

Thinking these first three games will be essential in setting the tone for the rest of the group and building up to Euro 2020.

Matchday 1 & 2 are scary, 3 has got to be a win all day long.

Obviously 9 points would be fantastic, 7 would be strong... but I fear 5, 4 or even a horrible 3 points.

Thinking positively tho, it seems like a stern, realistic test of our squad before the summer. A chance to exorcise the doubt that crept in after the two recent shitey 1-0 reverses.

I'll give you 10/1 that the sun won't rise tomorrow.  

What makes you 100% sure Scotland will finish above Israel?   

The last Israel v Scot thread was full of people like you making kind of baseless predictions.   
It's highly likely that Israel will scalp Scotland in at least one of the ties based on the recent head to heads.
It's equally likely that Scotland will score more points over the course of the group based on recent qualifier and NL group final standings.
Nothing is 100%, but I reckon that's a likely outcome once again.

We played the Czechs c team due to Covid.  

I'm happy the bookies think Denmark, Scotland and Austria are far better than Israel.   

I'll be on Israel to beat Denmark at home at 3/1 or whatever overpriced odds the bookies want to offer.  
I was semi agreeing with you or at least trying to find the balance between the two extremes in the argument.
But if you want to die on the "Israel are amazing or GTFO" hill, bash on.

1 minute ago, Andrew Driver said:

My names not Andrew.  

My caddies name is Andrew.   

When I employ him I say Andrew, Driver.   

Hence the username.  

Do you understand?  

The sentences by themselves make complete linguistic sense. The point you are trying to make doesn't. 

Flights to Faroes, Copenhagen and Moldova all booked! Just Austria to go and that's that!!

Bring it on!

I’m looking into the Moldova trip too.

What’s the route you’ve gone for? I’ve seen options of going via London, Frankfurt or Istanbul so far.

Prices already flying up for the away trips, waiting till January payday to book due to pals’ financial circumstances, hopefully don’t see it fly up too much, pardon the pub.

Looking to do Vienna, Chisnau for sure, and Denmark if finances permit.

Had both Easyjet and Ryanair open yesterday for flights from Edinburgh to Copenhagen, just waiting for my mates to get back to me. Mon-Thur was about £70 rtn at the back of 6, by the time they got back to me at 7.30 they were over £200. Got flights from Manchester for £72 Tues-Fri.