World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I’m going to learn fucking Hebrew at this rate. Cannot stand them. Their results over the past 3 years show they aren’t good at all, yet we make them look like 2010 Barcelona.

Anti Sem.....

9 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Another interesting thing to note is that Austria have a safety net for a play off place. They sit in 6th place in the Nations League failure to finish in the top 2 in your qualifying group, lets ensure all the big teams are there scam!!!

France 
Belgium
Italy 
Spain
Wales
Austria

There seems next to a 0% chance that those first 4 aren't 1st or 2nd in their respective groups which means that Austria will have a play off place whatever. Obviously their target will still be to win the group for automatic qualification but they may not be that motivated late in the campaign with a play off locked up already if automatic has gone. Therefore Austria at Hampden late next year might be what we want. 

Best runners-up are seeded in the play-offs.  The Nations League guys are not.  Austria will be going hell-for-leather for top two.

The team that actually won the World Cup drew away to Belarus and at home against poxy Luxembourg last time, so the idea that any less than 18 points against the bottom three is fatal to your chances is false.

True, but we’ve hardly got a squad of absolute diddies these days. We actually have a team with players playing at a very, very good level and should be brushing these teams aside with ease. Emphasis on the should there. Just because France can afford to have the odd hiccup absolutely does not mean we can do it as we could quite easily get horsed away to Austria and Denmark as well. It is a wide open group between ourselves, Denmark, Austria and I’d even have Israel as a dark horse for finishing top 2.

11 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

True, but we’ve hardly got a squad of absolute diddies these days. We actually have a team with players playing at a very, very good level and should be brushing these teams aside with ease. Emphasis on the should there. Just because France can afford to have the odd hiccup absolutely does not mean we can do it as we could quite easily get horsed away to Austria and Denmark as well. It is a wide open group between ourselves, Denmark, Austria and I’d even have Israel as a dark horse for finishing top 2.

We have a decent team, I agree. But we don't have an abundance of goalscorers. We virtually never "brush teams away with ease" short of the San Marinos of this world.

I'm not being negative here, I think there is every chance we could do well against Denmark and Austria. I just also think there is every chance of us dropping points against the lesser lights, given that we often struggle to score.

For me it is vital to attack the Danish and Austrian games rather than thinking a draw would be alright as we are bound to get loads of points against the others. That sort of thinking has fucked us over before. And I never want to see Scotland playing 4-6-0 again.

I also reckon we should be aiming to top the group. f**k the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I also reckon we should be aiming to top the group. f**k the playoffs.

We 100% should be trying to win the group. Austria and Denmark are really not that much better than us in all honesty. The only team I'm worried about dropping points against is Israel. 

We need to be professional against the teams below us. Although Israel are not that good at the game of foot, they have 3 quick and silky players and if you let them dictate things, they'll hurt you. We let the boy Solomon dance around us in that 1-0 defeat. It has to stop. We need to get in about them and get right in their faces to stop them from playing. They get far too much joy against us.

10 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

We 100% should be trying to win the group. Austria and Denmark are really not that much better than us in all honesty. The only team I'm worried about dropping points against is Israel. 

We need to be professional against the teams below us. Although Israel are not that good at the game of foot, they have 3 quick and silky players and if you let them dictate things, they'll hurt you. We let the boy Solomon dance around us in that 1-0 defeat. It has to stop. We need to get in about them and get right in their faces to stop them from playing. They get far too much joy against us.

Home TeamIsraelAway TeamScotland
Possession
Home49%
Away51%
Shots
Home11
Away19
Shots on Target
Home2
Away7
Corners
Home2
Away12

Fucking love the Danes, though they'll pump us.  Tbf love them cause I pumped one and she was class.  They were all pretty cool though.
I've pumped four and two of those were the most disastrous relationships of my life* so I hope we absolutely pummel them.

*aye, got dumped and still bitter.