Done once, never again

5 hours ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

the US in general is overrated in my opinion, 3 days is more than enough time to spend in Vegas

This is mostly true. However I've enjoyed two holidays in the US, in New York and San Francisco but I can't quite put my finger on it. 

There is no free healthcare system, no minimum wage, the pubs are shite, you have to pay a ridiculous tip to waiting staff to avoid being chased down the street because of the minimum wage no-rule, there are red-neck, Trump voting c***s everywhere, yet still it was great fun. 

I cannot quite put my finger on it. I enjoyed my time in the US... 

6 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

This is mostly true. However I've enjoyed two holidays in the US, in New York and San Francisco but I can't quite put my finger on it. 

There is no free healthcare system, no minimum wage, the pubs are shite, you have to pay a ridiculous tip to waiting staff to avoid being chased down the street because of the minimum wage no-rule, there are red-neck, Trump voting c***s everywhere, yet still it was great fun. 

I'm in the same boat. I've enjoyed my trips to America but generally, it is a horrific place. Why the UK population seems hell bent on mimicking all their shit confuses me somewhat.

I think it's because most of them have only ever seen it on tv or perhaps a two week holiday and actually think that's what it's like. Stay there for any length of time however, and it soon becomes apparent just how fucked up a country it is.  

10 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

New York is the most overrated city in the world, San Francisco was pretty interesting, {did you ever go into the tenderloin district ?}

San Diego is seen as a some sort of  Utopia, it was okay, Washington DC was the biggest surprise i  enjoyed that, Chicago wasnt too bad either, Vegas is Blackpool except you don't bump into some knob you used to work beside, or a darts team one of your mates used to play against, i'd take a month in Australia everytime, but now you mention it, going back just to start arguments about not tipping would be a laugh.

5 hours ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

the US in general is overrated in my opinion, 3 days is more than enough time to spend in Vegas

I was in Vegas 2 nights and it was more than enough! 

I did a month tour coast to coast. Some places were very overrated. I enjoyed Washington DC, Chicago, San Francisco  and the National parks way more than i enjoyed the likes of Vegas and LA 

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I was in Vegas 2 nights and it was more than enough! 

I did a month tour coast to coast. Some places were very overrated. I enjoyed Washington DC, Chicago, San Francisco  and the National parks way more than i enjoyed the likes of Vegas and LA 

yeah i did the same over 2 months, went to Hawaii, which was pretty nice, went into Mexico from San Diego, what a fuckin shithole ''TJ'' is,  

the lads lying about the streets in the Tenderloin district of San Francisco, gave zero fucks, openly smoking crack in the street, and taking a piss or shit between two parked cars.

but it seems i enjoyed pretty much the same as yourself.

Edited by Gus Setsniffer

41 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

yeah i did the same over 2 months, went to Hawaii, which was pretty nice, went into Mexico from San Diego, what a fuckin shithole ''TJ'' is,  

the lads lying about the streets in the Tenderloin district of San Francisco, gave zero fucks, openly smoking crack in the street, and taking a piss or shit between two parked cars.

but it seems i enjoyed pretty much the same as yourself.

Jeez I’m glad I didn’t venture into that part of San Francisco 😂 I mainly just went to Alcatraz, the Giants stadium, Fisherman’s Warf and a walk over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito which was a lovely wee place 

8 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Jeez I’m glad I didn’t venture into that part of San Francisco 😂 I mainly just went to Alcatraz, the Giants stadium, Fisherman’s Warf and a walk over the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito which was a lovely wee place 

it was a weird set up, was a load of high end shops, like Gucci, Armani, Versace, then it all just turns to shit, with crackheads lying about the street

10 hours ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

New York is the most overrated city in the world, San Francisco was pretty interesting, {did you ever go into the tenderloin district ?}

San Diego is seen as a some sort of  Utopia, it was okay, Washington DC was the biggest surprise i  enjoyed that, Chicago wasnt too bad either, Vegas is Blackpool except you don't bump into some knob you used to work beside, or a darts team one of your mates used to play against, i'd take a month in Australia everytime, but now you mention it, going back just to start arguments about not tipping would be a laugh.

Image result for Kenneth Williams Meme

15 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

I'm in the same boat. I've enjoyed my trips to America but generally, it is a horrific place. Why the UK population seems hell bent on mimicking all their shit confuses me somewhat.

I think it's because most of them have only ever seen it on tv or perhaps a two week holiday and actually think that's what it's like. Stay there for any length of time however, and it soon becomes apparent just how fucked up a country it is.  

3 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I was in Vegas for 10 days a few years ago. It was great.

America in general is a shite hole for the reasons stated above though.

I think because of the amount of American culture we get over here - music, films, documentaries, food etc. - and the fact they speak English, means that people in Britain, even if they haven't been, think they know America quite well.  Two things have stuck out to me every time I've been - how foreign it feels and how poor it is.

15 hours ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

Found that in Hollywood as well. Thought it was going to be a really glamorous place, but easily one of the most run down places I've visited. The open use of crack that you mentioned was ridiculous. 

15 minutes ago, UAE1929 said:

Found that in Hollywood as well. Thought it was going to be a really glamorous place, but easily one of the most run down places I've visited. The open use of crack that you mentioned was ridiculous. 

fella from the pub, who later became of friend of mine had already warned me about that Tenderloin area, but said the bums and junkies don't bother bigger guys, so i'd be fine and i was, the only place i felt i had to be on my toes was Hollywood, get past that walk of fame its a proper shithole, although i did have the good fortune to have my one and only ''Popeye's''  fried chicken, fuckin' delicious

Edited by Gus Setsniffer