Done once, never again

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Visit Cairo. 

Was there on business and found everyone out and about to be an utter scumbag.  Even the taxi driver dropped me off at his brother's camel ride place rather than actually take me to the pyramids as requested.  Ended up being forced to get a horse to ride, via a crack in a giant wall that was bring guarded by a (clearly non-official) guy armed with a machine gun. 

Oh, and the government building beside my hotel went on fire and got burned to a crisp. 

pH_bdP.gif

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Go on then...

If you insist. Was being chased by a bully, both us were on bikes, and I looked behind me to see where he was (we were in the grounds of a derelict factory), forgot for a split second that I was heading out on the road and was taken out by an old citreon. Copped a fractured skull as well for good measure. Spent my 9th birthday in hospital. 

1 minute ago, philpy said:

If you insist. Was being chased by a bully, both us were on bikes, and I looked behind me to see where he was (we were in the grounds of a derelict factory), forgot for a split second that I was heading out on the road and was taken out by an old citreon. Copped a fractured skull as well for good measure. Spent my 9th birthday in hospital. 

So you’re ok with having a fractured skull again? 

2 minutes ago, philpy said:

What model of Citroen? I’m intrigued.

6 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Went to Vegas. Found it overrated. Maybe if I was a gambler, a drinker and into sleeze i’d have enjoyed it more! 

I’ll second this. I’ve been there 7 or 8 times. Only the first time was by choice. Business trips, a 50th birthday bash (not mine) and once to meet a couple of friends visiting from Britain. 

It’s America’s sphincter. 

20 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Visit Cairo. 

Was there on business and found everyone out and about to be an utter scumbag.  Even the taxi driver dropped me off at his brother's camel ride place rather than actually take me to the pyramids as requested.  Ended up being forced to get a horse to ride, via a crack in a giant wall that was bring guarded by a (clearly non-official) guy armed with a machine gun. 

Oh, and the government building beside my hotel went on fire and got burned to a crisp. 

The new Mission Impossible film sounds brilliant.

20 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Visit Cairo.